Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nelson Claims Klitschko Knocked Out Wilder 'Twice' in Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
    Agreed

don't even think he's a boxing fan to be honest

just a lonely
    That wouldn't surprise me. But I have to say, why punish us? Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
      You need a big dome to take shots at HW, Wilder has a peanut sized head.

If you get under the windmill arms and touch Wilders chin, he sleeps.
      People also don't understand, they think Wilder is a big heavyweight like these other giants, because of his height. And then you look at his athleticism and power and think damn, not even AJ or Klitschko have that combination.

But in reality, AJ, Fry, and Klitschko all fight between 240 and 250 pounds. Wilder is 225! It's a huge difference. So yeah Wilder seems a little twitchier because he's so much lighter! Pack on 25 pounds of muscle like AJ and Klitschko and he wouldn't look like that.

And in other words, Wilder's power may look devastating against other guys 200 to 230 lbs, or the odd untested, inexperienced guy like Gerald Washington who does weigh more, but against guys who weigh 25 pounds heavier than him, and are at the top of the division, with better defense, better chins, and who are better at rolling off punches, Wilder is not going to one-punch these guys out the ring anyway even if his chin does last a few rounds. People have it in their mind that maybe Wilder can avoid getting caught clean for a few rounds, and all he needs is one shot himself to knock those guys out. Nah man. I mean sure anyone can get a one punch KO if it lands perfect, but you saw both AJ and Klitschko took each other's best shots and got through it multiple times. AJ took the best shots of a 240 pound man, Klitschko took the best shots of a 250 pound man who also happens to be an elite puncher. Wilder is not taking either of those guys punches being outweighed by 15 to 25 pounds in the ring. The only reason Joshua took that right hand and made it through the fight was because of his 10 pound weight advantage and monster neck. If he came in at 225 that shot would have stopped him for sure.

So it's not just about height. In fact I was never interested in Wilder-Parker before, because Parker looked like crap the last few fights and I thought he was way smaller than these guys, but turns out he's just shorter. He's 6'4, but he's over 240 pounds. So now that matchup actually interests me. My point is, at the top of the heavyweight division, there are really only three guys who check all four boxes: skills, power, height, and weight. That's Fury, Joshua, and Klitschko, ranked in that order currently (but only if Fury comes back the same guy). And if he's not too old, Luis Ortiz too.

Wilder on the other hand ticks the height box, and the power box, but not the skills box, and not the weight box. And he also has the worst chin of them all, possibly related to being so much lighter than them.

Wilder would get knocked out by Ortiz, Joshua, and Klitschko, which is why he ducked all of them. And I'm still not 100% convinced they didn't want to avoid Povetkin like the plague, and either they lucked out, or they knew the right strings to pull. But let's not get into that.

Wilder is a paper champion. Simple as that. If he catches anyone perfectly, he might win 1 out of 4 against Klitschko, Joshua, Fury, and Ortiz, but otherwise, even if he catches them good, they will be able to take his punches for awhile. Ironically, when people bring up the idea that "he just needs to land one," the opposite is what's actually true. I think Wilder could land 20 times on those guys, or possibly much more, and they would survive just like Stiverne did, and even faded Arreola did for awhile. But all they need to do is land once, or a couple times, and Wilder will either get KO'd on the spot or get very wobbly, and then they will KO him when he's too wobbly to defend himself.

Wilder-Parker could be interesting though. I think they might be on the same level. My heavyweight rankings would be:

1. Fury
      2. Joshua
      3. Klitschko
      4. King Kong
      5. Povetkin, with the asterisk of whatever is going on his with allegedly failed drug test, but there's a lot of suspicious shenanigans going on with that so until I see proof he cheated, I'll keep him on the list. Plus, King Kong also got busted for PEDs, and the UK boxing board thing is at least trying to say Fury might have tested positive, although maybe that's just to punish him for calling out the Illuminati and all that ****. Who knows man haha. As for the other two, they are probably just smarter about it, while Wilder just conveniently avoids VADA altogether so he doesn't even have to be smart about it, he just has to pass the useless commission tests.

In other words, odds are all are cheating. Ironically enough, the only one who never looked like he had a PED body was Tyson Fury. He was the only one who looked semi-natural, and neither his punching power or speed looked insane and chemically enhanced like some of these other guys. But everyone else on that list just looks like they're on PEDs.

6. Wilder
      7. Parker
      8. Maybe the Mexican who almost beat Parker
      9. Who else is there? Hughie Fury?
      10. Who else? Whyte I guess or did Chisora beat him? Maybe Dominic Breazeale? He's just so slow... Stiverne?

They should do a B+ heavyweight tournament between Chisora, Whyte, Stiverne, and Breazeale. What y'all think? That would be a good tournament in terms of heavyweight ACTION. Heck, include Hughie Fury, Joseph Parker, the Mexican who almost beat him, and Luis Ortiz. Basically the 5 through 10 guys, 8 guys, in a tournament, almost all with all action styles. Not all but most of them. That would be a lot of fun... to watch anyway, lol. What y'all think?

Comment

More locker room talk, it's a sparring match.

Comment

Never heard about KOs but Ali Basheer (sp?) Stewards assistant at the time said in an interview years ago that Wlad was knocking Wilder down in sparring.

Anyway Povetkin, AJ, Tyson and Ortiz would make quick work of Wilder...by far the least skilled worst "champ" out there.

Actually, ill take Usyk over him right now lol. USYK cuts down from 220 for CW, and he is landing on that chin of Wilders 150% and Wilder aint never landing shqt on him.

Comment

Why should get any of this come as as suprise?

Comment

"Nelson, himself a former two division world champion in the sport,"

LOL Oh great journalism Boxingscene.

Anyway, Wilder gets hammered by Wlad and AJ, any time, any place.

Comment

Then AJ should have no problem making that unification fight with Wilder. Lets move on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                  BOXING insider Johnny Nelson claims WBC champion Deontay Wilder was knocked out twice in sparring by Wladimir Klitschko. Nelson, himself a former two division world champion in the sport, made the sensational claim during a discussion about who Anthony Joshua might face next. Joshua added the WBA and IBO heavyweight titles to his IBF mantle with a win against Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium in May.
                  [Click Here To Read More]

https://youtu.be/dzFBzZEk6vo

In the video link above:
                  According to Nelson, Klitschko knocked Wilder out twice in sparring and also dropped him with a body shot
                  That's news to me.

Comment

Another change the subject tactic

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    David Price put AJ to sleep.

I'd rather tell people I was stopped by Vlad than David Price..

Surely this doesn't take away the sting of what Spence did to your boy....
                    WILDER has been protected because his ownmanagement has been aware of these details for years. Wilder is the great black American hope and protecting him is the number one priority. That means keeping him away from:

Povetkin
                    Klitschko
                    Ortiz
                    Pulev

UNTIL its time to cash him out against either JOSHUA or Fury.

Worst champion in history. Wlad knocks him out with a jab.

Comment

Even if its true It was sparring, who cares? I'm sure Wlad was dropped several times as well by other opponents in sparring to. What matters is what the fighters show in the ring without the gear on.

Comment

Working...
                      X