Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: The Critics Can Talk - But I'm The King of 175!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen a fight thread of him here since some 14 15 months, is he really fighting anyone?

Comment

The guy has just been following the typical script of Haymon who is fond of showcase fights, if you haven't noticed through the years. Then fight tough opposition every once in a blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        It wasn't a 50/50 split. It was a 75/25 split. There's a big difference.
        Wrong.

http://www.**********.com/pag/article.php?aid=27814

The winner of this purse bid will have an advantage over the other promoter in terms of determining the date, place and television network for the light heavyweight showdown. Each group will split the bid equally on a 50-50 basis.

Don't let the color of the fighters skin cloud your judgement.
        i'm the whitest mother****er you'll ever meet. super super pale jew. you're an idiot.

Comment

Adonis Stevenson is truly the personification of everything that is wrong with the PBC. He's an embarrassment to the sport. Thankfully his time is almost up.

Comment

Would be nice to hear Adonis say the same thing Andy Lee says, "If next fight is not big or meaningful, I won't fight again!"

Comment

why do posters say Stevenson ducked kov but don't say kov ducked him as well?????

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                why do posters say Stevenson ducked kov but don't say kov ducked him as well?????

They have done, and in this thread no less. Problem is, even taking the purse bid into account, Stevenson still could've fought Kovalev and he once again swerved the fight.

It's not even worth getting riled up about at this point. Stevenson's ducking and cherrypicking have rendered him entirely irrelevant at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
                  It's not even worth getting riled up about at this point. Stevenson's ducking and cherrypicking have rendered him entirely irrelevant at this point.
                  But he's not ducking anyone. Hopkins blatantly ducked him. Kovalev blatantly ducked him.

He knocked out Bellew and then Bellew went on to win the WBC cruiserweight championship and then become a top contender at heavyweight.

Stevenson is the light heavyweight kingpin, which is an inconvenient truth for HBO. So HBO has spent two years now perpetuating anti-Stevenson propaganda to try to convince fans that Ward vs Kovalev was some sort of ultimate light heavyweight showdown, even though every logical person knows that Stevenson-Kovalev was the real fight for supremacy.

HBO paid Kovalev to duck Stevenson and then went on a campaign to smear Stevenson. A lot of people fell for it because a lot of people are stupid. No different than people who voted for Trump even though they'll lose their healthcare because of it.

People believe what they're told to believe regardless of the truth. You see it here on this site every day. Kovalev, when he was a television free agent, and Stevenson's mandatory with a 50/50 split, blatantly ducked the fight. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                    Stop yapping and get rid of Haymon!

He's done you no favors in terms of legacy or resume for you as a fighter!

Yvon Michel was all on aboard with the Stevenson vs Kovalev fight on HBO till Haymon put his hands in the pot and made Adonis sell his soul and legacy for money!

I mean he could've fought Beterbiev which should've been the easiest fight to make!

He fights Tommy Karpenter, an ancient super middleweight, a prospect in Thomas Jr., and now fighting a Fonfara who got blasted by a union worker and who was getting outboxed badly by a washed up Chad Dawson!

I've seen that My Low Place guy online, the guy has to be Stevenson's cup carrier or his 2nd cousin cuz he always gives the benefit of The doubt to this man and gives everyone else blame!

Kov and Ward are fighting again

Smith Jr will be fighting Barrera

Pascal is fighting Stevenson's mandatory, can't make this stuff up!

Kov giving Stevenson the middle finger in his face when he interrupted the REAL champs interview was classic!
                    Did someone saw Stevenson yapping, I don't see that, I just see someone saying he doesn't care about what haters has to yap.
                    And about when Stevenson accepted the offer from Showtime, Kovalev had the WBO, which is the only belt "not required" to become Undisputed Champion. Hopkins already had the IBF and was in line to grab the WBA from Shumenov hands. Hopkins vs Stevenson was the combinaison to become Undisputed.
                    But let's not forget in mid-March to mid-May 2015, Kovalev had no contract with HBO, which is exactly when they rejected the 1st purse bid to fight Stevenson; team Duva were bluffing all along. Most fans got tricked by them, Kovalev team were using the name of Stevenson over & over, each time they had the feeling Kovalev hype was fading....

If we get back to Hopkins move, Pops was not ready to give Stevenson such chance "Undisputed recognition", he jumped ship from Showtime to HBO. No surprise about his karma, the sport fired him by ending up his beautiful career with his first KO loss, ejected out of the ring.
                    You came up with Kovalev middle finger story, let's put it this way; what's classic in that? The classic part of this event is what Kovalev did right after that.
                    Look, you call the guy out, you claim you want his belt, you make some funny noise to entertain the crowd and when the other dude jumps into the ring, you act like;
                    Fv*k, I don't really want to promote that fight over a real (face-to-face) LIVE on HBO, I was just acting man, you killed my piece of shine; F-U Stevenson...
                    As we all know, Kovalev walked away; Wasn't that sad?
                    Last edited by TheThirdEye; 05-16-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
                      Did someone saw Stevenson yapping, I don't see that, I just see someone saying he doesn't care about what haters has to yap.
                      And about when Stevenson accepted the offer from Showtime, Kovalev had the WBO, which is the only belt "not required" to become Undisputed Champion. Hopkins already had the IBF and was in line to grab the WBA from Shumenov hands. Hopkins vs Stevenson was the combinaison to become Undisputed.
                      But let's not forget in mid-March to mid-May 2015, Kovalev had no contract with HBO, which is exactly when they rejected the 1st purse bid to fight Stevenson; team Duva were bluffing all along. Most fans got tricked by them, Kovalev team were using the name of Stevenson over & over, each time they had the feeling Kovalev hype was fading....

If we get back to Hopkins move, Pops was not ready to give Stevenson such chance "Undisputed recognition", so the sport fired him by ending up his beautiful career with his first KO loss, ejected out of the ring.
                      You came up with Kovalev middle finger story, let's put it this way; what's classic in that? The classic part of this event is what Kovalev did right after that.
                      Look, you call the guy out, you claim you want his belt, you make some funny noise to entertain the crowd and when the other dude jumps into the ring, you act like;
                      Fv*k, I don't really want to promote that fight over a real (face-to-face) LIVE on HBO, I was just acting man, you killed my piece of shine; F-U Stevenson...
                      As we all know, Kovalev walked away; Wasn't that sad?
                      You baby handful of Stevenson fans have the nerves to talk about Kov ducking him and walking away when the man's own damned promoter even said out his own mouth that when Stevenson jumped ship from an HBO Stevenson vs Kovalev unification fight in the original negotiations was very surprising since he wasn't notified till last minute and was a chance at another belt, scalp on resume, and good money!

He did that crap for the money now he's yapping, yes like I said once again, hes yapping like a Yukmouth on the other side of left field playing throw and catch with his career with Al Haymon!

We have yet to hear if he wants to fight Badou Jack!

If Smith Jr wanted more money then give him more money then knock his ass out! That's how boxing works you embryo of embiciles!

Not let these fights go and say you want to fight winner of Ward Kov but didn't fight either man in the first place!

You and My Low Place are Team Stevenson's late replacement sparring partners no doubt!

Comment

Working...
                      X