Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Ward-Kovalev Ending Unsatisfactory, Trilogy Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deus View Post
    Although the ending was somewhat unsatisfactory (i'd have liked to see the fight continue) it was clear that Ward had Kovalev beat... we don't need to see that again.

Plus PPV numbers indicate that people had less interest in the second fight than the first. If a third happened it'll just bomb.
    I've misse that - what are they saying or what were the ppv nos.?

Comment

If Kovalev gets back in winning form then I would be open to a rematch down the line. I've had enough of it for the present though

Comment

I agree there needs to be a trilogy.

Most think kovalev won the first fight
        And most had kovalev up on points when tony weeks (who admitted he made a mistake) stopped the fight to early and didnt warn ward for low blows or deduct points for low blows
        And give kovalev his proper 5 min.

Comment

To resume:
          - Ward struggled to survive against Kovalev rounds 1 through 6, then hit him low a few times to regain some advantage, and then when even his best right shot hit Kovalev flush on the chin, and he saw that it didn't drop him, he reverted to lowblows and won the fight by the worst stoppage possible.
          - Kellerman publicly licked Ward's balls and anus.
          - PPV was an even bigger flop than the first time.
          - Ward was awarded #1 p4p for his survival and foul bodywork skills.
          - Roc Nation cuts ties with apparently the #1 p4p in the world, and are well on their way to be out of business.
          - No matter what all the Wardtards here say, most of them will still get a lot more enjoyment fromwatching Kovalev fight rather than Ward in the future.

Comment

Ward proving what?

He lost the first f fight.
            the second was there for anyone to win, it was too close to call.

Stop this nuthugging some of you have cause it was clear that there was not a clear outcome.

Comment

Third fight my ass Frank. That first fight with Andre Ward ruined what was left of Sergey Kovalev. He'll never be the same fighter again. In the rematch, he became more fatigued and exhausted much earlier than usual. So stick a fork in him. He's done.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                I've misse that - what are they saying or what were the ppv nos.?
                See here: https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=750230

Comment

This is bull****. Ward owns Kovalev's soul. He wins 10/10 times unless the rules change to make it a 4 round fight with amateur boxing rules.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                    Ward proving what?

He lost the first f fight.
                    the second was there for anyone to win, it was too close to call.

Stop this nuthugging some of you have cause it was clear that there was not a clear outcome.
                    If what you are saying is accurate, then please answer these two questions for me. Why was Kovalev much more fatigued earlier than usual in the rematch? By the 5th round the man was exhausted.

Moreover, when Tony Weeks called a halt to their bout, why was he sitting on the ropes in a fetal position, rather than lying prostrate on the canvas grabbing his groin in pain?

It was because the man was simply too tired to continue and was using the ropes for support in order to rest. In addition, he used the low blows as an excuse to quit.

Comment

No need to: Ward takes Kovalev's soul, Kovs still can't find his balls!

Comment

Working...
                      X