Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you guys so high on Diego Corrales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Actually Corrales was a shell of himself and was severally weight drained, had personal issues (jail), and had the flu going into the fight.

Man, Diego came in about 2lbs over at the weigh-in so Floyd fans should look at the FACTs!!!!

and for the same silly remarks made by Floyd fans, can someone (think Floyd) say that he was severally dehydrated to the point that he needed 2 banned IV bags
    - who had fought for a decade at WW
    - admitted to always making weight easily
    - drank plenty of fluids just prior
    - Vital signs were just taken and were all normal
    - Weighed in relatively the same from 30 days out
    - Fought again at WW a few months later with no problem
    - Was interviewed just after getting the IV and stated that he walks around 150, 148 and doesn't get drained like some other fighters and he was very happy!

Are you in agreement that Floyd must have lied and that he should have been dealt severally for his banned IV use?

With Corrales, his conditioning coach was interviewed years later and admits to Diego being severally dehydrated and brings it up in a manner of his learning curve compared to him as a conditioning coach years later .....

The power of salt water. It helped Floyd beat PAC and helped Pac's ripped off arm heal.

Oh I'm sorry, didn't you lose a debate 4-0 trying to prove that Floyd was taking PED's? Didn't you? You got the shlt kicked out of you, begged for a draw, and still have the nerve to talk this shlt?

Oh that's right, you think I "cheated". Lol. You dumb cvnt. Give it up.

Floyd ruined your life and I kicked the shlt out of you so bad that you needed to take time off from posting and refused to honor your bet. How you like that, you little biotch

For everyone else, don't bother debating with this guy. He'll just send you a personal message begging for a draw, and when you beat the shlt out of him he'll say you cheated and run away like a bltch.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      The power of salt water. It helped Floyd beat PAC and helped Pac's ripped off arm heal.

Oh I'm sorry, didn't you lose a debate 4-0 trying to prove that Floyd was taking PED's? Didn't you? You got the shlt kicked out of you, begged for a draw, and still have the nerve to talk this shlt?

Oh that's right, you think I "cheated". Lol. You dumb cvnt. Give it up.

Floyd ruined your life and I kicked the shlt out of you so bad that you needed to take time off from posting and refused to honor your bet. How you like that, you little biotch

For everyone else, don't bother debating with this guy. He'll just send you a personal message begging for a draw, and when you beat the shlt out of him he'll say you cheated and run away like a bltch.

Lame, like usual!

Nothing you posted has anything to do with what this thread is about nor what my post is about .... but you are known to DEFLECT so I get it. "peeleft:

Comment

• He wasn't a great fighter sort of like Arturo Gatti.
        But why did so many people love Gatti?
        That's what made him a great fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by The Viper View Post
          Listen man, i know all those guys and corrales, the bottom line is this. People treat the corrales win like he beat a prime mosley or oscar......the fact is he beat some up and comers and had a few good wins afterward.. Beating corrales prime undeafted or not. isn't anything like when forest beat a prime mosley or when tarver beat jones come on now......corrales wasn't a great fighter man
          Then why the fùck you posting then? To bait people into trashing Corrales on some weirdo agenda shït?

I comes down to this, its not always about who you beat --- its about intellectual reasoning. People that know the science know Corrales had somehting special.

Teófilo Stevenson was a great and would have probably smoked Clay/Ali, but he never went pro and fought anybody. Does that not make him great? If you know how to recognize talent, you know!

Corrales WAS a great fighter. There wasn't a lot of fish to fry at that weight then. Corrales was the dude to beat. Floyd didn't beat a lot of super talent in their prime because of several legitimate factors. But Corrales was a terror at that time and Floyd stopped him in his tracks when he was undefeated.

Dude you're talking the best of that era in Mosley and Hoya. Floyd couldn't get those fights.

Comment

Lame, like usual!

Nothing you posted has anything to do with what this thread is about nor what my post is about .... but you are known to DEFLECT so I get it. "peeleft:
            Oh, an IV has something to do with it?

You are attempting to debate, right? Did you get your ass beat 4-0 and refuse to pay your debt? People should know what kind of little bltch you are. I told you I was gonna keep kicking you around, pvssy.

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              Diego wasn't the same fighter nor person after getting destroyed like that. I was there man, I remember.
              I remember telling two friends to come over to the house to watch that fight. The boxing community knew it was going to be a great fight but casuals didn't. I remember how beautiful and savage it was. I knew as I was watching it that we were witnessing the destruction of two men. Neither man was the same after that. I'll forever have a special place in my heart for those two. Those were modern day gladiators.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Surrre, which is why Robert Guerrero managed to win a Ring title like Diego Corrales did at 135lbs right? Because they're the same level?
                Chico Corrales was decent, not elite is all I'm saying. Chicanito Hernandez on the hand, was a very good fighter.

Comment

Actually Corrales was a shell of himself and was severally weight drained, had personal issues (jail), and had the flu going into the fight.

Man, Diego was at about 2lbs over at the weigh-in and he needed to lose in a sauna ... so Floyd fans should look at the FACTs!!!!

and for the same silly remarks made by Floyd fans, can someone (think Floyd) say that he was severally dehydrated to the point that he needed 2 banned IV bags
                  - who had fought for a decade at WW
                  - admitted to always making weight easily
                  - drank plenty of fluids just prior
                  - Vital signs were just taken and were all normal
                  - Weighed in relatively the same from 30 days out
                  - Fought again at WW a few months later with no problem
                  - Was interviewed just after getting the IV and stated that he walks around 150, 148 and doesn't get drained like some other fighters and he was very happy!

Are you in agreement that Floyd must have lied and that he should have been dealt severally for his banned IV use?

With Corrales, his conditioning coach was interviewed years later and admits to Diego being severally dehydrated and brings it up in a manner of his learning curve compared to him as a conditioning coach years later .....

Yawn..........

Comment

• It was a really good win. But to answer the question i dont think he should be in the hof. Im sure they'll put him in though

Comment

• On a resume with ZERO top class fighters in their prime, you have to start digging andi ts easy to twist history for guys who I guarantee weren't even watching boxing when the fight happened. Corrales was a decent scrapper but nothing more than a b level slugger.

Comment

Working...
                      X