Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Responds To Deontay Wilder's Call Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Joshua is challenging Pulev anyway. They want no part of the undefeated Ortiz. That's why they are avoiding him. Also, note: That Kubrat Pulev has already been recently knockout by Wladimir Klitschko before as late as 2014 anyway. This is what makes him so much more of a vulnerable cherry pick than the dangerous and undefeated Luis Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      The unified & lineal bs is a dated concept. Getting all the titles together is someone virtually no one can do the abc groups are so corrupt these days. I mean feel free to name all the legit champions based on your logic over the last 20 or 30 years & I bet you'd be hard pressed to come up with a dozen guys in all divisions & a bunch of divisions have never even had anyone come close to that goal.

And like I said put up a poll who people feel is the real champion at HW & if you think the majority is saying Parker or Wilder you're wrong. Thats the beginning & end of the debate. Most people think Wilder is unskilled, even for a HW. Most people think Parker isn't that good. And most people think Joshua is the only HW guy with a belt who's done anything worth a damn. Thats the bottom line. Its not confusing or getting into silly lineal title debates.
      You are failing to realize my point. No poll, no court of public opinion can overturn the fact that Joshua is NOT the hvw who champion of the world. I'm not calling Parker or Wilder champions either. All 3 are trinket belt holders. And stop trying to tell us what "most people" are thinking because no offense but most people on this forum isn't most people at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        You are failing to realize my point. No poll, no court of public opinion can overturn the fact that Joshua is NOT the hvw who champion of the world. I'm not calling Parker or Wilder champions either. All 3 are trinket belt holders. And stop trying to tell us what "most people" are thinking because no offense but most people on this forum isn't most people at all.
        You're point isn't the point.

There is often a guy people consider The Champion regardless of undisputed this or unified that or the stupid ass "lineal" belt which is as mythical as P4P bs in a division.

And Joshua is that guy to most mfers who know about boxing at HW, Crawford is that guy at 140, LSC is that guy at 126, Loma is that guy at 130, Usyk is that guy at 200.

This ain't no sides thing. This ain't no fanboy of Joshua or hater of Wilder thing. This is a logical thing based on what we've seen from the tip top guys at HW.

Comment

You're point isn't the point.

There is often a guy people consider The Champion regardless of undisputed this or unified that or the stupid ass "lineal" belt which is as mythical as P4P bs in a division.

And Joshua is that guy to most mfers who know about boxing at HW, Crawford is that guy at 140, LSC is that guy at 126, Loma is that guy at 130, Usyk is that guy at 200.

This ain't no sides thing. This ain't no fanboy of Joshua or hater of Wilder thing. This is a logical thing based on what we've seen from the tip top guys at HW.
          Loma is a titlist and he didn't rematch Salido. Usyk is a titlist. Santa Cruz is a titlist.

I wouldn't call Cruz or Frampton champions since they both admitted that they wouldn't fight Rigo because he isn't a draw. That's what is damaging boxing. Joshua fans claiming that they are the biggest draw so they can dictate who one should fight and who they should fight. Anyway that's besides the point. The aforementioned are not champions.

Until they unify the titles they aren't champions-they're titlists. Crawford is the true lineal 140 lb champion. You don't have a point.
          Last edited by Raggamuffin; 08-05-2017, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Wilder nor Parker got the strongest reps at HW. In fact I think a lot of people consider Ortiz the 2nd best guy in the division.
            Yes including the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.

There are some ranking organizations that still have Povetkin over those two.

Comment

Where did I say anything like that? Quit making sh^t up. It makes you look petty & just sorta childish.

Sh^t I didn't even accuse Wilder of ducking. I don't think he is actually ducking. I think he's taking the least risk for the most money. And if he fights someone who can beat him he'll do it for max dollars. This is a business move. Business moves aren't ducking.
              Maybe not you personally but you know the picture people on here are trying to paint. Oh and there's Parker too. Wilder tried to make that fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Maybe not you personally but you know the picture people on here are trying to paint. Oh and there's Parker too. Wilder tried to make that fight as well.
                Like I keep saying calling guys out or "trying to make fights", whatever that means with all the sketchy ass ways to offer guys fights that they can't realllllly accept cuz its a sh^tty deal, isn't fighting the best opponent available regardless who it is from Joshua down.

So I don't give a f#ck about Wilder fighting Joshua or Parker or Ortiz per se. I care about him, or anyone else for that matter, fighting better guys each time out (or there being upward trajectory overall if there are some dips here & there) & when they are title holders for awhile I expect them to fight a best available guy every now & again too. Wilder has failed greatly at performing this minimal duty as a title holder.

This is so much more simpler then you keep trying to make it out to be bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                  Loma is a titlist and he didn't rematch Salido. Usyk is a titlist. Santa Cruz is a titlist.
                  I'd argue they are titlests yes, but they are also The Champion of their divisions by virtue of being the clear #1 in their division.

I wouldn't call Cruz or Frampton champions since they both admitted that they wouldn't fight Rigo because he isn't a draw.
                  Aren't they in different divisions now? Fair enough at 122. But once they are at 126 Rigo ain't got nothing to do with nothing. I mean unless he moves up to or I'm confused about who's fighting where.

That's what is damaging boxing.
                  The list of things damaging boxing is long. This is barely a blip on the boxing radar.

Joshua fans claiming that they are the biggest draw so they can dictate who one should fight and who they should fight. Anyway that's besides the point. The aforementioned are not champions.
                  I don't think I mentioned anything about drawing power so idk what that has to do with anything I'm talking about.

Until they unify the titles they aren't champions-they're titlists. Crawford is the true lineal 140 lb champion. You don't have a point.
                  I disagree...obviously. There are title holders & there are champions. But the boxing world is far too effed up to have the expectation of a champion only being the lineal mythical title holder or some undisputed title holder to be the champion.

This is a whole new era. And a whole new set of rules cuz the old sh^t don't fit anymore. So whoever has clearly shown themselves to be a level or more above the rest of his division or the top 2 or 3 guys in softer divisions = he's the champion & everyone else is a paper champion or title holder.

Thats how I see it these days cuz its nearly impossible to make title holders fight on any reasonable schedule. And the lil guys with titles virtually NEVER fight each other so those are just pure bs divisions with no top guy ever if we use your dated & no longer relevant logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    That's all AJ is good for.

He called out Fury after stopping Ross Purrity's leftovers, and didn't mention Wilder.
                    That's bs. AJ in a later interview, less than a day after the fight said he'd fight Wilder too. Preferred option was Wlad of course.

Now there's the mando and there is no reason AJ should give up his belt for some chump living in an Alabama trailer.

If Wilder genuinely wants AJ, he can fight WHyte on the AJ undercard and earn his shot at the man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      A month apart is basically the same schedule. I get it Wilder is just out there faking the funk and nothing he says matters. Yet everyone else's word is the holly ****ing grail.

Comment

Working...
                      X