Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell's Uncle Proved Pro Boxer's Chins Are On A Different Level...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and what happens if he hit khan with those punches?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      Chin is the most important aspect of boxing. bar none. Why? Cus you taking on avg 100+ punches to the head in every fight that goes the distance. If you got a glass chin like most people in the World star videos, you would be weeded out in the amateurs.

i guarantee you even someone like Amir Khan has a better chin than 90% of the population.

Andre Dirrell's uncle is about 250 lbs and he sucker punched that dude bare knuckled as flush as he could. and that dude didn't even blink.

That is punishment. I would have to say tho Dirrell's uncle could just be a hoe.
      Who's better, Gabe Rosado or Danny Jacobs?

Comment

Andre Dirrell's uncle is about 250 lbs and he sucker punched that dude bare knuckled as flush as he could. and that dude didn't even blink.
        Leon has no power. If that was me, dude would be sleeping...chin or no chin.

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        Power comes from the foot up to the body threw the hand and then the snap in the wrist
        Nah, power is in the abs and snap (shoulders). Only time you get power from the feet is if both feet are planted or in the case of the left hook you pivot on your left foot and your right foot is flat. Feet is secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
          Your kidding

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
            Your kidding
            One has a sub par chin with world level power, the other has a iron chin and hits like a b1tch.

Who do you pick.

Comment

they both have good chins. that is the base.

if you look on the ATG list. what is the least consistent trait that a fighter can possess? it's a glass chin.

you don't need power.

you don't need speed.

you don't need amazing skills.

you can switch around or combine all 3.

HOWEVER, you need a good chin.

Comment

they both have good chins. that is the base.

if you look on the ATG list. what is the least consistent trait that a fighter can possess? it's a glass chin.

you don't need power.

you don't need speed.

you don't need amazing skills.

you can switch around or combine all 3.

HOWEVER, you need a good chin.
                I'd say this has more to do with how fighters fought during their respective eras than anything. And I can't count too many pillow fisted ATGs either. In today's boxing, you don't necessarily need a good chin to be dominant. We just saw a rather chinny heavyweight dominate the division for 10 years.

And some of the greats had notoriously ****ty chins. Take Willie Pep for instance. The guy got floored in the second round by a guy with 4 kos in his whole career. Willie Pep made it because of his elusive style, more reminiscent of today's boxers. But this style wasn't favored historically, hence why a good chin was more important. Times have changed, and so have styles. Today, I'd bank on elusiveness and speed over a solid chin any day.

..but wait, did you just say Jacobs has a good chin???

Comment

I'd say this has more to do with how fighters fought during their respective eras than anything. And I can't count too many pillow fisted ATGs either. In today's boxing, you don't necessarily need a good chin to be dominant. We just saw a rather chinny heavyweight dominate the division for 10 years.

And some of the greats had notoriously ****ty chins. Take Willie Pep for instance. The guy got floored in the second round by a guy with 4 kos in his whole career. Willie Pep made it because of his elusive style, more reminiscent of today's boxers. But this style wasn't favored historically, hence why a good chin was more important. Times have changed, and so have styles. Today, I'd bank on elusiveness and speed over a solid chin any day.

..but wait, did you just say Jacobs has a good chin???

none of those guys are chinny. Wlad's chin is at least average.

he's never been 1 punched.

Jacobs has a good chin. he took some flush shots from GGG. and only been KOed 1 time.

like i said, most of the pros at the elite level already have good chins.

bad chin is like Amir Khan. he's the only exception to the rule.

Comment

One has a sub par chin with world level power, the other has a iron chin and hits like a b1tch.

Who do you pick.
                    If thats your best assessment of two fighters. Theres nothing i can say to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                      Think he means "turning it over".
                      Yes. Snap in the wrist is an incorrect wat of saying "turning your punches over" ...which is something that happens at the SHOULDER or Elbow. Lots of non-boxers break their hands/wrists doing weird **** like curbing them on contact

Comment

Working...
                      X