Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeff Horn Shocks Manny Pacquiao in Blood-Filled Upset!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    I had it 114-113 for Horn as well. I'm a big Pacquiao fan but he looked like **** all night, barely landed the straight left clean all night except the 9th round, and after two flurries to end that round he was spent the rest of the fight and gave away the final three rounds to Horn, after already failing to take control the first 8 rounds. You can't give away the last three rounds, and the first round, and split the middle rounds or maybe win them 5-3, and expect to win. His stamina is gone to **** and his style relies on high punch output, especially at welterweight where his opponents are too big to hurt with single shots. If he's going to fight with such low punch output, he needs to move down in weight where he can hurt guys with single shots.

I think everyone was fooled by the commentary, just like Kovalev-Ward. Atlas dominated the commentary and gave Pacquiao almost every close round. He ignored clean shots by Horn and kept saying Pacquiao was landing clean and Horn wasn't even when Horn kept connecting the right to the head all night and outworked Pacquiao to the body as well. Pacquiao's left looked old and just a tiny bit slow all night so he either just missed Horn or hit him with glancing shots, very rarely did he catch Horn flush. Atlas was imagining all the clean shots Pacquiao was landing, because he wasn't landing clean anymore than Horn was, and Horn outworked him.

Horn did use his head a ton though. Not as bad or intentionally as Ward, but he fought pretty dirty. Just in terms of punches landed though, compubox is complete fiction, and I do believe Horn outlanded Pacquiao. Pacquiao looked bad against Vargas but the commentators shilled for him then too. He did beat Vargas, mostly because he finally caught Vargas and knocked him down and then took over after that. But if he hadn't dropped Vargas he might have lost that fight too, because before that moment that fight looked a lot like this, with Pacquiao barely throwing punches and struggling to catch Vargas clean because he looked slow.

He's old. This was no robbery at all. You could give it to Pacquiao close but he was far from dominant.

Thats the thing, it was not a "dominant" win. Not at all, because he didnt knock him out or leave him more bloodied than he already was. It wasnt "dominant," but it was a VERY CLEAR decision for Pac. Look, hes 38, has slowed a little and doesnt seem to have that knock out pumch right now....but if you really think Horn could have possibly won on the cards youre way off. Youre right kt wasnt "dominant," in the boxing sense of the word, but it was just plain obvious and clear

Comment

• Originally posted by Helm View Post
      I watched the fight with russian commentators (didn't understand shhyt) and had Horn winning.

I'm hearing ESPN was heavily biased for pacquiao.

I suggest anybody to watch the fight without sounds to avoid commentators bias.
      i watched on espn and still had horn winning. bradley had horn winning too but he was scared of a teddy atlas outburst so he just went along with the fake outrage. horn dictated the tempo all night. he took manny to the streets. this wasnt a boxing match it was a savage scrap. who the hell thought horn had that in him? not me. he clearly won. its similar to floyd vs maidana 1. i had maidana winning that too.

Comment

• Wow, I forgot this fight was last night...lmfao! Missed it. All well I'm sure I won't miss Aug. 26....lol

Comment

• to me this fight wasn't a robbery. most rounds in the fight were competitive with the exception of round 9 which pac dominated. pac looked his age, had nothing left in the tank after 9 and ended the fight leaning on the ropes.

not saying horn deserved a win because i never scored it but for it to be a robbery pac would have had to be a lot more dominant.

Comment

• War Horn!!

Team#48 probably kicking themselves in the ass rn for not getting that catchweight

Should probably take the Broner fight next and go for a rematch in Brisbane again next summer.

Hope he dont hang em up though. Fight long enough for Magdalenos 147 debut.

To all the 48ers

Beautiful boxing by Horn. Showed no respect and dictated the pace of that fight. Had 48 intimidated and hurt many times. his footwork reminds me a bit of Daniel Geale's. I'd like to see a rematch this time next year. I'd like to see Horn take an easier fight in the states in the meantime, maybe against Collazo. Excellent work by the ref, keeping a low profile.

Great fight. Arum was right and i didnt doubt him at all.

Comment

• horn was never gonna get credit regardless. if pac won in impressive fashion nobody would say how old he was. but because the fight was a war its because hes old lol.. horn never gave manny a stationary target, he kept moving his head, changing stances and punching from weird angles. guy like that gives anybody problems. also he took every punch from manny and kept coming proving his chin is legit. horn simply shocked the world.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                  horn was never gonna get credit regardless. if pac won in impressive fashion nobody would say how old he was. but because the fight was a war its because hes old lol.. horn never gave manny a stationary target, he kept moving his head, changing stances and punching from weird angles. guy like that gives anybody problems. also he took every punch from manny and kept coming proving his chin is legit. horn simply shocked the world.
                  aggression alone doesn't win you fights, imo!!

Comment

• A good place to add your fan cards, and see / discuss other round by round cards from fans is Eye On The Ring. Add your scores:

Eye On The Ring: Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      lol Questioning Manny? Dude didn't you see how Big, Horn is compared to manny?? The guy looked like a middle weight there compared to manny. The guy was towering and looked like a tank. If there is one who should question it's not Pac dude, it's that big guy who should have been dropped on the 9th. Maybe it's Horn's power pellets that kept him up?

Let it go Big Dunn. This was a great fight for boxing. If you can't even enjoy a good scrap. You cannot see the true essence of boxing, but you only see PEDS lol
                      This wasn't a great fight. It was a cherry pick that was tougher than it should have been that didn't have PED testing. For someone who has gone on for 2 years about an IV, the lack of PED testing should be a major issue for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X