Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Koncz is Shocked That Roach Would Go To Media Over Pay Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    January 7, 2014:

In a recent interview, Manny Pacquiao's long-time Filipino lawyer, Franklin Gacal, raised a number of eyebrows after urging promoter Bob Arum to release the multi-division world champion from his contractual obligations. Responsible for reviewing all of Pacquiao's contracts, both in and out of the ring, Gacal has long-been considered one of the closest confidants of the fighting congressman from Sarangani, who named him his Chief of Staff after his election. To the surprise of many, Gacal revealed that he has never seen Pacquiao's current contract with Top Rank thanks to adviser Michael Koncz, who apparently kept it hidden from him.

"The current contract [between Top Rank and Pacquiao] was never shown to me. Mike hid it from me. He did not show the contract to me. He did not inform me. I told Mike, 'You know that it is for the best interest of Manny that no contract should be signed for the moment because apparently that is what Floyd [Mayweather] wants or his condition," explained Gacal, who is currently recovering from a stroke that left him paralyzed on the right side of his body. He also pointed the finger at Koncz for the current tax issues that Pacquiao is going through. "Well, it appears there is really a problem. The IRS is claiming there is a tax deficiency. If there were some mistakes, it was Mike's fault. Why did it happen? They were supposed to have hired accountants. At the end of the year, after the filing of the tax returns, all problems should have been solved. If the US still has claims, there should be problems with recording and everything. So this is the point man's fault and that is Mike"

Gacal also suggested that Koncz may not have Pacquiao's best interest at heart and is more concerned about maintaining good relations with Arum. "Mike looks up to Bob Arum when Pacquiao is done with boxing. When Pacquiao is done, who is he? So he has to maintain his good relations with Bob Arum," Gacal continued in an interview with Edwin Espejo of Rappler.com. He went on to explain why Pacquiao has kept Koncz around for so long. "Manny is a good man. If you show him loyalty and you really work for him, you will be rewarded. Steal from him 10 times and asked for forgiveness once, he will forgive you 11 times."

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15895.html
    I've been saying this for years. Pacquiao is always going to be loyal to Arum and doesn't see what we see because his manager works for The Bobfather and they keep all of the secrets and information from him. He doesn't see any of this.
    Last edited by JK1700; 07-13-2017, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Koncz is like "Freddie you better shut up before Bob makes ME the head trainer!"

Comment

Trouble in paradise for the longtime lovers Pac and Freddy. Maybe there's a third person involve, kind of like a "love triangle". I bet is Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I suspect that Koncz secretly works for Arum under the table. Can't trust him.
          koncz, freddie, all works for arum.

Comment

Freddy realizes Manny is a shot old fighter and it's over for Paq

Freddy ain't dumb. Manny is spent shot finished kaput as a boxer. Greed only is making Manny fight but there is little left in the tank for the little pinoy swinger. Take fat slob Blue boy in the corner giving orders and all the confusion around Manny and the lack of dedication to boxing prep for a nice fight. Horn is Chris Algieri an average white guy who beat Manny's butt. Freddy knows it's over. let slob butt kissing mooch Buboy coach and trasin Manny then.

Comment

Originally posted by Konzc
              “If Freddie had some concern, he should have brought it up with Manny and not in the media."
              I go to agree with the guy, it's true!

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
                Completely agree. But i also feel roach works for arum as well so it doesnt matter
                It would be heartbreaking if Roach is working for Arum too. Him and Pac are supposed to be boys.

Comment

It would be heartbreaking if Roach is working for Arum too. Him and Pac are supposed to be boys.
                  I highly, highly doubt it. I know there's an infinite number of snakes slithering out there among us, just as human beings in general -- and ESPECIALLY in the sport of boxing -- but I believe Freddie is genuine when he says that he looks at Manny like a son. Maybe I'm just naive but I don't think Freddie would do Manny like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                    It Is beyond unprofessional and a low life thing to do on Freddie's part. Pacquiao better leave all of these people behind or continue to suffer the consequences. There will be more losses on the scorecards to come, count on It.
                    Why are you blaming Roach? Roach trains Manny so he's working for Manny not Arum! No blame goes to guy who should be held responsible which is Manny! Manny has wait for Arum to clear the check not Roach. Its unprofessional for Manny to treat the guy who has been training you for over a decade like this! Manny can do no wrong in his worshipers eyes! WOW!

Comment

Why are you blaming Roach? Roach trains Manny so he's working for Manny not Arum! No blame goes to guy who should be held responsible which is Manny! Manny has wait for Arum to clear the check not Roach. Its unprofessional for Manny to treat the guy who has been training you for over a decade like this! Manny can do no wrong in his worshipers eyes! WOW!

Comment

Working...
                      X