Collapse
No announcement yet.

could abraham pull off an upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from being past prime, the other problem for Abraham is work rate. He fights in spurts and I think Jr's activity level will carry him to a win.

Comment

At this stage, i think Abraham is just too far over the hill to beat a young fast athletic fighter like Eubank. Eubank does make a lot of mistakes and seems to have awful balance at times so maybe an experienced guy like Abraham could make him pay for it but i don't see it.

Abraham is probably almost a solid gatekeeper at this point.

Comment

Can't see it. Abraham is shot. When was the last time he looked decent? I seriously think it was probably as far back as the first half of the fight against Ward and by God he's fought some sorrya55 competition since.
        That fight was a good 6-7 yrs ago and he's been on a steady decline ever since. In fact he looked awful for years before that since moving up to SMW about 10 yrs ago that and landing one meaningful punch vs Taylor was his last hurrah.

I don't see it. His workrate is non existent.
        He does nothing for 2 mins 50 of every round but shell up before exploding predictably in the last 10 seconds.

He'll get badly outworked and lose a wide decision. Fights in the U.K though so there is a very real chance he gets stopped especially if he isn't going to be throwing back.
        Last edited by dan_cov; 07-15-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Can't see it. Abraham is shot. When was the last time he looked decent? I seriously think it was probably as far back as the first half of the fight against Ward and by God he's fought some sorrya55 competition since.
          That fight was a good 6-7 yrs ago and he's been on a steady decline ever since. In fact he looked awful for years before that since moving up to SMW about 10 yrs ago that and landing one meaningful punch vs Taylor was his last hurrah.

He does nothing for 2 mins 50 of every round but shell up before exploding predictably in the last 10 seconds.

He'll get badly outworked and lose a wide decision. Fights in the U.K though so there is a very real chance he gets stopped especially if he isn't going to be throwing back.
          He looked ok against Steigletz, the two he won. Steigletz isn't the best though. That's the last time I thought he looked decent.

It's crazy to think he had a lot.of hype once. Hell, I thought there was literally 0% chance that Froch would beat him.

Comment

No. He is done at top level. He hasn't ko'ed a top fighter since the s6, so there's where little chance of him doing it now. A points win is even less of a possibility particularly on foreign soil.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              He looked ok against Steigletz, the two he won. Steigletz isn't the best though. That's the last time I thought he looked decent.

It's crazy to think he had a lot.of hype once. Hell, I thought there was literally 0% chance that Froch would beat him.

I didn't actually see those admittedly just the one he lost early on a cut if I recall correctly but yh Stieglitz isn't great.
              I remember people calling for him to retire after that.

I could be wrong but I think he may of even been favoured to win the Super Six, pretty funny in hindsight.

Comment

tbh can't believe i even paid for this fight. EJ is gonna make easy work of AA. point to the eaSy work BYTCHHHHHHH

Comment

I didn't actually see those admittedly just the one he lost early on a cut if I recall correctly but yh Stieglitz isn't great.
                  I remember people calling for him to retire after that.

I could be wrong but I think he may of even been favoured to win the Super Six, pretty funny in hindsight.
                  Kessler was favourite and he was the second favourite.

Ward and Froch (the finalists) were considered probably the least favourite

Comment

so just to clarify, youre not tipping abraham to win this?

Comment

If it was 3-4 years ago, yes. right now, no.

Comment

Working...
                      X