Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Explains Why Canelo Will Beat Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    So how come Cotto paid GGG $850K so he could carry the WBC belt into negotiations with Canelo?

And how come Canelo kept hold of that same belt for as long as he could after beating Cotto and only gave it up when the WBC called time on his shenanagins?

It was hanging on to the WBC belt, without defending it against Golovkin, that brought all the shit down on Canelo's head .. including being called coward by many of his own Mexican fan base. If he'd said "I'm not a MW" and relinquished the belt as soon as he won it, none of that would have happened.

But Canelo wanted that WBC title belt ... you would have to be very naive indeed to think otherwise.
    He gave it away to be able to make more money without the belt... se how easy that was?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      Once you reach superstar level, belts lose meaning

You sure about that?

Comment

You sure about that?
        Yes I am..

Comment

He gave it away to be able to make more money without the belt... se how easy that was?
          No he didn't!

He gave it away because the WBC ordered him to either defend their title against Golovkin or relinquish it.

Where is the evidence that Canelo is getting a better cut of the purse for fighting GGG as challenger than he would have got as champion?

Why would Golovkin accept to defend his titles as the champion for a smaller cut than you guys are saying he already turned down as a challenger?

Comment

• Originally posted by argentinabox22 View Post
            "you was wrong"? sorry english is not my first language, but I think that the past tense of the verb "to be" for the subject YOU is WERE and not WAS. I'll send some money so you take english classes, if canelo beats GGG.
            And by the way, I was quoting Broner in my first comment.
            Punk this isn't an English class! Nobody gives a **** about all that!
            I knew you was too scared to back up what you say.... I'm not surprised though... Your name says it all!

Comment

Yes I am..
              Lol, I know, you're not very big on stuff like evidence, are you?

Comment

No he didn't!

He gave it away because the WBC ordered him to either defend their title against Golovkin or relinquish it.

Where is the evidence that Canelo is getting a better cut of the purse for fighting GGG as challenger than he would have got as champion?

Why would Golovkin accept to defend his titles as the champion for a smaller cut than you guys are saying he already turned down as a challenger?
                As mandatory, if terms weren't agreed upon they wouldve went to a pursebid with 55-45 split In favor of champ. Ggg would be lucky to see 30 percent now

Comment

Yes I am..
                  Talking about Floyd ... "He the GOAT! Floyd won 15 world title belts man .. 15 world title belts!

Talking about Golovkin .... "Title belts don't mean shieet"

Comment

As mandatory, if terms weren't agreed upon they wouldve went to a pursebid with 55-45 split In favor of champ. Ggg would be lucky to see 30 percent now
                    He would have got 30% as mando.

If you have any evidence saying otherwise, apart from an article by that useless lump Fat Dan, please post it here. I'm genuinely curious about that. I'm talking about something from the WBC themselves, not just something from people talking about what Fat Dan wrote,

But leaving the mando split aside ... whatever GGG has accepted from Canelo now, as champion, I'm damn sure he would accepted the same as challenger if he had been offered it.

He wanted the fight with Canelo last year, and he knew damn well that, whatever he was entitled to as mando .. he wasn't going to get 45% from Canelo, and holding out for it would only kill the fight.
                    Last edited by kafkod; 08-01-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Spence also thought AB/Garcia would be a "pick 'em" fight. I knew Garcia would handle the job, no problem.

Fighters are good at fighting, not predicting fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X