Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: Jacobs Exploited Golovkin's Flaws, Better Than Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boxing HOFame is FULL of many , many GREAT fighters with loses. Even someone like Floyd had some VERY close fights with Oscar and Jose. Heck even Maidana gave him a run for his money.

No one thought Tyson was going to lose to Douglas.

Rahman/Lewis

Tarver/ RJJ

Spink/Ali

Brewster/Klitz

Sanders/Klitz

Mayorga/ Forest

200lb CHRIS BYRD beating Klitz!!!

Comment

I think Canelo will have a different kind of success than Jacobs but he won't get the same respect from Golovkin. That could work in his favor because that would mean Golovkin would be there to be countered. However, once Golovkin gets in seek and destroy mode it's hard to see Canelo changing the trajectory of the fight. I don't think his power is enough to deter Golovkin if he starts to apply pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        I think Canelo will have a different kind of success than Jacobs but he won't get the same respect from Golovkin. That could work in his favor because that would mean Golovkin would be there to be countered. However, once Golovkin gets in seek and destroy mode it's hard to see Canelo changing the trajectory of the fight. I don't think his power is enough to deter Golovkin if he starts to apply pressure.
        GGG is going to have a tough time finding Canelo especially after he eats a few hard shots face first. Canelo is putting in HARD WORK. He's abstaining from ass and is in like a 16 week camp. He's a professional and so is his team so I don't expect him to be over trained. Plus Canelo is a very focused fighter who can make adjustments as a fight goes on.

I see GGG having the advantage first few rounds from his jab alone and with Canelo missing his overhand right counter, but that shot gets closer as the fight goes on.

Once Canelo starts to consistently land I think GGG tries to box his way in more than seek and destroy. It's such a good fight no matter how you imagine it going. Hard for me to see Canelo lose to a fighter who comes to him, but he'll always struggle with moving, elusive boxers

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          yeah must be, genuinely never commented on it, didnt watch the fight.yeah fair enough, just my opinion, fair play to them both for getting in the ring,if canelo wins then full credit to him.
          100% agree!!!

Not bad fighting Jacobs and then Canelo back-to-back.

GREAT year in boxing so far. And we still have Broner/Garcia
          ggg/Canelo
          Crawford/ indongo for ALL the major belts

Hopefully Joshua/Klitz

Comment

Canelo will do better than jacobs because he'll actually fight and shake golovkin to his boots. Winning is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              GGG is going to have a tough time finding Canelo especially after he eats a few hard shots face first. Canelo is putting in HARD WORK. He's abstaining from ass and is in like a 16 week camp. He's a professional and so is his team so I don't expect him to be over trained. Plus Canelo is a very focused fighter who can make adjustments as a fight goes on.

I see GGG having the advantage first few rounds from his jab alone and with Canelo missing his overhand right counter, but that shot gets closer as the fight goes on.

Once Canelo starts to consistently land I think GGG tries to box his way in more than seek and destroy. It's such a good fight no matter how you imagine it going. Hard for me to see Canelo lose to a fighter who comes to him, but he'll always struggle with moving, elusive boxers
              Canelo is looking freaking AWESOME in training!!!! I haven't had a chance to see how GGG is looking??? Both have GREAT under rated jabs.That and body shots will be the keys to success.

Yeah I agree Canelo suks at 4-5 steps but has a GREAT 1-2 step. He won't need to try and hunt down or cut off the ring against GGG. So you can throw that weakness out the window...
              Last edited by Shadoww702; 07-23-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

i am impressed with alvareds development. if he can take lil g'z punch then he has a shot to win. he did not do well in sparring with headgear and there's none for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  I never trust the triangle effecs. That's like us comparing who did better against Trout.
                  Probably Jermall despite the knockdown Canelo had

Comment

I know Charlo wants that #1 spot, but I think the winner of GGG vs. Canelo, will fight the winner of Saunders vs. Monroe Jr. My hope is that, in the interim, we get to see Jacobs vs. Charlo at the Barclay's! PBC, make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      100% agree!!!

Not bad fighting Jacobs and then Canelo back-to-back.

GREAT year in boxing so far. And we still have Broner/Garcia
                      ggg/Canelo
                      Crawford/ indongo for ALL the major belts

Hopefully Joshua/Klitz
                      Loma/Rigo
                      Spence or Porter/ Garcia
                      Wilder/Ortiz
                      Charlo/Lubin
                      Hurd/Trout

Comment

Working...
                      X