Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you guys so high on Diego Corrales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    No he wasn't. Are you stupid or something? Oh wait don't answer, I forgot who i was taking to.

Of course you are stupid.
    Uhh yes he was, Corrales was exactly #5 P4P.

Comment

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
      Diego Corrales is Robert Guerrero level.
      Surrre, which is why Robert Guerrero managed to win a Ring title like Diego Corrales did at 135lbs right? Because they're the same level?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Forreal. Worked his way back down to 130 to win a title and defended it befoee moving up. In short, he stopped fighting at 130 completely four years after the Mayweather fight.
        I posted a response to this already. I think this is a valid point about fighting in the division again. But factually what you are saying here is not correct.

First off he didn't fight for two full years after the Mayweather fight (doing time). From the point he had his first fight after FM to moving up was one year two months. He probably would have moved up after 9 months had he won the Casamayor fight the first time.

Regardless he should have made weight without any issue for the Mayweather fight, why he didn't well that's all speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
          Brown, Gainer, Roberto Garcia, and Manfredy wins got him a big buzz. Stopping Gainer, Garcia, and Manfredy, his size, percived talent, toughness and punching power put him in as a favorite against Floyd who was a hot commodity in the known circles. Floyd ruined him pretty much.
          Floyd didn't ruin him. The guy fought well after he came back from jail. The fight that ruined him was the war with Castillo. That was basically the end of both guys careers and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Viper View Post
            "Brown, Gainer, Roberto Garcia, and Manfredy wins got him a big buzz."

Who had they beat? or was they just up and coming prospects like him???????
            I think Garcia was on the same Olympic team as Mayweather. He beat Gainer, John John Molina. Garcia was a hot prospect at 32-0. He was being brought up the old Mexican way with a lot of fights.

Gainer was part of the RJJ phenomena out of Pensacola and a very big hopeful. Jones was the summit then. Gainer was like a small Jones Jr, at least thats what we hoped for. Gainer beat Kelly. I think he was more of an intellectual investment than anything based on his resume.

Manfredy was like a satan worshipper then went to Jesus. A lot of hype with this cat. Knocked Gatti out when Gatti only had 1 loss that was super early in his career. Manfredy basically beat a prime Gatti via TKO. Beat Calvin Grove. Lost to Mayweather and Johnston. If you were in the scene in the 90's, you knew Manfredy.

John Brown was just a tough dude that all the good dudes beat. Journeyman of sorts.

How old are you man? Like, if you don't know Corrales, you got to be a youngun or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
              Floyd didn't ruin him. The guy fought well after he came back from jail. The fight that ruined him was the war with Castillo. That was basically the end of both guys careers and more.
              Diego wasn't the same fighter nor person after getting destroyed like that. I was there man, I remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                You say "weight drained" yet Corrales fought in that same division for three more years and won another title at that weight. You're a perfect example of someone who talks about something you obviously know nothing about. Comparing this to Ward-Dawson or Jones-Tarver 1 is comically ignorant.

LOL Pure nonsense.

Actually Corrales was a shell of himself and was severally weight drained, had personal issues (jail), and had the flu going into the fight.

Man, Diego was at about 2lbs over at the weigh-in and he needed to lose in a sauna ... so Floyd fans should look at the FACTs!!!!

and for the same silly remarks made by Floyd fans, can someone (think Floyd) say that he was severally dehydrated to the point that he needed 2 banned IV bags
                - who had fought for a decade at WW
                - admitted to always making weight easily
                - drank plenty of fluids just prior
                - Vital signs were just taken and were all normal
                - Weighed in relatively the same from 30 days out
                - Fought again at WW a few months later with no problem
                - Was interviewed just after getting the IV and stated that he walks around 150, 148 and doesn't get drained like some other fighters and he was very happy!

Are you in agreement that Floyd must have lied and that he should have been dealt severally for his banned IV use?

With Corrales, his conditioning coach was interviewed years later and admits to Diego being severally dehydrated and brings it up in a manner of his learning curve compared to him as a conditioning coach years later .....

Last edited by ADP02; 08-30-2017, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                  I think Garcia was on the same Olympic team as Mayweather. He beat Gainer, John John Molina. Garcia was a hot prospect at 32-0. He was being brought up the old Mexican way with a lot of fights.

Gainer was part of the RJJ phenomena out of Pensacola and a very big hopeful. Jones was the summit then. Gainer was like a small Jones Jr, at least thats what we hoped for. Gainer beat Kelly. I think he was more of an intellectual investment than anything based on his resume.

Manfredy was like a satan worshipper then went to Jesus. A lot of hype with this cat. Knocked Gatti out when Gatti only had 1 loss that was super early in his career. Manfredy basically beat a prime Gatti via TKO. Beat Calvin Grove. Lost to Mayweather and Johnston. If you were in the scene in the 90's, you knew Manfredy.

John Brown was just a tough dude that all the good dudes beat. Journeyman of sorts.

How old are you man? Like, if you don't know Corrales, you got to be a youngun or something.
                  Listen man, i know all those guys and corrales, the bottom line is this. People treat the corrales win like he beat a prime mosley or oscar......the fact is he beat some up and comers and had a few good wins afterward.. Beating corrales prime undeafted or not. isn't anything like when forest beat a prime mosley or when tarver beat jones come on now......corrales wasn't a great fighter man
                  Last edited by The Viper; 08-30-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Chico oh yes Chico
                    Why you say?
                    Well because he was that Gatti kind of fighter , that you enjoyed cheering for even when catching a beating because you knew he could turn it around with one punch.
                    Besides being tall and lanky, he was an awkward fighter
                    His best defence was his face as he enjoyed leaning forward to stop a punch
                    And I finally but not least his demeanour, skinny ,baby face and just not too intimidating .
                    But once you tasted a few (he was not a one punch ko artist) and he began to break you down you knew you were in a fight.
                    So yeah one of those boxers that wouldn't let you get off your seat cause you never knew what could happen.
                    RIP Chico you were one of my favourites

Comment

• Yes or No question guys Was Corrales a great fighter? looking back at his resume..... serious question

Comment

Working...
                      X