Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumoured ; Lomachenko vs Beltran @135,good fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If no Salido rematch, I'd rather he fight Corrales, Miura/Berchelt or maybe Selby/Frampton/LSC moving up in weight.

Boxing really needs guys to start dominating divisions, winning all the belts and going on a long reign.

However, if Loma is hellbent on moving to 135 then a past it Beltran would be a good fight as a first step up.

Comment

Weak fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Bob is not letting Loma anywhere near Garcia. Especially if he beats Broner. Bob does not make 50/50 fights outside the Top Rank stable.
        Wasn't Lomachenko vs Russel Jr viewed as a 50-50 fight beforehand?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Wasn't Lomachenko vs Russel Jr viewed as a 50-50 fight beforehand?
          Wasn't it a mandatory? That's why he goes after the WBO belts. He can dictate to them rankings and who gets put in mandatory positions

Comment

Wasn't it a mandatory? That's why he goes after the WBO belts. He can dictate to them rankings and who gets put in mandatory positions
            It definitely went to a purse bid.. Not sure for what organization but he could have passed on it, just saying... So at this point with Lomachenko already having a loss, I don't think he's afraid to put him in with tough competition. If he moves to 135 already which I think is stupid, facing Beltran is not bad IF it leads to a Garcia or Linares fight in the early winter 2018. Who knows with Arum though, if he could he certainly would never go out of his own house for fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              It definitely went to a purse bid.. Not sure for what organization but he could have passed on it, just saying... So at this point with Lomachenko already having a loss, I don't think he's afraid to put him in with tough competition. If he moves to 135 already which I think is stupid, facing Beltran is not bad IF it leads to a Garcia or Linares fight in the early winter 2018. Who knows with Arum though, if he could he certainly would never go out of his own house for fights.
              The fact that you only named one fight proves my point. And that fight was a mandatory. May-Pac is the only other one I can think of right now. Bob will not put his A-side fighters in 50/50 fights outside of Top Rank.

Comment

Lol is there a single person calling for this fight? It's a miracle Beltran is even relevant still

Comment

The fact that you only named one fight proves my point. And that fight was a mandatory. May-Pac is the only other one I can think of right now. Bob will not put his A-side fighters in 50/50 fights outside of Top Rank.
                  he doesn't have many big names left on the roster anyway.

Crawford, Lomachenko, Manny... Valdez, Verdejo...

Shakur and Conlan coming up in a few years...

I absolutely think he'd put Crawford in vs Garcia, Broner Etc.... Same with Lomachenko....

Bob is always looking out for Bob...that's how boxing is... PBC hasn't really put up any huge guys for fights either against other promoters guys....Jacobs may be the biggest but it seems they're willing to do so more than TR...

Hearn and K2 IMO seem like they'll work with anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    Every good fighter has turned him down because Arum is offering peanuts to those fighters that aren't part of Top Rank to fight Loma. Arum is only willing to pay fighters that are part of his stable, like Beltran now. Corrales is now with GB so no way that fight happens now and Arum will not make a Loma/Garcia fight either. I could see Loma fighting Beltran next and some other stiff after. No way Loma fights Verdajo if he beats Flannagan. Arum will not allow it. But somehow Loma keeps going around that the champions don't want to fight him, they don't want fight him because of what Arum is offering.
                    How do you know what Arum is offering these good fighters who turned him down? If someone is offered a career high payday and still turn the offer, then that's a duck. We see it happening with Haymon fighters all the time. Broner and D. Garcia turn down $4M each to fight Pac, yet still fight for $2M against other opponents. Wilder is turning down $3+ to fight Whyte when that is about three times his biggest pay day.

You all thought Loma would duck and/or fail against Russell Jr. and Walters. He stepped up to those challenges while Rigo ducked him. Not Loma's fault no one wants to fight him at 130.

Comment

Only way Arum puts any of his fighters in 50/50 fights is if he's the lead promoter and gets options on the other fighter not being with Top Rank. Would Arum allow Loma if Showtime was offering the money for Loma/Garcia with DiBella or Shaffer being the promoter and them getting options on Loma? I highly doubt it

Comment

Working...
                      X