Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, TBE beat the best JMM out there

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Floyd doesn't get the credit he deserves for this one, granted its looked better over time as Marquez shown he could be effective at the weight. I feel people struggle to give him the credit because they can't believe anybody could make Marquez look that bad.
    Its underrated win in my book.
    Weight, whatever nobody should be able to do that to a fighter like Marquez and after a 2 year lay off that is crazy. I remember him getting clipped with one right hand, Floyd smiling then almost instantly dropping him with a lunging left hook. It was embarrassing he did what he pleased that night.

I liked the quote in the commentary I think it was Jim Watt who said it and he goes ''I hope Floyd don't make Marquez look ordinary tonight because he's anything but''.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I think Floyd doesn't get the credit he deserves for this one, granted its looked better over time as Marquez shown he could be effective at the weight. I feel people struggle to give him the credit because they can't believe anybody could make Marquez look that bad.
      Its underrated win in my book.
      Weight, whatever nobody should be able to do that to a fighter like Marquez and after a 2 year lay off that is crazy. I remember him getting clipped with one right hand, Floyd smiling then almost instantly dropping him with a lunging left hook. It was embarrassing he did what he pleased that night.

I liked the quote in the commentary I think it was Jim Watt who said it and he goes ''I hope Floyd don't make Marquez look ordinary tonight because he's anything but''.
      Marquez JUMPED from 135 to 147 in one go. When Marquez fought at welterweight 3 years later he already assimilated in the weight since the weight gain was gradual instead of instant. Golovkin doesn't get credit for beating Brook who jumped from 147 to 160, and Floyd doesn't get credit for beating Marquez who jumped from 135 to 147.

Comment

Hehehe, I think this Topic Starter does a nice parody of some of the over the top Floyd fanboys on this site.

Comment

Whenever u beat a Mexican it's a GREAT win.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Haha...a JMM coming up two weight classes? For a catch weight fight, that Floyd didn't make weight for, and then refused to get on the scale the day of the fight? Nice to see some of you are easily entertained. The same Floyd who wouldn't fight Martinez or GGG if they came down one weight class to fight him because they were too big doe, even though the weight and size difference was the same as Floyd compared to JMM.
            Bradley has the best win over JMM I think. Right after JMMs biggest ever win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
              Bradley has the best win over JMM I think. Right after JMMs biggest ever win.
              And JMM cried about that one too. B!tch is always crying robbery when he loses a fight. Most people forget the fight Pac/JMM fight, Manny was the one who was robbed. Burt Clements never deducted the point from JMM for the third knockdown in one round. That one point made the difference in the fight being a draw and Manny winning.

Comment

And JMM cried about that one too. B!tch is always crying robbery when he loses a fight. Most people forget the fight Pac/JMM fight, Manny was the one who was robbed. Burt Clements never deducted the point from JMM for the third knockdown in one round. That one point made the difference in the fight being a draw and Manny winning.
                Joe Cortez also failed to take a point for Pacquaio punching Marquez who was already down. That's a point on 3 cards, so I think fair is fair he was robbed worse than the 1 point on 1 card.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Joe Cortez also failed to take a point for Pacquaio punching Marquez who was already down. That's a point on 3 cards, so I think fair is fair he was robbed worse than the 1 point on 1 card.
                  It wasn't intentional. Being caught up in the moment of battle while throwing punches is not the same as plugging a guy while he's already taken a knee. Something Riddick Bowe was infamous for. Of course Cortez was woefully incompetent during the Floyd/Ortiz fight and his bias was on full display when he wouldn't allow little Ricky Hatton to fight on the inside versus Floyd.

Comment

It wasn't intentional. Being caught up in the moment of battle while throwing punches is not the same as plugging a guy while he's already taken a knee. Something Riddick Bowe was infamous for. Of course Cortez was woefully incompetent during the Floyd/Ortiz fight and his bias was on full display when he wouldn't allow little Ricky Hatton to fight on the inside versus Floyd.
                    Yes, Cortez is trash. He was also trash for Calzaghe-Hopkins when he let Hopkins do everything he didn't let Hatton do. He blew those fights as well as the knockdown call in Marquez-Pacquaio I.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Yes, Cortez is trash. He was also trash for Calzaghe-Hopkins when he let Hopkins do everything he didn't let Hatton do. He blew those fights as well as the knockdown call in Marquez-Pacquaio I.
                      so it's cortez fault now that manny is a fraud? you guys are desperate

Comment

Working...
                      X