No announcement yet.

Please Explain How Canelo Is More Skilled Than GGG? LMAO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    not impressed. especially all those flush shots shop worn lil Cotto took without getting dropped.

That actually tells me Canelo's handspeed is not that fast. if he was faster he'd be able to drop people more often.
    You asked for an example as to why folks are saying Alvarez is more skilled than Golovkin, examples come forward (showing Alvarez firing his shot, still being defensively aware, answering on the counter, and putting together his shots in bunches), and your tact is to then immediately try to shift things to asking about how big a puncher Alvarez is? lol

Golovkin's not going to KO Alvarez, and as the fight becomes a battle of skill for skill, My eyes are going with the fighter that's shown more ability than pushing forward with a jab and throwing heavy shots from midrange.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Set Traps? Against who? Khan? The guy that stepped traps all his life. A chinny Kirkland? A face first angulo?
      Did you watch the Khan fight? Saul Alvarez set up that bait shot at leats 2-3 rounds in advance of when he actually delivered it, lol.

Comment

He technically doesn't have to be more skilled to win. The guy who is more skillful doesn't always win, there could be other factors at play, like age (the more skilled guy is too old), style, who's more experienced at the top level, activity, who's faced more adversity in their boxing career, maybe a fighter plateaued/showed his best already while the less skilled guy is still learning on the job and the night of the fight he just happens to bring his best. Forrest-Mayorga, Froch-Bute, Maidana-Broner, Hopkins-Smith Jr, some of the fights that come to mind where the more skilled guy lost for one reason or the other.

GGG will look stiff in there, I can already see it. Canelo's movement will look superior compared to the way GGG moves and people will say it's age to protect his "legacy".

Canelo vs GGG will join the group of fights where the "less skilled" fighter beat the more skilled fighter. But anyone who sees their styles and opponents know it won't be a surprise for them. Sig it, bookmark it with the intentions of poking fun at me in the morning of September 17th. But warning, you won't get to use it, you will delete it off your bookmarks and sig because Canelo will win a hardfought 12 round decision.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
          GGG's footwork and jab is going to eat canelo up and trap him, hes going to make him uncomfortable but unable to escape because of his slow feet. Canelo can also move his head all he wants the body is still there to be hit once hes cornered against the ropes. And he will get cornered all night because his footwork is inferior to GGG. he probably will land some nice shots on GGG throughout the fight but not enough to keep him off.
          ... Alvarez doesn't have a style that calls for all that much movement, tbh; if he can get the fighter to come to him, he's shown that he has the ability to pick the shots and fire his own nasty offense off of the counter. (And Golovkin doesn't really throw off of the counter either)

Golovkin will likely try to jab his way to the midrange, Alvarez will move his feet enough to get comfortable, and when Golovkin telegraphs those big shots, Alvarez catch-and-shoots the stuff right back to him.

If Alvarez is able to handle Golovkin's power, things could get ugly real quick

Comment

Jab is one of the most fundamental moves of boxing, which GGG has mastered to a level that Canelo seems to be severely lacking.

GGG has superior footwork when it comes to closing the distance and cutting off the ring. Canelo Alvarez on the other hand seems to chase shadows more frequently against boxers with slightly decent enough movement.

GGG simply has the superior fundamental techniques whilst Canelo Alvarez is a more flashy looking flamboyant boxer that looks more impressive than he actually is. GGG's defensive movements AND offensive movements are far more subtle but at the very least, equally as effective if not more than the more flamboyant flashy looking movements of Canelo Alvarez.

Also, GGG wastes very little energy compared to Canelo Alvarez. Those flashy and flamboyant movement from Canelo Alvarez may look more 'technical' or impressive, but they also burn a lot more energy. Thus, they aren't better technically as GGG is just as effective or more but uses up less energy. So GGG's technique is far more energy conserving whilst Canelo Alvarez is less and that's why Canelo is lazier and fights in small bursts whilst GGG can be far more active with a higher work rate.

Comment

nope. computer stats don't tell the story.

the reality tells the story

sparkkling clean white face.
              Yet Golovkin was so undamaged that he wanted no part of heading back to the gym, and walked away from the major fight that he was supposed to take home to Kazakhstan as a tickover. lol

Comment

Kell Brook is more skilled than Canelo Alvarez with even faster looking hand and foot speed and we all saw what happened to him.

Canelo Alvarez will suffer a similar fate as Kell Brook. In fact, put Kell Brook in the ring with Canelo Alvarez and Kell Brook likely boxes Canelo's head off and then gets robbed in the score cards.

GGG destroyed Kell Brook whilst Canelo Alvarez went life and death against a past his best old Miguel Cotto. Against similar caliber of opposition, GGG has done much better. Thus, I am more prone to go with GGG on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  He technically doesn't have to be more skilled to win. The guy who is more skillful doesn't always win, there could be other factors at play, like age (the more skilled guy is too old), style, who's more experienced at the top level, activity, who's faced more adversity in their boxing career, maybe a fighter plateaued/showed his best already while the less skilled guy is still learning on the job and the night of the fight he just happens to bring his best. Forrest-Mayorga, Froch-Bute, Maidana-Broner, Hopkins-Smith Jr, some of the fights that come to mind where the more skilled guy lost for one reason or the other.

GGG will look stiff in there, I can already see it. Canelo's movement will look superior compared to the way GGG moves and people will say it's age to protect his "legacy".

Canelo vs GGG will join the group of fights where the "less skilled" fighter beat the more skilled fighter. But anyone who sees their styles and opponents know it won't be a surprise for them. Sig it, bookmark it with the intentions of poking fun at me in the morning of September 17th. But warning, you won't get to use it, you will delete it off your bookmarks and sig because Canelo will win a hardfought 12 round decision.
                  Canelo is not less skilled than GGG. I agree with the result, I think Canelo wins, but you also can't tell me that GGG is more skilful.

Comment

They are both highly skilled, this back and forth "Canelo/Golovkin is wayyy more skilled, Canelo/Golovkin is a bum" is ridiculous. The disrespect world class fighters get here is crazy. You cant deny the skill of either of these guys. I get critiquing them about fighters they choose to face, shit like that but damn its gone full blown Forrest Gump around here when you are claiming long reigning world champions and or multi division champions are skilless/trash/bums.

Comment

I'll wait...
                      Here I go with 5 reasons:

1-He can make everyone of his fights a catchweight
                      2- see number 1
                      3- see first 2 answers
                      4- keep going to number 1
                      5- All of the above

And those are my reasons.

Comment

Working...