Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Explains Why Canelo Will Beat Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    They didn't want Golovkin to fight Saunders. That has nothing to do with daring to be great. It has everything to do with jepardising a lucrative pay day.
    I have no idea how this has anything to do with what I wrote... nobody speakinng about Saunders bro

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
      Do you actually watch for yourself or do you let people tell you what to think? Why are you so worried about what others say? When you say stuff like that you sound like you aren't very confident in your own eyes and knowledge base.

My eyes tell me Golovkin is a heck of a fighter and you are going to have to be a hell of a good fighter to beat him. He has a great chin, a hard jab and great power. The guy has demonstrated he is a top notch fighter. The question is how good is he, will learn a lot more in the Canelo fight.
      HE is also very slow bro. Add that to his attributes. Canelo speed will have ggg 2,3,4 steps behind all night in this fight once canelo adapts in the first or second quarter of the fight then it's cruise control from there... unless ggg goes for the ko which he may and if he does, he may end up ko'd

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        But Oscar said it wasn't happening until September 2017? What would negotiations then change? I don't get it...
        Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        That's right but they were trying to come to a verbal agreement first for the 10 mil then the 15 mil. Wether they agreed back then or not it was still gonna happen sept 2017 because canelo needed at least one fight at or above 160. Which he did. Ggg has never fought outside of 160 so canelo making the fight at 160 says a lot about him since he didn't have to do that being a side and being younger... the man wanted the fight and wants to be great
        Canelo had outgrown 154 and he knew he couldn't afford to let Golovkin unify the division against BJS - which was about to get signed - because if GGG got all 4 belts at 160 that would leave Canelo with nowhere to go in the MW division except through GGG, and give Golovkin more leverage in negotiations with him.

I truly believe that if BJS hadn't agreed to fight Golovkin in Kazakhstan this June, GGG vs Canelo would not be happening this Sept.

If I was Loeffler, I would have had GGG fight BJS for all the belts, as originally planned, instead of caving in to Oscar's bullshit and swerving Bill to fight Canelo instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Canelo had outgrown 154 and he knew he couldn't afford to let Golovkin unify the division against BJS - which was about to get signed - because if GGG got all 4 belts at 160 that would leave Canelo with nowhere to go in the MW division except through GGG, and give Golovkin more leverage in negotiations with him.

I truly believe that if BJS hadn't agreed to fight Golovkin in Kazakhstan this June, GGG vs Canelo would not be happening this Sept.

If I was Loeffler, I would have had GGG fight BJS for all the belts, as originally planned, instead of caving in to Oscar's bullshit and swerving Bill to fight Canelo instead.
          Once you reach superstar level, belts lose meaning priority. It's all about the money ask mister " I'm no businessman, just give me my belt!" You just prove my point. And you and most of ggg fans fail to realize that ggg uses that excuse that he wants all the belts to stay where he is comfortable at 160. Which is fine but he acts and says something then does the opposite by not fighting Saunders and going after the "business" fight with canelo. Well he chose the wrong business this time and won't ever unify the division now lol, also if canelo "outgrew" 154, he can still fight at whatever weight he wants because he is the cash cow! He brings money and anyone that fights him, including ggg will make their best payday..
          Last edited by Robi13; 08-01-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Some of these ****s said the same thing a few times now. On the Golden Boy pay roll...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
              HE is also very slow bro. Add that to his attributes. Canelo speed will have ggg 2,3,4 steps behind all night in this fight once canelo adapts in the first or second quarter of the fight then it's cruise control from there... unless ggg goes for the ko which he may and if he does, he may end up ko'd
              I just don't see it. Canelo does have faster hands, that said faster hands aren't everything. Even in fights where there is a much more noticeable difference speed can be neutralized by timing. Perfect example is Mayweather-Castillo I. Castillo was clearly slower than Mayweather but he was able to minimize the speed advantage by timing and having a solid jab. The gap in speed between Canelo and Golovkin is no where near what it was in FM-JLC.

Golovkin has timing and a better jab than Canelo. Canelo is faster above the shoulders and throws more combos. As for footwork I don't even think it is close, Golovkin is much better with his feet. That's why even if you think he is SLOW no one can avoid the pressure he applies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Once you reach superstar level, belts lose meaning priority. It's all about the money ask mister " I'm no businessman, just give me my belt!" You just prove my point. And you and most of ggg fans fail to realize that ggg uses that excuse that he wants all the belts to stay where he is comfortable at 160. Which is fine but he acts and says something then does the opposite by not fighting Saunders and going after the "business" fight with canelo. Well he chose the wrong business this time and won't ever unify the division now lol, also if canelo "outgrew" 154, he can still fight at whatever weight he wants because he is the cash cow! He brings money and anyone that fights him, including ggg will make their best payday..
                These aren't mutually exclusive. Golovkin didn't use any excuses as I see it. He wanted his belts and he wanted the money. The belts and the money for him where in the same division.

Unlike a lot of fans (even people in Mexico) I didn't rail on Canelo when he didn't fight Golovkin last year. Of course this fight should have happened last year but it didn't. I said I would only blast Canelo and DLH if this September came and they didn't make the fight. Fights here so I'm ready to enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  But Oscar said it wasn't happening until September 2017? What would negotiations then change? I don't get it...
                  Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                  So how come Cotto paid GGG $850K so he could carry the WBC belt into negotiations with Canelo?

And how come Canelo kept hold of that same belt for as long as he could after beating Cotto and only gave it up when the WBC called time on his shenanagins?

It was hanging on to the WBC belt, without defending it against Golovkin, that brought all the shit down on Canelo's head .. including being called coward by many of his own Mexican fan base. If he'd said "I'm not a MW" and relinquished the belt as soon as he won it, none of that would have happened.

But Canelo wanted that WBC title belt ... you would have to be very naive indeed to think otherwise.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 08-01-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                    I just don't see it. Canelo does have faster hands, that said faster hands aren't everything. Even in fights where there is a much more noticeable difference speed can be neutralized by timing. Perfect example is Mayweather-Castillo I. Castillo was clearly slower than Mayweather but he was able to minimize the speed advantage by timing and having a solid jab. The gap in speed between Canelo and Golovkin is no where near what it was in FM-JLC.

Golovkin has timing and a better jab than Canelo. Canelo is faster above the shoulders and throws more combos. As for footwork I don't even think it is close, Golovkin is much better with his feet. That's why even if you think he is SLOW no one can avoid the pressure he applies.
                    Canelo is faster and can box though. Make adjustments, counter, has great timing as well, has a great jab. Ggg attributes that you listed, look great against his weak opposition. He didn't look good against Jacobs and Jacobs imo isn't even good either

Comment

• The fight should have happened after the Cotto fight. I would have given Canelo credit then. Too much diva **** since then.

Comment

Working...
                      X