Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: The Critics Can Talk - But I'm The King of 175!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's actually right. he's THE MAN WHO BEAT THE LINEAL MAN(chad dawson)

Comment

You have to fight the fights to be the King. Ward and Kovalev are both ahead of him.

Comment

Adonis - King of Irrelevancy and Comedy! Just like Wilder..pathetic multiyear title reign spent avoiding top competition like the plague! Both under Haymon..what a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Despite his own promoter admitting they jumped ship to Showtime to fight Hopkins when the Kovalev fight was almost made?
          HBO had the right of last refusal and refused to match the deal. Hopkins was the bigger fight and Hopkins had more belts, so Stevenson went for Hopkins.

But years later, when Kovalev was Stevenson's mandatory and Stevenson agreed to fight him with a 50/50 split of the money, Kovalev blatantly ducked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            Stop yapping and get rid of Haymon!

He's done you no favors in terms of legacy or resume for you as a fighter!

Yvon Michel was all on aboard with the Stevenson vs Kovalev fight on HBO till Haymon put his hands in the pot and made Adonis sell his soul and legacy for money!

I mean he could've fought Beterbiev which should've been the easiest fight to make!

He fights Tommy Karpenter, an ancient super middleweight, a prospect in Thomas Jr., and now fighting a Fonfara who got blasted by a union worker and who was getting outboxed badly by a washed up Chad Dawson!

I've seen that My Low Place guy online, the guy has to be Stevenson's cup carrier or his 2nd cousin cuz he always gives the benefit of The doubt to this man and gives everyone else blame!

Kov and Ward are fighting again

Smith Jr will be fighting Barrera

Pascal is fighting Stevenson's mandatory, can't make this stuff up!

Kov giving Stevenson the middle finger in his face when he interrupted the REAL champs interview was classic!
            as if there is a prize in fightin barrera on an undercard...dude foh
            barrera is 0-1 vs top 10 guys
            fonfara is 3-1 vs top 10 guys
            joe smith is about to be 1-1 the flukes are over

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
              HBO had the right of last refusal and refused to match the deal. Hopkins was the bigger fight and Hopkins had more belts, so Stevenson went for Hopkins.

But years later, when Kovalev was Stevenson's mandatory and Stevenson agreed to fight him with a 50/50 split of the money, Kovalev blatantly ducked him.
              It wasn't a 50/50 split. It was a 75/25 split. There's a big difference. Probably bigger than the difference which Stevenson own team admitted they dodged Kovalev to fight Hopkins on Showtime for.

Also it's worth noting at the point of the 75/25 split Kovalev had an exclusive HBO contract and Stevenson wasn't fighting on HBO.

Stevenson's terrible competition and lack of fights outside Canada and inability to make fights with Pascal, Hopkins and others compared to Kovalev's ability to fight those two, fight unification's, go to opponents backyards, fight a super god and in this boards view one of the g.o.a.t's in the unbeatable Ward suggests who is more likely to duck.

Don't let the color of the fighters skin cloud your judgement.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 05-16-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Im bookmarking all of these, playa.
                I was hoping somebody would... i truly want to become a better man!

Comment

Dude has been ducking his mandatory for 1.5 years and fighting bums. King of what exactly? You can make a legit argument that he's not even in Top5 of his division and is just a paper belt holder.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
                    I was hoping somebody would... i truly want to become a better man!
                    I gotchu fam. I'm all for pushing people to become better human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMan93 View Post
                      I'm so split on my opinion of Stevenson. On one hand, I kinda despise the guy. He keeps making these claims without having fought anybody decent since winning the title. (Fonfara is ok). His title run is so garbage its not even funny. And its been 4 years!! But on the other hand, Stevenson vs. any top 10 LHW is a match that I really wanna see. I'm hoping Kovalev beats Ward because I think that will be a great fight. Two big power punchers. That fight excites me as much as the build up to Kovalev-Ward did. And as much as I liked that fight and think Ward is a better boxer than Stevenson, I think the Kovalev-Stevenson fight would be much better. If Kovalev loses, I don't think we will ever see that fight. Stevenson will just say he won't fight him because he doesn't have any titles.
                      It still can be made after Ward beats them both but the only problem is Stevenson turned Hopkins, Ward and kovalev all down already....so what does that say about Adonis?

Comment

Working...
                      X