No announcement yet.

Predictions for the Cruiserweight WBSS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
    Skoglund, Dorticos, Briedis, and Kudryashov. Think I'm missing one or two though.
    I found no mention Skoglund and Kudrryashov are in, however I see Wlodarczyk is in.

Comment

The only guy we're really missing is Lebedev, but **** him, he's already caught L's from Jones and Gassiev. I'm not quite sure how he still has his title.

Bellew's not in, but his last fight was at heavyweight and I think he's chasing big money fights at that weight.

No Tabiti. No big deal, he's only a prospect, but it would have been nice to get an American into the field.

Perez? Would have been interesting but he's only fought once in 2 years and was a heavyweight before that.

Drozd? Hasn't fought in 2 years and is probably retired.

Overall I'm pretty amped for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        The only guy we're really missing is Lebedev, but **** him, he's already caught L's from Jones and Gassiev. I'm not quite sure how he still has his title.

Bellew's not in, but his last fight was at heavyweight and I think he's chasing big money fights at that weight.

No Tabiti. No big deal, he's only a prospect, but it would have been nice to get an American into the field.

Perez? Would have been interesting but he's only fought once in 2 years and was a heavyweight before that.

Drozd? Hasn't fought in 2 years and is probably retired.

Drozd is due a crack at the WBC I believe, Bellew has somewhat stalled him lately.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          Lebedev is very basic and Gassiev struggled against him. Usyk won't have any issues with him whatsoever.
          LMFAO at won't have any issues whatsoever. He had "issues whatsoever" vs Hunter. Dropped 3 rounds to a guy who had 0 elite level W's.

Like I said Usyk is the odds on favorite if he's in the tournament & I'll be picking him like most everyone else, but he's without question beatable & Gassiev is a cat who can KO anyone in the division if the opportunity is presented to him. Usyk can win 11 rounds & 2mins of a fight against him, but if he f#cks up in the last minute its over. Thats not an easy fight for him.

Idk why we gotta go to crazytown & act like a guy is unbeatable just cuz we like a guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            LOL right. I wouldn't hate to see him in, but I don't care if he is.

And fair play to Bellew with chasing money fights.

I wanted Tabiti in early on, but has this field has gotten so good idk that he & his team should want anything to do with it. Might not be a bad idea to get in as a sub or something doe, but as a main guy idk..

Yea he wouldn't be a bad wild card guy, but I think many of us, maybe myself included, are thinking a lil too highly of him after a win over a low level guy that lotsa guys from prospects to fringe contenders are looking good against.

Amen. If you aren't happy with this tournament, whoever else gets in or doesn't get in, you need to find a new sport to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              LMFAO at won't have any issues whatsoever. He had "issues whatsoever" vs Hunter. Dropped 3 rounds to a guy who had 0 elite level W's.

Like I said Usyk is the odds on favorite if he's in the tournament & I'll be picking him like most everyone else, but he's without question beatable & Gassiev is a cat who can KO anyone in the division if the opportunity is presented to him. Usyk can win 11 rounds & 2mins of a fight against him, but if he f#cks up in the last minute its over. Thats not an easy fight for him.

Idk why we gotta go to crazytown & act like a guy is unbeatable just cuz we like a guy.
              Who has Gassiev knocked out I should stand here and acknowledge he has elite power, this isn't one of those mythical debates like the Deontay Wilder threads that he has elite level power too is it ?

Who are these elite wins Gassiev has Hunter has not, you watched the Lebedev vs Gassiev fight did you ?

Comment

Drozd is due a crack at the WBC I believe, Bellew has somewhat stalled him lately.
                Drozd was their champion in recess but the WBC removed him from that position a couple months back. I don't think he ever recovered from that injury.

Comment

LOL right. I wouldn't hate to see him in, but I don't care if he is.

And fair play to Bellew with chasing money fights.

I wanted Tabiti in early on, but has this field has gotten so good idk that he & his team should want anything to do with it. Might not be a bad idea to get in as a sub or something doe, but as a main guy idk..

Yea he wouldn't be a bad wild card guy, but I think many of us, maybe myself included, are thinking a lil too highly of him after a win over a low level guy that lotsa guys from prospects to fringe contenders are looking good against.

Amen. If you aren't happy with this tournament, whoever else gets in or doesn't get in, you need to find a new sport to watch.
                  Man I forgot all about the wild cards/subs. I wonder if they're gonna have those in place when the tournament starts or if they're just going to figure it out if it becomes necessary like the Super 6 did.

Comment

Who has Gassiev knocked out I should stand here and acknowledge he has elite power, this isn't one of those mythical debates like the Deontay Wilder threads that he has elite level power too is it ?

Who are these elite wins Gassiev has Hunter has not, you watched the Lebedev vs Gassiev fight did you ?
                    I knew I shouldn't have brought up Hunter cuz we get into this stupid dick measuring unwinnable for both sides boring debates I never wanna be involved in once I find myself in them.

But idk why you are going on about Gassiev. I'm just using him as an example to illustrate my only point which is Usyk isn't some unbeatable superman.

If you lose 3 rounds to Michael Hunter you are beatable. And like I keep saying I'm a Usyk fan, but I'm not delusional about him being unbeatable either. He's FOR SURE beatable.

Comment

I knew I shouldn't have brought up Hunter cuz we get into this stupid dick measuring unwinnable for both sides boring debates I never wanna be involved in once I find myself in them.

But idk why you are going on about Gassiev. I'm just using him as an example to illustrate my only point which is Usyk isn't some unbeatable superman.

If you lose 3 rounds to Michael Hunter you are beatable. And like I keep saying I'm a Usyk fan, but I'm not delusional about him being unbeatable either. He's FOR SURE beatable.
                      You knew you shouldn't have because he took three rounds from an Olympic good medalist, Gassiev has a narrow victory over Lebedev, Usyk nearly removed Hunter's head in a fight his corner will regret not throwing in the towel later in his career.

Sure he's beatable if you're more skilled than him only ain't no one in the divison with that skill set let alone this tournament.

Gassiev will be a solid scalp no doubt and I hope they fight each other so we can measure our dicks against each other as you put it. Gassiev I don't actually dislike but looking at it objectively I don't see his he beats Usyk.

Comment

Working...
                      X