Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa Barely Defeats Alexis Reyes in Cancun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see the fight but to me Gamboa is finished after the fight with Castellanos he just hasn't realized it yet time to retire if he can barely pull out an upset against nothing but an 8 round fighter..

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Jason, you and me should be on someone's undercard.
      I would beat the brakes off of you!
      But your too scared to fight me!
      im busy beating up your moms coochie...

Comment

Gamboa was done after his previous fight. He was getting manhandled by a guy who couldn't carry his jock just a few years ago. He quit in disgust with himself. Yuri should've stayed gone. This latest fight shows nothing has changed, nor will change. The denial is real.

Comment

Originally posted by aceventura View Post
          im busy beating up your moms coochie...
          We all know your a punk ass coward!

Comment

I didn't see this fight but not surprising he went the distance. He has just 1 KO in the last 6 years. He looked tiny as phuk in the weighin photos

He looks like a midget and can't carry his power above 130. He was always easy to hit but at the lower weights he used to be so explosive and a big puncher. But he's too lazy and undisciplined to make featherweight. And doesn't have the boxing fundamentals for these bigger dudes. Wasted too many years inactive with promoter drama. Signing with 50 Cent really ruined his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              He's not a lightweight, he's a big (to be kind) featherweight. Undisciplined, counting on his skill and skimping on the hardships. Like desert.
              "LACK OF FUNDAMENTALS!!" -- Teddy Atlas

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                There will be many great entertaining fights down the road I'm sure I'd still like to see Gamboa and JuanMa kinda like Tito vs RJJ, it doesn't mean much now but could be fun to watch
                Gamboa is no longer an elite fighter he is a gate keeper now. If you view him as such there are options. Pairing him with another fighter at the end of his career such as juanma hey its 5 years too late but that's a fight I still want to see. If not an older fighter then a young fighter trying to take a step up or a top fighter coming off a loss needing a rebound. Those are the type of fights in gamboa future.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Gamboa is no longer an elite fighter he is a gate keeper now. If you view him as such there are options. Pairing him with another fighter at the end of his career such as juanma hey its 5 years too late but that's a fight I still want to see. If not an older fighter then a young fighter trying to take a step up or a top fighter coming off a loss needing a rebound. Those are the type of fights in gamboa future.
                  Gamboa turns 36 in December. He's chasing a ghost now. I get the feeling that after the Castellanos debacle, Yuri went into full denial mode. Now it's like, "If I train harder, I'll get back to my old glory." It's not happening. Gamboa frittered away a natural talent that's quite rare. It ain't coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Gamboa turns 36 in December. He's chasing a ghost now. I get the feeling that after the Castellanos debacle, Yuri went into full denial mode. Now it's like, "If I train harder, I'll get back to my old glory." It's not happening. Gamboa frittered away a natural talent that's quite rare. It ain't coming back.
                    Amen

I feel like he should just retire, it's too late the years of stupidity have caught up finally.

Comment

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
                      Damn, it seems like just yesterday, Gamboa was knockin mothaphuckers out.
                      Yea time flies. Remember him being like 3 or 4 and 0 fighting out of Germany. 10 years ago now.

Comment

Working...
                      X