No announcement yet.

Before You Crown Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before You Crown Loma

Let me preface this by saying I really like watching Vasyl Lomachenko fight, and I think he has the potential to go down as one of the best ever.

But, some have said the word "potential" just means you haven't really done shyt yet.

I write all this to say that I am not ready to annoint him just yet and have serious reservations about how he would do against the better fighters in and around his weight.

I think guys like Mikey Garcia, Miguel Berchelt, Terry Flanagan, Robert Easter Jr, and Gervonta Davis would pose serious problems to Lomachenko.

All would have great shots at beating him...and I give Loma practically no chance against Mikey Garcia.

Yes, Lomachenko looks the part. It's dazzling really.

But, when Gary Russell Jr is the best guy you have fought, and when you have a legit loss to Orlando Salido, then no matter how good you may turn out to be, the truth is there are valid question marks NOW.

Questions that can only be answered by fighting some or all of the names above.

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I really like watching Vasyl Lomachenko fight, and I think he has the potential to go down as one of the best ever.

But, some have said the word "potential" just means you haven't really done shyt yet.

I write all this to say that I am not ready to annoint him just yet and have serious reservations about how he would do against the better fighters in and around his weight.

I think guys like Mikey Garcia, Miguel Berchelt, Terry Flanagan, Robert Easter Jr, and Gervonta Davis would pose serious problems to Lomachenko.

All would have great shots at beating him...and I give Loma practically no chance against Mikey Garcia.

Yes, Lomachenko looks the part. It's dazzling really.

But, when Gary Russell Jr is the best guy you have fought, and when you have a legit loss to Orlando Salido, then no matter how good you may turn out to be, the truth is there are valid question marks NOW.

Questions that can only be answered by fighting some or all of the names above.
    I think he would beat all but Mikey and Easter. Mikey is far too big and skilled for his size and Easter is kind of a toss up.

Comment

Any fighter that fights rough and can put pressure on Loma for all 12 rounds will beat him. Walters could have beat Loma if he wasnt put on the shelf for a year while Loma was active and fighting. Martinez just fought two back to back wars with Salido and was spent. Salido was a slow, old fighter who beat Loma by 1. putting pressure on him 2. working the body.

Valdez, Berchelt could beat Loma if they go all in pressure 12 rounds.

Davis is to young and inexperienced, not all of us get to spend over 12 years in the Olympic scene like these EE fighters.

Loma will beat any fighter who trys to box with him at his weight class. his boxing is to good, but he has no heart and will collapse under pressure, Salido created the blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post

beats robert easter - jus clearly higher skilled than him

berchelt has great power but doesnt counter that much, he lets you shoot your bother then attacks, so loma outboxes him to a UD, takes over after early close rounds

beats flanagan, although thats a toughie, flanagan is big for the weight and is rough, and can fight inside and outside but loma is simply higher level boxer so close ud

makes davis lead and outboxes him to ud

at 135 at this point mikey too big but if they are both at 135 in couple years time i pick loma

Comment

Easter arguably lost to a fight against C-level fighter in the russian dude. In no way did Easter showed anything that he had the tools to beat Lomachenko. Mikey Garcia proved my suspicions on him being a bit lethargic on his approach and is in no way explosive than a first thought about Mikey. Berchelt is too flat footed, and Davis is too busy ducking Lomachenko, om which his skills that he currently showed was no way near the level of Lomachenko.

Comment

He has to leave Top Rank - its as simple as that. Same for Crawford.

Otherwise he'll keep fighting Marriaga's while complaining that one top guy after another is ducking him or overpricing themselves.

Comment

Ok so you don't like him. That's your right to like or dislike whatever boxers you choose. You don't like GGG either. You don't seem to like any Eastern European boxers and go out of your way to trash them. Just don't expect everyone else to agree with your low opinion of these excellent boxers. Since both Loma and GGG are high up on so many lists as among the 10 best pound for pound boxers in the world it's clear most don't agree with you, myself included. Go ahead and hate on GGG and Loma. I'll just keep making money betting on them to win fight after fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Ok so you don't like him. That's your right to like or dislike whatever boxers you choose. You don't like GGG either. You don't seem to like any Eastern European boxers and go out of your way to trash them. Just don't expect everyone else to agree with your low opinion of these excellent boxers. Since both Loma and GGG are high up on so many lists as among the 10 best pound for pound boxers in the world it's clear most don't agree with you, myself included. Go ahead and hate on GGG and Loma. I'll just keep making money betting on them to win fight after fight.
                Unlike Lil g, I think Loma is the real thing.

But, just like Lil g, he gets NO CREDIT til he actually beats someone who is undisputedly elite and beats them as soundly as he beat the rest of his competition.

That's what sets Floyd, and Pac, and Ward, and JMM, and others apart.

They fight elite guys and make them look like anything but.

We know Loma can make good fighters look ordinary...most of the time.

But, we don't know what he can do against other exceptional fighters.

And it looks like we are not going to get to see it anytime soon.

Comment

Loma is a Super Talent and I think he is legit and the hype is real and deserved...however the mistake that is being made is trying to paint him as this talent that is just above and beyond the rest in boxing like Mayweather was during his ERA and that is FAR FROM THE TRUTH! It is some absolute GIFTED FIGHTERS in this current ERA/Landscape of Boxing! I don't put him above Rigondeaux as far as Pure Boxing Skills absolutely NOT. Rigo can do what Loma do and more and he can do it BETTER which is why Rigo is still undefeated and avoided!

Rigo took a legit Top 5 P4P Fighter at the time in Donaire and Toyed with him for 12 Rounds. Since that happened it has been nothing but hate because clear he ruined a guy that HBO and Arum was hoping to make into a Superstar to take advantage of that Filipino Interest In Boxing because of Pacquiao success!

The mistake being made and it happened recently with Kovalev is that guys are being painted as INVINCIBLE and Arum with some of his comments is putting just a unrealistic amount of pressure on Loma to the point in which he will feel like he have to live up to it and he will try to rush up again vs a bigger guy in Mikey Garcia and he will lose again. But the Ali comparisons and "Better Than Mayweather" is fuking CRINGE when I see Arum say that about a guy who doesn't have double digit pro fights yet...SLOW DOWN!

Comment

Loma has the distinct foot work advantage over all of the boxers named above. It is gonna take a hell of a technique to beat Loma because of his movement. Only way I see someone beating him that doesn't have the technical ability is to come out and catch him with a KO punch in the first round or 2, while he is somewhat cold. If you notice, he has a tendency to feel out his timing and distance in the first 2 rounds. If they could catch him during that time then he can beat. Like it or not, he is very Hi-Tech. Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X