Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dontae confronts Mikey about donkey kong instagram post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was garcias response? I hate listening to that guy speak, soundsl ike he has a ferret in his mouth.

Comment

Credit to Dontae for asking him about it. Hopefully Broner can win tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
        I notice you omitted all the black fighters who said racist **** like Floyd and Hoplins.
        We're talking about now man, now! Besides, Floyd was wrong and crucified in the press for having said what he said and have since repented and apologized to Manny Pacquiao and his people for the racial epithets aimed at him and his race. In addition, can we stick to the present please? You are bringing up old incidents that occurred nearly ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
          Why are you acting like calling black people monkeys isn't racist af?
          I know.. same as when people call caucasians a polar bear.
          It's not being sensitive or politically correct, it's damn racism and i am outraged!

Comment

Didn't like Garcia's reaction, seemed like his intention was definitely to hit the race card to get back at Broner for the Mickey mouse comments. I wonder how he would feel if Broner posted a picture of Mikey's sweaty back with a caption "still wet". I'm guessing that wouldn't be racist because he's addressing Mickey only and he's not saying his race (whatever race is supposed to mean anyways) is inferior to others.

I usually try to stay away from race topics, and I'm not even black, but people need to understand it's not ok to reference these things, with a historically racist context & connotation, and continue on with their lives as if they did nothing wrong.

I'm not endorsing Broner hit back with a racist remark however, I was only hoping to bring somewhat of a parallel for those who might not fully understand why what Mickey did was wrong. If Broner were to post what I used as an example, I would say that's wrong too and would not defend him.

Comment

I thought blacks were supposed to be a strong people who overcame forced slavery, years of institutionalized racism and oppression but now youre telling me that they are hurt and offended by a cartoon of micky mouse and donky kong?

Which is it, are you a strong people or are you shook to your core by cartoons?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                Didn't like Garcia's reaction, seemed like his intention was definitely to hit the race card to get back at Broner for the Mickey mouse comments. I wonder how he would feel if Broner posted a picture of Mikey's sweaty back with a caption "still wet". I'm guessing that wouldn't be racist because he's addressing Mickey only and he's not saying his race (whatever race is supposed to mean anyways) is inferior to others.

I usually try to stay away from race topics, and I'm not even black, but people need to understand it's not ok to reference these things, with a historically racist context & connotation, and continue on with their lives as if they did nothing wrong.

I'm not endorsing Broner hit back with a racist remark however, I was only hoping to bring somewhat of a parallel for those who might not fully understand why what Mickey did was wrong. If Broner were to post what I used as an example, I would say that's wrong too and would not defend him.
                You're an idiot . You're saying a picture of Broner as donkey Kong ( And Mikey as Mighty Mouse) would be the same as Broner posting a pic of Mikey where it hints at him being a Wet Back ( a word that's the equivalent of calling a black guy the N-word) ? No . I think the equivalent of the pic u suggest Broner post is Mikey posting one of a cotton field with Broner sweating with the caption " Still Picking " . What do u think ?

Comment

The insecurities are real. I want Mikey to whoop some ass so badly tonight.

Comment

I am black and think donate is bias as ****, I wasn't offended, i couldn't give a **** what anybody says racist or not, if your racist that's your own issue and hatred you have to deal with, if anything i feel sorry for people that have to walk around consumed with hate. However i can see how some people would find it offensive and i don't believe Mikey honestly didn't think people would take offense to it either. Broner do look like donkey kong tho, **** was funny. People need to learn to not take them selves seriously, I would have laughed and joked about it weather the intent was racist or not, joke it out and don't give them any power.

Comment

Do a search on Youtube for this 'Adrien Broner's Homie: ''He beat the **** out of that *******'

The video will be the first result if you just type this 'Adrien Broner's Homie: ''He beat the'

Comment

Working...
                      X