No announcement yet.

could abraham pull off an upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could abraham pull off an upset?

i havent seen abraham fight recently so how much does he have left? Is he a shot fighter or does he still have something in the tank? If so can he pull it off against eubank? I saw the odds are very lopsided for a eubank win.

If abraham isnt shot i think he could have a chance here, not convinced eubank is a world class fighter, especially at super middleweight, kid looks flashy and pulls off some great combos but hes lacking some real fundamentals, theres a reason you dont see many fighters like him at that world level.

Abrahams been found wanting at the top top level but he has some solid wins on his book and undoubtedly throughout his career has been a world level operator. Could he roll back the clock and shock a few people tonight?

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    i havent seen abraham fight recently so how much does he have left? Is he a shot fighter or does he still have something in the tank? If so can he pull it off against eubank? I saw the odds are very lopsided for a eubank win.

If abraham isnt shot i think he could have a chance here, not convinced eubank is a world class fighter, especially at super middleweight, kid looks flashy and pulls off some great combos but hes lacking some real fundamentals, theres a reason you dont see many fighters like him at that world level.

Abrahams been found wanting at the top top level but he has some solid wins on his book and undoubtedly throughout his career has been a world level operator. Could he roll back the clock and shock a few people tonight?
    I thought about this and it's definitely possible

But eubank should be too fast for him

Comment

abraham is shot, he went life & death with paul ****ing smith FFS

Comment

I've seen weirder things - but AA has been done at the higher levels for many years. But its hard to say if Eubank is in those higher levels. My guess is he is. I'm impressed with Eubank, just not his father's handling of his career to this point. To me, when the fight was made, it seemed like this would be the painful ending of a career for AA that ends in stoppage. The punch volume between these two is as opposite as their age, and as opposite as their speed. They say the last thing to go is power which is BS in my opinion. AA has no power left. I've seen many fighters lose their power because they cant pull the trigger. AA is a poster boy for not being able to pull the trigger anymore. Maybe there is a shocker in store, most likely not.
        Last edited by richardt; 07-15-2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post

Are you taking the "big" off your name because your boyfriend will be getting his ass beat soon?

Comment

It oucld certainly happen. AA might still have some power and Jr is wide open all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I've seen weirder things - but AA has been done at the higher levels for many years. But its hard to say if Eubank is in those higher levels. My guess is he is. I'm impressed with Eubank, just not his father's handling of his career to this point. To me, when the fight was made, it seemed like this would be the painful ending of a career for AA that ends in stoppage. The punch volume between these two is as opposite as their age, and as opposite as their speed. They say the last thing to go is power which is BS in my opinion. AA has no power left. I've seen many fighters lose their power because they cant pull the trigger. AA is a poster boy for not being able to pull the trigger anymore. Maybe there is a shocker in store, most likely not.
              yeah fair enough, ive genuinely not seen him fight for a while so didnt know what hes like these days. know he was tough as nails and could crack but if hes lost his power then i dont think he would be able to stop eubank coming forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                Are you taking the "big" off your name because your boyfriend will be getting his ass beat soon?
                nope, was time for a change thats all

Comment

Definitely possible & at +700 (about a 12% chance of it happening) I bet on it. If I'm straight picking this fight doe I'm picking Eubank Jr all day.

Comment

King Arthur is on the decline but he's not straight "shot". He's a couple steps behind where he used to be, but still solid. In fact, he's one of the most consistent fighters I can think of, even if he's not a massive talent.

Eubank on the other hand, makes a lot of questionable decisions during fights and if he fuks around, Abraham is experienced enough to capitalize on it. I still think this fight favors Eubank but I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if Abraham were to chisel away at him and take the W.

Comment

Working...
                    X