Luis Ortiz "Deontay Wilder Is Using My Name As Leverage For Another Fight"

Collapse
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NahMean
    Undisputed Champion
    Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
    • Feb 2017
    • 2870
    • 153
    • 0
    • 82,973

    #1

    Luis Ortiz "Deontay Wilder Is Using My Name As Leverage For Another Fight"

    Recent rumors of a fall showdown versus unbeaten heavyweight titlist Deontay Wilder. Highly respected boxing journalist Keith Idec recently reported on BoxingScene.com the news of a potential clash between the two, with sources indicating that all signs were pointing to a November 4 showdown at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

    Ortiz says: "It was news to Ortiz' ears—at least until talking to his own team and learning that, for now, it's just more of the same talk."

    "Opponents using Luis' name as leverage for another fight is nothing new," notes Herman Caicedo, Ortiz' head trainer. "Look, we commend Deontay—or at least whoever is speaking on his behalf—for appearing to be serious about fighting Luis. I know that he's not very big on fighting (Bermane) Stiverne again, likely because no TV network wants the fight.

    "But until his team can figure out a way for his next fight to not be his mandatory challenge, we're just going to continue with business as usual. We get our hopes up way too often, and then find out (Ortiz) is just being used as leverage without any real interest from those mentioning his name."

    "If they told me the fight was tomorrow, I'm on a plane today to fly wherever the fight is taking place," insists the 38-year old southpaw from Miami by way of Cuba, whom hasn't fought since 7th round stoppage of David Allen last December. "But for my business, everything runs through the team I trust, beginning with my manager Jay Jimenez who I talk to constantly. We're not seeing anything (so far) where he can step around Bermane Stiverne to fight me or anyone else.

    "I get where Stiverne is coming from because I'm going through the same crap with (unbeaten, unified titlist) Anthony Joshua. I've been his mandatory challenger (through the WBA) forever, but the WBA doesn't want to act until Wladimir Klitschko (whom Joshua stopped in 11 rounds this past April) decides what he wants to do with the rest of his career. That's the fight I've been waiting for—that or the WBA title that Joshua is holding ransom through all of this."

    "We've wasted a lot of training camps believing a big fight was going to happen, only to find out it's either a much smaller fight or none at all," laments Ortiz. "I'm in the gym, regardless. I'm always in shape and ready to go.
  • Deus
    Undisputed Champion
    Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
    • May 2017
    • 1329
    • 56
    • 29
    • 18,075

    #2
    So Ortiz v Wilder ain't going to happen then?

    Beyond that...

    "I get where Stiverne is coming from because I'm going through the same crap with (unbeaten, unified titlist) Anthony Joshua. I've been his mandatory challenger (through the WBA) forever, but the WBA doesn't want to act until Wladimir Klitschko (whom Joshua stopped in 11 rounds this past April) decides what he wants to do with the rest of his career. That's the fight I've been waiting for—that or the WBA title that Joshua is holding ransom through all of this."
    Joshua is holding a title to ransom... that he's had for only 3 months. Looks like Ortiz is going to be having fits when he finally twigs that Pulev is up before him too considering the IBF called their mandatory before the WBA.

    Comment

    • BWC
      Undisputed Champion
      Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
      • May 2015
      • 2710
      • 51
      • 1
      • 19,165

      #3
      Originally posted by NahMean
      Recent rumors of a fall showdown versus unbeaten heavyweight titlist Deontay Wilder. Highly respected boxing journalist Keith Idec recently reported on BoxingScene.com the news of a potential clash between the two, with sources indicating that all signs were pointing to a November 4 showdown at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

      Ortiz says: "It was news to Ortiz' ears—at least until talking to his own team and learning that, for now, it's just more of the same talk."

      "Opponents using Luis' name as leverage for another fight is nothing new," notes Herman Caicedo, Ortiz' head trainer. "Look, we commend Deontay—or at least whoever is speaking on his behalf—for appearing to be serious about fighting Luis. I know that he's not very big on fighting (Bermane) Stiverne again, likely because no TV network wants the fight.

      "But until his team can figure out a way for his next fight to not be his mandatory challenge, we're just going to continue with business as usual. We get our hopes up way too often, and then find out (Ortiz) is just being used as leverage without any real interest from those mentioning his name."

      "If they told me the fight was tomorrow, I'm on a plane today to fly wherever the fight is taking place," insists the 38-year old southpaw from Miami by way of Cuba, whom hasn't fought since 7th round stoppage of David Allen last December. "But for my business, everything runs through the team I trust, beginning with my manager Jay Jimenez who I talk to constantly. We're not seeing anything (so far) where he can step around Bermane Stiverne to fight me or anyone else.

      "I get where Stiverne is coming from because I'm going through the same crap with (unbeaten, unified titlist) Anthony Joshua. I've been his mandatory challenger (through the WBA) forever, but the WBA doesn't want to act until Wladimir Klitschko (whom Joshua stopped in 11 rounds this past April) decides what he wants to do with the rest of his career. That's the fight I've been waiting for—that or the WBA title that Joshua is holding ransom through all of this."

      "We've wasted a lot of training camps believing a big fight was going to happen, only to find out it's either a much smaller fight or none at all," laments Ortiz. "I'm in the gym, regardless. I'm always in shape and ready to go.
      Ortiz still begging for a fight with AJ I see. Give it up man, if anything Ortiz is using Wilder's name to try to spook AJ into giving him a fight first.

      I honestly think Ortiz is the worst managed boxer in the sport today. It's simply abysmal..

      Comment

      • NahMean
        Undisputed Champion
        Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
        • Feb 2017
        • 2870
        • 153
        • 0
        • 82,973

        #4
        Originally posted by Deus
        So Ortiz v Wilder ain't going to happen then?

