Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Leo Santa Cruz-Abner Mares Rematch Off Over Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Report: Leo Santa Cruz-Abner Mares Rematch Off Over Money

The Leo Santa Cruz-Abner Mares rematch won't take place October 7 after all. The featherweight champions were tentatively scheduled to fight again that night at Staples Center in Los Angeles, but according to an ESPN.com story posted Friday, Santa Cruz and Mares couldn't come to a financial agreement. Santa Cruz also would reportedly prefer facing a lesser opponent as part of a doubleheader that would feature Mares against someone else as well.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Ok leo, why don't you finally fight rigo now??

Comment

Let's get the Frampton trilogy going. Mares should try and get Haymon's permission to fight Valdez. He let Jacobs go to HBO for GGG not like there is much upside left with Mares anyways. Maybe another year or 2 max before he's like Robert Guerrero was

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          Ok leo, why don't you finally fight rigo now??
          Thatd be 3 tune-ups and 3million+ of a request lol

Comment

I'm not even mad that this fight isn't happening anyway. I felt a rematch is unnecessary although I want Mares to get his revenge, I just feel like the result would have been the same. I'd rather see Leo Santa Cruz fight Rigo or Gary Russell Jr.. And the same for Abner Mares

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
              Let's get the Frampton trilogy going. Mares should try and get Haymon's permission to fight Valdez. He let Jacobs go to HBO for GGG not like there is much upside left with Mares anyways. Maybe another year or 2 max before he's like Robert Guerrero was
              Id like to see that! If Mares had that WBA regular belt, itd make it much more interesting.

Comment

Frampton's fight canceled yesterday, now LSC's fight is cancelled today? Hmm? If LSC won't honor his promise, and travel to Ireland, then I want to see him fight GRJ or Valdez ASAP! If not a unification fight @ 126, then fight Rigondeax!

Comment

My pet peeve is bs semi-final tournaments. Wtf LSC. Just f#cking fight the guy & the guy you already beat at that LSC + Mares can only pass a physical in like 8 states in the US probably with whatever is up with his busted up ass.

Comment

I'm fine with this. Mares has fallen out of relevance and there are better fights for Santa Cruz to chase.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                      why would they need a Tune-up? Typical PBC fighter
                      Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Wasn't that interested in the match up anyway but as usual with PBC they delay yet again.
                      Prepare for a lecture, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X