Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux Admits He Passed on Saunders, Has Eyes Set on Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nycsmooth
    replied
    I doubt this fight happens Cotto is not going to fight at 160 and I don't know if Daniel will want to drop down to a catchweight... if it does happen I'd look for Daniel to stop Cotto especially if he comes out hard, early... Cotto is a wear--u down type, but he has not fought in a long time, plus age, I doubt he can do that with Lemieux...

Leave a comment:

• The Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Wjoe View Post
    Sorry, he's 28 years old.
    Yup, 28, about to be 29 in December.

Leave a comment:

• Wjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    Lemieux is youger than Alvarez? Did you say 26?
    Sorry, he's 28 years old.

Leave a comment:

• denium
    replied
    Originally posted by bluepete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by denium

I laugh at all the casuals on here claiming that Saunders is a bum. If he's in shape then he's a problem, he has excellent boxing skills, reasonable power and a solid chin. I'm not saying he would beat the likes of Golovkin & Canelo, but i know he'd have more than enough for average guys like Lemieux.

I think a lot of it is based on he's lack of discipline and a general dislike of him as a person. I can't lie, all that stuff with him ringing that guy who's misses he ****** really put me off of him. He is clearly skillful, has a solid chin, but I can't lie, I'm not sure how good he really is atm.
    I don't particularly like the man but we're talking about boxing. People let their blind hatred for fighters personalities cloud their judgement.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Leave a comment:

• Dbt
    replied
    I think GBP have told him not to fight for the WBO belt, because it interferes with their plans for Canelo. GBP hope to win the belts of GGG then Canelo is no1 mandatory for WBO belt.

No way would they put Canelo in there with Lemiuex. They're not idiots. Even if Canelo loses against Golovkin, they still have the WBO belt mandatory next so they can still call Canelo "Middleweight Champion". They've have dangled Cotto carrott in front of him as a way to disguise what the real plans are, and Lemiuex has fell for it.

Leave a comment:

• Lester Tutor
    replied
    Originally posted by Wjoe View Post
    People don't get the picture. No one knows if Cotto will fight Lemieux at whatever weight, but the past year's news has been pointing to that fight.

Lemieux's name has a much higher "star" value today than it ever has. He can be more choosy. His big KO of Curtis Stevens helped put his name in highlights. In dollar $$$$ terms, what does he get for fighting Saunders...almost no one outside of Britain and the core boxing world knows who BJS is. If you tried to sell a Lemieux vs Saunders fight in Las Vegas you'd go broke; even with the title on the line. Now, switch BJS in Vegas for Cotto...now we're talking PPV; and the value of that to Lemieux is that if he takes out Cotto his brand value goes through the roof; and everyone in Puerto Rico and Mexico will know his name. Lemieux is only 26...he's got plenty of title shots to look forward to.
    Lemieux is youger than Alvarez? Did you say 26?

Leave a comment:

• bluepete
    replied
    Originally posted by denium View Post
    I laugh at all the casuals on here claiming that Saunders is a bum. If he's in shape then he's a problem, he has excellent boxing skills, reasonable power and a solid chin. I'm not saying he would beat the likes of Golovkin & Canelo, but i know he'd have more than enough for average guys like Lemieux.
    I think a lot of it is based on he's lack of discipline and a general dislike of him as a person. I can't lie, all that stuff with him ringing that guy who's misses he ****** really put me off of him. He is clearly skillful, has a solid chin, but I can't lie, I'm not sure how good he really is atm.

Leave a comment:

• Wjoe
    replied
    People don't get the picture. No one knows if Cotto will fight Lemieux at whatever weight, but the past year's news has been pointing to that fight.

Lemieux's name has a much higher "star" value today than it ever has. He can be more choosy. His big KO of Curtis Stevens helped put his name in highlights. In dollar $$$$ terms, what does he get for fighting Saunders...almost no one outside of Britain and the core boxing world knows who BJS is. If you tried to sell a Lemieux vs Saunders fight in Las Vegas you'd go broke; even with the title on the line. Now, switch BJS in Vegas for Cotto...now we're talking PPV; and the value of that to Lemieux is that if he takes out Cotto his brand value goes through the roof; and everyone in Puerto Rico and Mexico will know his name. Lemieux is only 26...he's got plenty of title shots to look forward to.
    Last edited by Wjoe; 07-07-2017, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• batista84
    replied
    I don't think Cotto would agree to fight David @160, can't imagine what Lemieux was thinking passing a title shot but one thing intrigues me, Does this means that Lemiuex won't be on the Canelo vs GGG undercard?

Leave a comment:

• rudy
    replied
    Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    Being totally serious...I'd put money on Tim to outbox him.
    So would i

Leave a comment:

Working...
X