Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would fighting mcgregor be the biggest cherry pick of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd would actually gain some respect win or lose If he fought a credible opponent as opposed to fighting a guy who has never fought In a professional boxing match. Klitschko Is a prime example, he gained more respect at 41 years of age and coming off of a loss than he did his entire career. Fans don't care whether you win or lose, they care about the effort you put Into It.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      no it wouldnt....this fight will probably do 3-4 million easy
      people are still arguing this. pac fiends would be ''now lets see how tb'e' does with a healthy manny !!!!''

that angle alone would sell 5 mil. never mind the run for #50

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        tb'e' vs pac 2 would do better numbers
        Think so?

First fight was a huge dissapointment, nobody is calling for a rematch, Pac has no buzz surrounding him ATM.

Conor sells over 2 milli PPV's fighting nobodies in UFC. Obviously boxing is a different sport but I think most UFC fans would tune in regardless.

The general public believes Bruce Lee would crush Mike Tyson so these people are clueless enough to think Conor has a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          people are still arguing this. pac fiends would be ''now lets see how tb'e' does with a healthy manny !!!!''

that angle alone would sell 5 mil. never mind the run for #50
          its like 5 people making that argument..everyone else saw it wasnt even close and have moved on

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
            Think so?

First fight was a huge dissapointment, nobody is calling for a rematch, Pac has no buzz surrounding him ATM.

Conor sells over 2 milli PPV's fighting nobodies in UFC. Obviously boxing is a different sport but I think most UFC fans would tune in regardless.

The general public believes Bruce Lee would crush Mike Tyson so these people are clueless enough to think Conor has a chance
            exactly..there are a lot of idiots who think Connor can beat Floyd..i even had the pleasure of talking to one and he had no idea of what he was talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Seriously Jeff frigging Horn would beat McGregor's ass in a boxing match

For that matter Rod Salka would too

As far as boxing goes McGregor would probably grade out as a low level amateur at his absolute best

The guy doesn't even belong in a boxing ring against the most mediocre boxers in the sport, let alone the best of the generation

That said, I don't blame Floyd at all. Boxing, like anything else is a business. Anything that makes dollars makes sense and regardless of how big of a farce and circus side show this **** is, it's going to generate A LOT of f**king money

Like so many of the motherf**kers who spend all day on here hating fighters and acting like they know what's best for them as they sit there behind their computer screen, I ain't about to hate on Floyd for this...Floyd gonna clean up (once again) when it comes to the $$$ on this

People can trash it all they want but Floyd will be the one laughing all the way to the bank, just like Manny will after he fills up that 55K seat stadium in Brisbane
              i dunno if horn beats up mcbeggor. maybe he doesnt have what it takes to beat the mays of the sport but id p[lace a bet on him vs horn.

and i agree (and did so in that thread)....its a business ''fight''. what i think is enraging us fans is theyre trying to sell it off as being a legit fight.

dont take us for fools. dont piss on us and say its raining.
              Last edited by Elroy The Great; 05-18-2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                Floyd would actually gain some respect win or lose If he fought a credible opponent as opposed to fighting a guy who has never fought In a professional boxing match. Klitschko Is a prime example, he gained more respect at 41 years of age and coming off of a loss than he did his entire career. Fans don't care whether you win or lose, they care about the effort you put Into It.
                all he did his entire career was fight top fighters and all fans did was b1tch and moan..so why the **** would he care how they feel now?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  its like 5 people making that argument..everyone else saw it wasnt even close and have moved on
                  it would start shlt up in no time. every exiled pac fiend would come back and rage out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                    Think so?

the hype would be ''can may beat a ''healthy'' pac'' and then the whole 50-0 thing.

conor doesnt stand a chance

Comment

After looking It up and from what I can tell, unless I am missing something, Mcgregor Isn't anywhere near 2 million PPV buys. His highest was 1.6 million.

Pre UFC 205, McGregor owned three of the top four UFC PPV events in history: UFC 202, UFC 196 vs Nate Diaz (1.6 million, No.2) and UFC 194 vs Jose Aldo (1.2 million, =No.4). Those events were split only by the historic UFC 100 event (1.6 million, No.3)

Comment

Working...
                      X