Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Ward-Kovalev Not Promoted Right, I Would've Smashed It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    I'm not saying burns is great I'm saying he's very well known over here and indongo beating him has given him exposure. Hearn had options on him because of that (also smart of him) and I imagine explored fights and Crawford is the obvious choice you don't need to be a genius to do that im not giving Hearn credit for that either. What I am saying is if the fight is for the ibf title as well that is entirely down to Hearn and that shows how good a promoter he is.
    All I see is Hearns being shrewd taking privilege on Indongo for beating his fighter, thats why Deontay said F.U to him.

Comment

Duva actually said "i dont care how many ppvs it sells." With kovalev only getting a ppv cut thats a really wierd thing to say

and she was against hyping the fight through trash talk and creating a rivalry. She is old school and has no idea how to promote a fight these days. And for doing nothing i heard she gets 25% of whatever kovalev gets

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        All I see is Hearns being shrewd taking privilege on Indongo for beating his fighter, thats why Deontay said F.U to him.
        Bias aside you don't think Hearn getting a little money for making the first four belt unification fight in 12 years is worth it? We know how difficult the ibf can be with mandatories, he's got aj an extension and he's done a deal for indongo too

Comment

Originally posted by fabes88 View Post
          i hope so. When boxing does well in america that's good for everyone. I'd like to think the pbc shows being shown on free tv has made a difference too? That was the whole point of the project when it started
          exactly! Man thats why i never bashed pbc because i was enjoying all that free boxing for the first time in my life.... Since 2016 december pbc has given us sooo many 50/50 fights... Thats why espn is getting in the boxing business so heavily all of a sudden.... Even though top rank and golden boy dont have the deepest rosters im not gonna bash them and try to destroy them like people did to pbc.... Golden boy and tr both sued pbc for hundreds of millions but both eventually lost the cases... Now both of them are on espn! I heard pbc is doing a channel deal with fox and fox sports also possibly so that will give us even more boxing... Pbc will also still be on showtime and cbs maybe once or twice a year for huge shows like thurman vs danny type level

Comment

Bias aside you don't think Hearn getting a little money for making the first four belt unification fight in 12 years is worth it? We know how difficult the ibf can be with mandatories, he's got aj an extension and he's done a deal for indongo too
            Belts may mean something to casuals but to the informed fan it don't matter Crawford is lineal and already beat Ricky, Burns was a paper champ in beating Rocco for the WBA. I see Hearns efforts with Indongo as helping himself by using Ricky as bait more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Belts may mean something to casuals but to the informed fan it don't matter Crawford is lineal and already beat Ricky, Burns was a paper champ in beating Rocco for the WBA. I see Hearns efforts with Indongo as helping himself by using Ricky as bait more than anything.
              They also mean something to the boxers too let's not forget about that. All belts on the line is best for everyone.

Comment

An ambitious 16 year old with no prior knowledge about boxing coulda promoted that fight better, either time, than Roc Nation & Main Events did.

If Roc Nation folds as is the rumor, Main Events should follow their lead for the betterment of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
                  sky sports is also another major reason!eddie is a top promoter no one disputes that
                  It was Hearn who sold boxing as a "sleeping giant" to Sky Sports 5 years ago, when interest in the sport wasn't nearly so high with UK casuals as it is now.

After they made a deal with him to screen all his shows, Hearn delivered what he'd promised .. the best matches he could make, well publicised on TV and social media, with dramatic press conferences where the fighters were encouraged to talk to each other and to their opponents teams, instead of just standing up and delivering generic "I wanna thank" type speeches and boring everybody shitless.

Hearn is the best in the world at using social media to publicise himself, his fighters, and his shows. That's mainly how he connected with casual UK sports fans and drew them in.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 06-23-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

They also mean something to the boxers too let's not forget about that. All belts on the line is best for everyone.
                    Lets keep it real the undisputed title has already been fought for when Crawford took Postol to school, ( without all the belts )....but yeah I'll give you that it does help convinced casuals this is EXTRA SPECIAL.lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      it was hearn who sold boxing as a "sleeping giant" to sky sports 5 years ago, when interest in the sport wasn't nearly so high with uk casuals as it is now.

After they made a deal with him to screen all his shows, hearn delivered what he'd promised .. The best matches he could make, well publicised on tv and social media, with dramatic press conferences where the fighters were encouraged to talk to each other and to their opponents teams, instead of just standing up and delivering generic "i wanna thank" type speeches and boring everybody shitless.

Hearn is the best in the world at using social media to publicise himself, his fighters, and his shows. That's mainly how he connected with casual uk sports fans and drew them in.
                      i agree with all that! Even with all that america is a totally different beast which is wayy more complicated to takeover than england which has sky that promotes boxing 24/7.... The american public in general dont give 2 flying fugs about boxing...

Comment

Working...
                      X