        Beyond that...


        Joshua is holding a title to ransom... that he's had for only 3 months. Looks like Ortiz is going to be having fits when he finally twigs that Pulev is up before him too considering the IBF called their mandatory before the WBA.
        To be honest I got really excited when I heard the fight was almost finaised.. But I should have known Wilder never lives up. Hi fanboys were going crazy saying “But he’s a bum doe.. but he’s a ducker” etc… They will get egg on their face now if the fight doesn’t happen. It’s not looking likely to happen.. More of a negation tactic by team Wilder to sweeten up a deal of fight someone else.

        Otiz deserves a title shot. AJ has to fight him after Vlad and Pulev. AJ blasts him out IMO but they guy deserves his shot at the title unlike Stiverne.
        Last edited by NahMean; 07-19-2017, 02:08 PM.

        Comment

        • BWC
          Undisputed Champion
          Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
          • May 2015
          • 2710
          • 51
          • 1
          • 19,165

          #5
          Originally posted by NahMean
          To be honest I got really excited when I heard the fight was almost finaised.. But I should have known Wilder never lives up. Hi fanboys were going crazy saying “But he’s a bum doe.. but he’s a ducker” etc… They will get egg on their face now if the fight doesn’t happen. It’s not looking likely to happen.. More of a negation tactic by team Wilder to sweeten up a deal of fight someone else.

          Otiz deserves a title shot. AJ has to fight him after Vlad and Pulev. AJ blasts him out IMO but they guy deserves his shot at the title unlike Stiverne.
          Why would Wilder's fanboys have egg on their face? LOL. He's not the one who put it out there, it was leaked to Idec by someone..

          Comment

          • Eff Pandas
            Banned
            Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
            • Apr 2012
            • 52129
            • 3,624
            • 2,147
            • 1,635,919

            #6
            Who the eff does Wilder wanna fight if not Bermane or Ortiz ffs?

            Comment

            • A.K
              Undisputed Champion
              Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
              • May 2014
              • 11052
              • 280
              • 79
              • 71,066

              #7
              Ortiz finally getting a opportunity to fight for the WBC and he's making excuses smh

              Comment

              • BWC
                Undisputed Champion
                Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
                • May 2015
                • 2710
                • 51
                • 1
                • 19,165

                #8
                Originally posted by A.K
                Ortiz finally getting a opportunity to fight for the WBC and he's making excuses smh
                This is what I mean by simply the worst managed fighter in the sport today. These buffoons actually think AJ plans on ever fighting him. LMAO. Yeah sure there Luis. The WBA is going to force the shining star of the division to fight your a$$ who brings absolutely nothing to the table who is managed by a promoter who bailed on you.

                Pitiful..

                Comment

                • NahMean
                  Undisputed Champion
                  Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
                  • Feb 2017
                  • 2870
                  • 153
                  • 0
                  • 82,973

                  #9
                  Originally posted by BWC
                  Why would Wilder's fanboys have egg on their face? LOL. He's not the one who put it out there, it was leaked to Idec by someone..
                  Things like this are leaked on purpose. Ortiz’s team is saying Wilder is talking about a fight with Ortiz even though they know they can’t fight Otiz.. It’s just a negotiation ploy. Everyone got excited.. people were betting and putting their BOXINGSCENE accounts on the line on who would win lol. Shame on me.. I also fell for it and got excited. But Wilder will yet again disappoint.

                  Comment

                  • Kigali
                    Banned
                    Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
                    • Jun 2016
                    • 17128
                    • 263
                    • 0
                    • 19,441

                    #10
                    Originally posted by NahMean
                    Recent rumors of a fall showdown versus unbeaten heavyweight titlist Deontay Wilder. Highly respected boxing journalist Keith Idec recently reported on BoxingScene.com the news of a potential clash between the two, with sources indicating that all signs were pointing to a November 4 showdown at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

                    Ortiz says: "It was news to Ortiz' ears—at least until talking to his own team and learning that, for now, it's just more of the same talk."

                    "Opponents using Luis' name as leverage for another fight is nothing new," notes Herman Caicedo, Ortiz' head trainer. "Look, we commend Deontay—or at least whoever is speaking on his behalf—for appearing to be serious about fighting Luis. I know that he's not very big on fighting (Bermane) Stiverne again, likely because no TV network wants the fight.

                    "But until his team can figure out a way for his next fight to not be his mandatory challenge, we're just going to continue with business as usual. We get our hopes up way too often, and then find out (Ortiz) is just being used as leverage without any real interest from those mentioning his name."

                    "If they told me the fight was tomorrow, I'm on a plane today to fly wherever the fight is taking place," insists the 38-year old southpaw from Miami by way of Cuba, whom hasn't fought since 7th round stoppage of David Allen last December. "But for my business, everything runs through the team I trust, beginning with my manager Jay Jimenez who I talk to constantly. We're not seeing anything (so far) where he can step around Bermane Stiverne to fight me or anyone else.

                    "I get where Stiverne is coming from because I'm going through the same crap with (unbeaten, unified titlist) Anthony Joshua. I've been his mandatory challenger (through the WBA) forever, but the WBA doesn't want to act until Wladimir Klitschko (whom Joshua stopped in 11 rounds this past April) decides what he wants to do with the rest of his career. That's the fight I've been waiting for—that or the WBA title that Joshua is holding ransom through all of this."

                    "We've wasted a lot of training camps believing a big fight was going to happen, only to find out it's either a much smaller fight or none at all," laments Ortiz. "I'm in the gym, regardless. I'm always in shape and ready to go.

                    Pops Ortiz doesn't have a name.

                    He's a nobody.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    TOP