Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Retires From Boxing, Joshua Rematch Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we get Joshua/Wilder now?

Comment

• It's good for him to retire at this stage. That was almost the perfect fight to retire on. He didn't win but put in one of the best performance I've ever seen in. I was never a fan of Klitschko but I was impressed by his performance against Joshua.

Comment

• Damn.

Good luck in your retirement, champ.

Comment

• Lol @ the article that says Klitschko felt no motivation to continue fighting. Lol, before the Joshua fight Klitschko was obsessed now right after the fight he has no motivation.

Yeah, I know why you don't have any motivation anymore Klitschko. Lol

It's all good though, I don't blame him. Especially at his age. He doesn't want to go through that again. Lol

With that being said he fought a great fight last fight, brave fight. One of his best performances in a long, long time since his early days in 2001, 2002.

The Klitschko era from 2004 onward was boring, the Heavyweight division pretty much disappeared and was void of competition, talent and depth. But it happens. It happened during Larry Holmes reign. I myself do not ever remember the division being as bad though as the Klitschko era.

But cong**** to Klitschko on a long career. He's retiring at the right time. Good luck to Klitschko and the Klitschko family in all of their future endeavors.

Comment

• Great career. Good luck champ.

Comment

• im shocked. wow. end of an era. Hats of to the champ. he proved the doubters wrong, and is now leaving the sport with health and wealth intact

Comment

• Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
                and an extremely boring one at that! All the best to him though, massive respect, was a great champ but the division suffered for a decade due to his dominant but extremely boring reign. Cant help but look forward to the next generation, hope we get the fights we need over the next year or so and hope we see Fury coming back soon to add to the mix

Farewell Dr Steelhammer!

Lol, I second that emotion.

I wish the Klitschko family all the best, but man....whew....I'm glad that's over. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Time View Post
                  Lol, I second that emotion.

I wish the Klitschko family all the best, but man....whew....I'm glad that's over. Lol
                  now you can watch substandard, obese men such as Ruiz and Miller avoid each other lol

Comment

• I'm curious to see how Wladimir is remembered historically. He was arguably the most dominant heavyweight champion of all time. But he dominated arguably the weakest era of heavyweight boxing ever. And he didn't even come through that unbeaten. KO loses in his prime to the likes of Ross Purrity, Corrie Saunders, and Lamon Brewster are really bad loses. To his credit, he did take on a style change in the middle of his career under the tutelage of Manny Steward. And that propelled him into becoming possibly the most dominant heavyweight champion ever. But to me it wasn't enough to view him as an ATG. Also he has going against him that during his dominant reign, he almost seemed to be working in tandem with his brother. Fair or not. I always kinda viewed them as the tag team champions of the world. Wladimir was the more skilled one. And big brother Vitaly was the rugged one. And if little brother was unsure of a guy. Big brother would handle him first.

At the end of the day, Wladimir was what he was. He was extremely dominant, albeit against weak competition. I don't think you can hold it against a guy for existing in a era when the competition is poor. He can only fight the guys that are there. And unlike non-heavyweights, he can't fight guys from other divisions. And due to his size, none of the top light heavyweights of his time could realistically challenge him. He did have David Haye come up and give it a go. But it was no way that guys like Roy Jones, Hopkins, or even Tarver could make bigger fights with him. Personally I won't remember Wlad favorably. But I salute him for a good career. And I hope he's gone for good. Because the division is much more exciting without him. And since he was beaten by Fury KO'd by Joshua, his presence won't be felt lingering over the top of the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
                      Wlad fought mostly all weak bums in a fake padded career of stiffs.
                      For over 10 years fighting best of who would dare to fight him? What a low troll you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X