Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Ward-Kovalev II Ending, Canelo-VADA, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    so you are saying if 1 percent of the pucnh lands clean and the other 99 percent is low its still clean? thats not how it works in the rules. the ref hismelf said anything below here is low and that landed well below where he said. i dont remember him saying well if the hublot air pocket gets crushed without any damage then its legal.
    Actually that is how it works. If any part of the glove touches the belt love, it's legal. Joe Cortez was on Golpe a Golpe on Saturday to explain this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      Gomez, you're right. The words were: "Canelo wasn't ready for Golovkin last year.".

Thanks for.... nothing!!!! fool.
      now your quote is closer to what he actually said, notice how he never said we vacated or avoided ggg fo that reason?? he only said "we didnt feel canelo was ready last year", which i think is fair enough, i gave ggg the edge last year at 160, this year almost every respectable media analist have the fight as a true 50-50 fight...
      Last edited by icha; 06-26-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        I have a couple of them and none of the illustrations or pics show clothed body parts. Only Kovalev truly knows where Ward's glove landed.
        We can see from the footage where Ward's glove landed. From the three observations I explained we can conclude Kovalev was hit square on the belt line. Unless Kovalev is a mutant there is no way his nuts can be located in that area, hence the reason for my anatomy comment.

But......if you really want to go by what kovalev says, it seems to me he admitted the last body shot was and I quote "on the border"(but it's not entirely clear which shot he's referring to).

Here is the gif from the post fight interview:

So even Kovalev disagrees with you.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyboyReturns View Post
          We can see from the footage where Ward's glove landed. From the three observations I explained we can conclude Kovalev was hit square on the belt line. Unless Kovalev is a mutant there is no way his nuts can be located in that area, hence the reason for my anatomy comment.

But......if you really want to go by what kovalev says, it seems to me he admitted the last body shot was and I quote "on the border"(but it's not entirely clear which shot he's referring to).

Here is the gif from the post fight interview:

So even Kovalev disagrees with you.
          One thing that you may not realize, is that a shot doesn't have to land on the nuts to be considered low. The pelvis is also low. Kovalev referred to the first shot as border and the last two as low.

Comment

One thing that you may not realize, is that a shot doesn't have to land on the nuts to be considered low. The pelvis is also low. Kovalev referred to the first shot as border and the last two as low.

The shot landed on the belt so it's a legal blow. Toney weeks said this area was "good" in the pre fight instructions and as Roy Jones explained, Kovalev's trunks were above his navel.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              now your quote is closer to what he actually said, notice how he never said we vacated or avoided ggg fo that reason?? he only said "we didnt feel canelo was ready last year", which i think is fair enough, i gave ggg the edge last year at 160, this year almost every respectable media analist have the fight as a true 50-50 fight...
              So he basically admitted they made Canelo vacate to avoid GGG. Unless you are a stupid person, you can see that.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                Great observations by Bread once again. The only thing I disagree slightly on is letting the fight go on longer. I've said it quite a few times but Kovalev left the ref no other choice by staying in that position. If Weeks didn't step in to stop the fight Ward would have no other choice but to go to his head. He couldn't reach Kovalev's body because was bent over. The only place he couid have punched Kovalev was either the back of the head or a vicious upper cut. Either way, it wouldn't be good for Kovalev. Weeks couldn't stop the fight and give Kovalev time to recover because he never saw or called the low blow. He couldn't warn Kovalev for bending over because this would stop Ward's momentum and help Kovalev. He stopped it at the absolute right time, all because of Kovalev's actions.
                Stop making excuses and over thinking.
                If weeks didnt see low blows he's not fit to judge.
                Weeks should have told ward to keep punches up and asked if kov if he's OK.
                The first fight was controversial. The second fight stoppage was unsatisfactory at best under normal cicumstances. And taking into account con troversy of first fight the second fight ending is wholely undigestable and leaves bad stench

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  So he basically admitted they made Canelo vacate to avoid GGG. Unless you are a stupid person, you can see that.
                  he didnt admitt anything, if you want to imply that and make it your opinion then i respect it, just dont put words in his mouth and use your logic as is a fact...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAztinca View Post
                    Actually that is how it works. If any part of the glove touches the belt love, it's legal. Joe Cortez was on Golpe a Golpe on Saturday to explain this.

oh, fk......

so, we should not have lynched Ward in the street ?

damn

I feel so stupid now.....

no, wait.....

I did not do that, it was the dopey casuals and golov-tards

nvm, I'm all good

Comment

One thing that you may not realize, is that a shot doesn't have to land on the nuts to be considered low. The pelvis is also low. Kovalev referred to the first shot as border and the last two as low.....

Kovalev also " referred " to these punches as low

I think you need a better source

Comment

Working...
                      X