Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Retires From Boxing, Joshua Rematch Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad he's walking away, would have loved a couple of farewell fights vs lesser guys than Joshua as he still had plenty left. Dude had it all, but was the total professional and always in shape. He should try Hollywood.

Comment

• Whatever problems I have with Wlad's fights, the man went out like a mother****ing warrior and gave us the best HW title fight in a long time. He'll go down as one of the great heavyweights ever.

He ruled for a long time.

Comment

• Not a fan of his style and most of his fights were boring, but that's a testament of how dominate he was. Untouchable at one point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a fight that he won by KO without even throwing a right hand? I thought he was just working off his jab the whole time and he lets loose with a few left hooks and scored a KO in the 2nd round.

Comment

• Not a bad way to retire. That was a hell of a fight

Comment

• Originally posted by IEsickboy View Post
            So who the **** should he have fought instead? Give me some names. And calling a world champ who dominated his division for a decade a coward makes you sound like a *****, not a fan of the sport.
            Wlad avoided Fury for two years. Lennox wanted to fight Wlad before the Vitali fight. But again the rest of the heavies were average. But Wlad bailed out on the Joshua rematch.

Comment

• Farewell, champ.

Comment

• "Thrilling fight" ...delete the two rounds where there were KDs, and it was actually pretty dull.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
                  and an extremely boring one at that! All the best to him though, massive respect, was a great champ but the division suffered for a decade due to his dominant but extremely boring reign. Cant help but look forward to the next generation, hope we get the fights we need over the next year or so and hope we see Fury coming back soon to add to the mix

Farewell Dr Steelhammer!
                  Strangely enough all of his losses(except for Fury) were exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    No it wasn't.

The fight was pretty even till round 6, then it was Wlad who controlled it, until round 10 when AJ recovered and got his second wind.

Comment

• I won't go there like some classless clowns do, even in people's obituaries.

The guy made some headlines, had some good wins, had a long career, made more than 95%+ of all boxers, easily. So you can call it a successful career... which is the goal of all boxers.

Enough said.

Comment

Working...
                      X