Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Couldn't Hurt Chavez or Cotto - He Won't Hurt GGG!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    Well Yea HBO needs Canelo more than GGG
    True that.

Folks around here are saying that it's just a built-in excuse, but come on though, we're all well versed on how this thing works.

If it's a close fight common sense says that it's pretty much beneficial to any and everybody (HBO and the sport of boxing in general) that Canelo gets the nod. How old is Gennady? 35? 36? Canelo's 26 and has been positioned to be THE face of the sport. 3G on the other hand is on the doorstep of the upper 30's.

Just like Gennady got the benefit of the doubt against Jacobs, to keep the Canelo dream fight alive, if anybody gets the benefit of the doubt in this fight it'll be Canelo.

That's not an excuse it's just how this boxing thing typically works.

Comment

Anyone want to explain how Canelo is rated the best middleweight in the Ring magazine rag? His biggest accomplishment at middleweight was beating an old Cotto at 155 lbs then throwing the middleweight title away to avoid fighting even one middleweight at 160 lbs!!! What a load of baloney and only reinforces the belief that Dela Hoya has created nothing more than a media boxing star. For those that say Canelo can outbox or out punch Golovkin, WAKE UP!! He pounded on Chavez for 12 rounds and just exhausted himself. Won't surprise me if GGG gets him out of there in less than 5 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
        Anyone want to explain how Canelo is rated the best middleweight in the Ring magazine rag? His biggest accomplishment at middleweight was beating an old Cotto at 155 lbs then throwing the middleweight title away to avoid fighting even one middleweight at 160 lbs!!! What a load of baloney and only reinforces the belief that Dela Hoya has created nothing more than a media boxing star. For those that say Canelo can outbox or out punch Golovkin, WAKE UP!! He pounded on Chavez for 12 rounds and just exhausted himself. Won't surprise me if GGG gets him out of there in less than 5 rounds
        Oscar owns Ring Mag.

Any more questions?

Comment

If Canelo can withstand GGG for the entire full rounds, he is likely to win on points. None of the WW has been able to hurt Canelo so far. Canelo speed, defence and uppercuts will be key to his victory.

Comment

He doesn't need to hurt him. He just needs to get him to respect his power so he doesn't just get walked down and beat on. Canelos counter punching in the middle of the ring will be key. He has faster hands and reaction time than GGG so if he lands a quality counter early he'll be able to get him to respect his power. I am sure this fight will have ebbs and flows with each man having his moments. That's what happens when the best fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate keeper View Post
              Are you on your period or something? Stop getting in your feelings like a little b*tch. Calm down and try remembering that an insult is not a counter argument. I hope you don't change to an alt after the fight out of embarrassment once you see for yourself everything I've said is true.
              Shut up b itch! Your just a dumb **** who loves to suck g string's balls and don't know shet about boxing.
              Saying Canelo doesn't have a chance of winning the fight. How stupid can you possibly be?? This is a very close fight that either one can win but your so blinded by g string's nutts slapping against your chin that you can't see that.
              Either that or your just that ****ing stupid... Probably both!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                Shut up b itch! Your just a dumb **** who loves to suck g string's balls and don't know shet about boxing.
                Saying Canelo doesn't have a chance of winning the fight. How stupid can you possibly be?? This is a very close fight that either one can win but your so blinded by g string's nutts slapping against your chin that you can't see that.
                Either that or your just that ****ing stupid... Probably both!
                You are obviously a big Canelo fan , but dont let uour fanatism blind you. Everything the guy said is right on point , and your cointer argument is to resort to name calling ?
                I have been watching boxing longer than you have been alive and I can tell you , that all things been equal , Canelo makes it out of the ring laid out on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  True that.

Folks around here are saying that it's just a built-in excuse, but come on though, we're all well versed on how this thing works.

If it's a close fight common sense says that it's pretty much beneficial to any and everybody (HBO and the sport of boxing in general) that Canelo gets the nod. How old is Gennady? 35? 36? Canelo's 26 and has been positioned to be THE face of the sport. 3G on the other hand is on the doorstep of the upper 30's.

Just like Gennady got the benefit of the doubt against Jacobs, to keep the Canelo dream fight alive, if anybody gets the benefit of the doubt in this fight it'll be Canelo.

That's not an excuse it's just how this boxing thing typically works.
                  Agreed that's how it is in boxing.

I could see the samething happening to Pacquiao, if he fights one of these young welterweights

If Pacquiao fights Crawford, don't be surprised if Crawford gets the decision

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    I'm not at all sure that's true - they do different things well, Canelo's better on the counter has quicker hands and maybe throws better combos when he lets his hands go (though that's debatable - we haven't seen to much of it recently, but Gennady has showed off some really good combo punching against his earlier opponents). Golovkin has better footwork and a better jab - some may disagree but I also think Golovkin is the more intelligent, cerebral fighter.

For me though it's the stamina and output that may well prove the difference here, both are highly accurate, but Golovkins typically a 60 - 70 punch a round guy, Canelo's typically a 40 odd punch a round guy and even then he often seems to need to take a breather. For Canelo to win he really needs to slow the pace of the fight down to something he's comfortable with. If he can't do that I can't see how he can win.

Jacobs managed it somewhat with sustained and aggressive counter attacks but that ain't really Canelos style and I'm unconvinced he would last if he tried it. It's telling to me that Golovkin and Canelo both threw and landed almost an identical number of shots in their last fights, but Canelo was doing it against a lackluster, unskilled Jr who was barely throwing back and still got tired, whereas Golovkin did the same numbers under a storm of return fire, against a more elusive opponent.

Anyways, this **** will get decided in the ring in September and all our predictions are basically meaningless. Just glad this ish got made. May the best guy win.
                    good breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
                      he hurt cotto multiple times and chavez is austistic them dudes dont feel shit.
                      Lil Floyd had Cotto hurt than Canelito.

GGift is going to mangle his ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X