Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Explains Why Canelo Will Beat Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    I meant he gave his belt to golovking so when he did fight golovkin he would be able to negotiate a fatter peice of the pie... lol y'all just can't ever stop! The fight is here come September all you ggg fans just give canelo credits if/when he wins and I'll do the same if/when ggg wins deal? No excuses! Canelo will win and will make it look easy from the 4th round and on... if ggg gets foolish and tries to get the ko late, he may get stopped. You heard it here give me my props when this happens. Lil over a month away... can't wait
    I've already said I would give Canelo massive credit (more than you in fact) if he beats Golovkin.

Again I'm glad the fight is here. I'm not however buying Canelo dropped the belt so he could make more money down the road against Golovkin one day. He was in a weaker bargaining position w/Golovkin than he was a year ago. It would be more believable IMO to say that the fight was delayed to be built up bigger and thus more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      Nope! You know very well that I hype or theorize for what's best for the fighters and boxing. As posters at forums it seems only natural to be more "pro- matchmaking" critics. That's what NSB is good for. I don't go into dramas like fanboys that eat a thrill about cheap theories within biased industry.

here I got a funnier story for you, "Shirley" you know this one, K2 for 5 years promotes Expo 2017 and when the moment of truth opportunity STRIKES to fight for undisputed and bring great tour revenues for Astana, GGG and K2 instead fight a non title holder, because again, being undisputed at Astana didn't make sense...
      You ever heard of Occam's razor?

The principle: If there is a simple explanation for something, why bother looking for a more complicated one?

Expo 2017 is happening in Kazakhstan, and Golovkin is from Kazakhstan, so the organisers sponsored him to display their logo during his fights, because a lot of people from Kazakhstan and the surrounding area would be watching his fights. Simple innit!

Why they decided to take Canelo's offer and fight him instead of BJS, only Loeffler and GGG know. I guess money .. a large amount of it .. was one factor in that.
      Last edited by kafkod; 08-01-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
        In the Jacobs fight Golovkin was more one punch than any other fight I've seen him in. I think there was a couple of reasons; you open up and throw multiple punches and you leave yourself open to power shots. I think Canelo is going to find this out. Golovkin was legit concerned about Jacobs power, and rightfully so. That was the least amount of work I've seen Golovkin do to the body in a fight. Also Jacobs wasn't a stationary target, he was moving so throwing combo obviously a bit more difficult. Coupled with the fact that Golovkin was effectively popping Jacobs with the jab he probably felt less need to fire multiple shots.

If I had a guess on how Golovkin would approach this fight it would be to start with the Lemieux plan. Try and establish the jab and show he is as good or better than Canelo in the middle of the ring. Depending on the level of respect Canelo's power presents, Golovkin will slightly adjust. I personally think once Golovkin taste Canelo's power he'll know he has less power than Jacobs or Lemieux. He won't get as reckless as he did against Brook coming forward but he will be closer to that level of disregard for Canelo's power than he did with Jacob's power.
        Canelo been pro since he was fifteen, what can and old slow ggg show him that he hasn't seen yet? "Canelo is going to find this out...." lol ok
        Last edited by Robi13; 08-01-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I've already said I would give Canelo massive credit (more than you in fact) if he beats Golovkin.

Again I'm glad the fight is here. I'm not however buying Canelo dropped the belt so he could make more money down the road against Golovkin one day. He was in a weaker bargaining position w/Golovkin than he was a year ago. It would be more believable IMO to say that the fight was delayed to be built up bigger and thus more money.
          How so? If canelo is the a side and younger?

Comment

Canelo been pro since he was fifteen, what can and old slow ggg show him that he hasn't seen yet? "Canelo is going to find this out...." lol ok
            Golovkin possibly being old and slow is the only chance Canelo has of winning this fight.

That's the real reason why Oscar and Eddy Reynoso didn't want Plod to fight him 18 months ago.

Comment

Provide me the list of:
              Boxers that Canelo has fought as a Pro who are true MW
              All the true Middleweights Canelo has faced
              All the boxers Canelo has faced who have the same power as GGG
              Fighters who have been naturally bigger or equal to Canelo in weight and height

Again you diminish Golovkin so much that beating him really isn't much of an accomplishment. This reminds me of the fans who start chanting "overrated" when their team just beat the number one team. The players on the team who just pulled off the great win look up to the stands and say what's wrong with you. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Golovkin possibly being old and slow is the only chance Canelo has of winning this fight.

That's the real reason why Oscar and Eddy Reynoso didn't want Plod to fight him 18 months ago.
                Canelo would of whooped ggg then too! Canelo is just simply the better boxer.... period

Comment

Provide me the list of:
                  Boxers that Canelo has fought as a Pro who are true MW
                  All the true Middleweights Canelo has faced
                  All the boxers Canelo has faced who have the same power as GGG
                  Fighters who have been naturally bigger or equal to Canelo in weight and height

Again you diminish Golovkin so much that beating him really isn't much of an accomplishment. This reminds me of the fans who start chanting "overrated" when their team just beat the number one team. The players on the team who just pulled off the great win look up to the stands and say what's wrong with you. LOL!
                  I honestly don't see what's so special about beating a bunch of cans... ggg resume is WEAK nothing special. I don't think he is as good as you, and everyone else who thinks he is good, is.. and neither does f*uckoff or kafod else he would put his acct on the line but guess what... He won't.
                  Last edited by Robi13; 08-01-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Again I'm glad the fight is here. I'm not however buying Canelo dropped the belt so he could make more money down the road against Golovkin one day. He was in a weaker bargaining position w/Golovkin than he was a year ago. It would be more believable IMO to say that the fight was delayed to be built up bigger and thus more money.

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    How so? If canelo is the a side and younger?
                    Canelo has always been the A side. You can be A side and get 55% or 85%, they are both A sides. If by younger you mean he could just wait it out and Golovkin would come begging that's risky. First Golovkin could lose or he could move up. I think he was frankly getting tired of the games and if the fight wouldn't have happened this year he'd have moved up.

I'm fairly sure Golovkin is getting a better deal than he would have last year. Golovkin profile has increased and Canelo has taken a lot of flack in the PR department. It has not been well received among many of his fans and countrymen when he dropped the belt.

Again making the case that Canelo is getting a better percentage now against Golovkin doesn't add up. Arguing the fight is bigger and thus they'll all make more money even if he has to give more to Golovkin, that makes more sense.

Comment

I have no idea how this has anything to do with what I wrote... nobody speakinng about Saunders bro
                      I'm saying they didn't want G to fight Saunders before Canelo because they were worried about the money. If Saunders beat Golovkin the fight with Canelo would not generate the same revenue or get canceled altogether. If he was daring to be great he would fight Saunders if he won. He's daring to be great, if the price is right. But it's all good the fight is going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X