No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Retires From Boxing, Joshua Rematch Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
    Pull up Wlad meager record the past 11 years of mostly bums like Sammy Peters twice and tony Thompson twice and Mormack the french fruit and Davey Knees Haye. Wlad took easy defenses and just had no tough fights. Wlad is a coward who quit afraid of another KO.
    So who the **** should he have fought instead? Give me some names. And calling a world champ who dominated his division for a decade a coward makes you sound like a *****, not a fan of the sport.

Comment

• ATG, first ballot HOF'er and was always an outstanding ambassador for the sport. Enjoy retirement champ!

Thanks for the memories!

Comment

• Crazy. I had just finished a tattoo of Klitschko today. Come home and read this

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Ballot for the HOF in 5 years time will be stacked.

Klitschko
          Cotto
          Mayweather

Likely. Pacquiao and JMM too.

Of course if both Mayweather and Pacquiao are there the others won't make it to the HOF.
          The HOF is just such a joke like the baseball HOF no way Johnny Tapia should be in there and I could name a few others but I could name a few others that should be...

Comment

• Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
            Name 1 hall of famer Wlad beat...

I'll wait...
            Name one HOF boxer who Wlad ducked from.
            I will wait...

Comment

• Thank god. He didn't need the money or another knockout lose. No point in beating on a dead horse. Now Joshua can move on to his IBF mandatory, something wilder knows nothing about

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I'm just thinking Wladimir Klitschko never realized his dream of capturing the only belt that truly mattered to him ( The WBC ) -- the belt of greats, that his own brother once held...I got say, he must feel that indeed he did not accomplish everything he set out for in this sport and this is going haunt him for the rest of his days

...fortunately I believe its evident that Joshuas power is overrated because he did not have enough strength to badly injure a past prime old man or knock him out unconscious ; not even a blacken-eye or a significant wound from this battle?! so can you imagine what a prime 38-0 Deontay Wilder done to this man? I hate to think of it.
                Nice GIF you put up there. It was very interesting to see that not a single Joshua punch landed clean in that last flurry before the fight was stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digital Mouth View Post
                  Nice GIF you put up there. It was very interesting to see that not a single Joshua punch landed clean in that last flurry before the fight was stopped.
                  Yeah, this makes you think how would AJ look after he emptied the tank with that. AJ is still green. This fight taught him a lot.

Comment

• Good.

He had a good career and went out fighting a young lion. All things considered he can hold his head high. Wasn't a fan of his style but I can respect his professionalism and am happy to see him leave with his health and life in check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                      I think it's unfair to say he had no heart, but he had poor stamina, and very bad pacing especially early in his career....and we know what Lombardi said about fatigue.
                      He had no heart. Never stood toe to toe, never had the crowd screaming. He had no dog in him either (complete opposite his of Vitali) Wlad can't fight going backwards. Wlad can't take pressure fighters at all. Wlads not the type of fighter to be hurt, cut badly, and exhausted and still go forward looking to destroy his opponent (unlike Vitali).

Comment

Working...
                      X