Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Ward-Kovalev Not Promoted Right, I Would've Smashed It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    I think about 9 people bought that. I think he's going to help promote Crawford vs indongo. If that fight happens for all of the belts that will show you what kind of promoter Eddie Hearn is.
    HELP is the right word - Crawford is a Toprank promoted fighter and Indongo is not known in the UK and you yourself dont even believe the Brits will buy this considering you said they did not buy Chris Eubank Jr. vs. the Australian -- so no credit to slick Eddie trying to ride the wave!

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
      boxing is a top sport in england thats why they sell soo many tickets... Other than that they are the same as everywhere else.... In america football, mlb, nba and nascar are the biggest ticket sellers....
      Eddie Hearn is the reason boxing became a top sport again in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by fabes88 View Post
        boxing is big but it lacks media coverage over here. Football, rugby, golf, cricket and tennis all gets much more column inches.
        thats true but i have noticed recently espn and fox sports covering boxing more than they ever have... Boxing is have a resurgence in america and with the top rank espn/abc deal it should get even better hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          eddie hearn is the reason boxing became a top sport again in the uk.
          sky sports is also another major reason!eddie is a top promoter no one disputes that

Comment

It's not like Hearn did it overnight. He learned the market through his dad's business and then spent time building up the boxing business for a modern format. If he figures out the American market he could do it there too!

I get the impression Duva and Roc Nation have no intention of figuring out who their audience is and how to connect with them. Whilst Haymon's mode hasn't been a roaring success, at least he's trying new things, unlike dinosaurs like Arum and formerly King.

Comment

I wouldn't doubt it. Unfortunately for Ward and Kovalev they both have promoters who have no idea how to promote

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                HELP is the right word - Crawford is a Toprank promoted fighter and Indongo is not known in the UK and you yourself dont even believe the Brits will buy this considering you said they did not buy Chris Eubank Jr. vs. the Australian -- so no credit to slick Eddie trying to ride the wave!
                Help is the right word because he has options on indongo due to him beating burns so he is somewhat known over here. If his one contribution is getting the ibf to sanction the fight and turning it into a 4 belt unification then it's a big one I'm sure you'll agree with me on that. Being able to navigate boxing politics is crucial to being a top promoter. Also this fight won't be on ppv it will be on regular sky sports which in your terms is a premium cable channel so no one will have to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
                  thats true but i have noticed recently espn and fox sports covering boxing more than they ever have... Boxing is have a resurgence in america and with the top rank espn/abc deal it should get even better hopefully...

I hope so. When boxing does well in America that's good for everyone. I'd like to think the pbc shows being shown on free tv has made a difference too? That was the whole point of the project when it started

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    Help is the right word because he has options on indongo due to him beating burns so he is somewhat known over here. If his one contribution is getting the ibf to sanction the fight and turning it into a 4 belt unification then it's a big one I'm sure you'll agree with me on that. Being able to navigate boxing politics is crucial to being a top promoter. Also this fight won't be on ppv it will be on regular sky sports which in your terms is a premium cable channel so no one will have to buy it.
                    Come on Indongo was already on Crawfords radar when he KO Eduard Troyanovsky! Eddie Hearn did nothing!!! these Africans are easily bought, Bob Arum would of offered him the fight and he would of took it! Ricky Burns is a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      Come on Indongo was already on Crawfords radar when he KO Eduard Troyanovsky! Eddie Hearn did nothing!!! these Africans are easily bought, Bob Arum would of offered him the fight and he would of took it! Ricky Burns is a bum.
                      I'm not saying burns is great I'm saying he's very well known over here and indongo beating him has given him exposure. Hearn had options on him because of that (also smart of him) and I imagine explored fights and Crawford is the obvious choice you don't need to be a genius to do that im not giving Hearn credit for that either. What I am saying is if the fight is for the ibf title as well that is entirely down to Hearn and that shows how good a promoter he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X