Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Marriaga on 8/5, Crawford-Indongo on 8/19 - ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Feint First View Post
    Russell was much greener than Lomo and built up a gaudy undefeated record facing cans. Walters was coming off a 1 year layoff and 1.5 years since he had an actual win going into their fight. #FACTS

And if Walters is so great, he sure has lit the world on fire since that fight huh?

So the 2 best wins of the supposed "P4P #1" are a green Gary Russell Jr. and Walters

Lomo didn't want anything with Walters when he missed weight for Sosa.

Then fought him after Arum put him on the shelf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
      How the hell did they get the IBF too give Indongo a bye over his Mando?? I'm not complaining but they seemed pretty hardline about him facing Lipinets.
      Unification fights are above mando. You can avoid a mando if you're unifying titles

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post

Lomo didn't want anything with Walters when he missed weight for Sosa.

Then fought him after Arum put him on the shelf.
        Loma didn't want anything to do with Walter at 126, because obviously Walter could not make the weight anymore. Once Loma moved to 130, he had no prob facing Walter.

Comment

• Loma's team were the ones to bring up the "Come up to 130" to Rigo when they knew they needed an opponent for August. I like Loma, but it sure is a bad look. They called him out. He called their bluff. Loma fans can come up with a bunch of "legitimate" reasons to not make the fight in August...but the fact is, Loma's team called Rigo out then didn't attempt to make the fight. Everybody knows Bob isn't going to make it. They should keep Rigo's name out of their mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
            Does "Loma is ducking even an old past prime small Rigo" sound better to you? Because this actually is even very close to the truth.
            Firstly how is he ducking him when Rigo only recently offered to fight him at 130... Loma was in discussions with Salido until that fell through so he prob just wanted a keep busy fight (because of the minutes time he has to prepare) then will negotiate for big fight afterwards.

Secondly we don't know what other conditions Rigo is offering with agreeing to go to 130.... I'm sure he will want to be compensated more than if they fought at 126 and will prob make some other additional requests that we might not know about. We will only find out in due time.

Technically Rigo should be making sacrifices and hustling to get a big fight, when he beat Nonito he thought it would lead onto bigger things but that just made other fighters hesitant to get in the ring with him. Doesn't matter what promotional team or advisor he has, he will not get big fights until he starts pushing the boundaries in himself. Remember Ali before fighting Liston, he hustled and followed Liston everywhere till he got his shot. Thurman use to Harass P Malinagi and make as much noise as possible till he got his break through.

Rigo needs to bring a lot of attention to himself till the fans start to put heavy pressure on fighters to fight him.

Comment

• I like most of these fights. I personally think Marriaga would beat Rigondeaux at 126 or 130, he's a tough ass dude. Still wish it had been Salido (interested to see if/what he gets to fight Davis) or a higher ranked guy at 130. The rest of these I am excited about

Comment

• To be fair Marriaga isn't a BAD opponent it's just this is Lomachenko we are talking about!

Both the WBO & WBC have Marriaga in the top 10 FW's. He's a big puncher, rangy & id pick him to edge a fading & fairly inactive 2017 Salido. Let's not forget Salido got dropped & looked poor against journeyman Aristides Perez last time out!

Marriaga gave WBO champion Valdez fits last time out. Had him hurt & gassed! Slugfest... Close fight! If he's good enough to challenge Valdez & Walters then he's no scrub. But yes it's a step back.. Blame is not on Lomachenkos team here though if people are over the top pricing themselves out what can they do? Opponent #11 has to be a bigger name though..

But let's not for get: Salido, GRJ, Martinez, Walters, Sosa & Marriaga in 10 fights is quite incredible still though.

Comment

• Kellerman works for ESPN. Wonder if they can get him and Brian Kenny back together like the old FNFs days. They were awesome together.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    Kellerman works for ESPN. Wonder if they can get him and Brian Kenny back together like the old FNFs days. They were awesome together.
                    I thought Kenny left ESPN? Or is he back?

Comment

• People need to stop making excuses for Lomachencko. Rigodeaux called his 130 bluff and Lomachencko's side made no attempt to make the fight. All the politrick **** doesn't mattwr because they didn't even try.

Comment

Working...
                      X