Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way they climb off canvas is even different.

Ali seemed to climb off canvas immediate!y after decked as if he got their by accident

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      The way they climb off canvas is even different.

Ali seemed to climb off canvas immediate!y after decked as if he got their by accident
      Wlad would have leveled Ali with that kind of punch. What did ali actually do better than him but stay at distance from his opponets to tire them out?

ali had to defeat a 205 pounder who gave him hell in HIS day...get real...lol

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        If Joshua wins more than 3 fights in a row and fights decent competition I will be shocked. He has major flaws. It's possible Wlad looked so good because Joshua is only good not great.

Name me a hw with no flaws I'll wait.. the fact that Joshua keeps getting better each fight proves we still haven't seen his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          That's quite possible...in fact it's probably quite probable.

I picked Wlad to win because i felt he could do what he did do in the fight. It wasn't enough, so i give credit to Joshua for that and the win.

The thing is though, i didn't pick Wlad because i think he's still that good, i picked him because i don't think Joshua is that great. I picked Fury over Wlad after i saw the Jennings fight. Nobody can convince me that at 41 Wlad is a better fighter than then and after a lay-off. It's just not possible.

As i say, full credit for the win but the hype is unreal. Really, not many fighters would be getting credit for going life and death with a 41 year old coming off a loss and hadn't fought since 2015, so it's quite baffling the amount of praise the win is getting in the media and boxing world. I'm not saying it isn't a good win but it's not like he's just dethroned a mid 30's Wlad that's dominating the HW scene.
          LOL talking out of both sides of your mouth. A lot of people do that when they picked the wrong guy to win!

I'm not sure Wlad is some ordinary 41 year old. He's a physical giant who doesn't need to protect some kinda tremendous athletic skills from the ravages of age, like a Floyd does. He's a jab n' grabber who can do it all day long, like he always did. The 41 year old version isn't different from the 31 year old version.

Hell, as his own brother Vitali said, that was Wlad's best fight in his career.

Props to Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
            LOL talking out of both sides of your mouth. A lot of people do that when they picked the wrong guy to win!
            Well go check some of my old posts if you can be bothered. I said a long time ago i want and think Wlad might win but i'll give Joshua full credit if he does and will consider it a good win, which i still do. I think Klitschko still beats most heavyweights even at 41, so it has to be considered a good win.

It might have been one of Wlad's better performances when you weigh up all the circumstances involved, where he's at in his career, age etc.. That's why he got so much credit for the performance. That's not the same as saying it is the best version of Wladimir Klitschko. There's just no way he is better at 41 than at 35 and active. He quite obviously isn't the fighter he used to be.

I like Fury and picked him to win and as much as i believe Fury's style would have been hard for any version of Wlad win or lose, i still believe Wlad was pretty much done when Fury beat him too.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-04-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

No

Fury is

Comment

The most ****** thread

Comment

Ali wasnt that special. He's popular because of all the political BS and trash talk but he lost his amount of fights too and looked like garbage plenty of times. Over the past 25 years, there are plenty of HWs that can beat him.

The question is, what era does Joshua-Ali fight in? In Ali's era, training and vitamins weren't as good as they are today (Joshua era). The human body is taken care of differently now and trainers/nutrionists know much more than they did back then.

Tough question but i think Ali loses a decent amount of fights against certain HW. That staying on the ropes crap wouldn't work today

Comment

When Joshua has cleaned out the HW division had 30+ bouts then we can start talking about possibly using the term Great, but he'll never be the Greatest there only one. Ali was" The Greatest". Sugar Ray Robinson is the GOAT P4P.

Comment

Muhammad Ali vs Today's Trainers and Nutrionist

Ali fought some of the best of all time, that was just the time era of a lot of great HW fighters Liston(IBHOF inductee), Frazier(IBHOF inductee), Foreman(IBHOF inductee), Norton(IBHOF inductee), Quarry, Lyle, Shavers, etc were in their prime. During his prime he lost 2 fights, Frazier (redeemed twice)and Norton whom he beat (redeemed twice). He only lost 3 more when he was way past his prime to Spinks (redeemed next fight), to another great Champion Holmes(IBHOF inductee) and to Berbick. Holmes and Berbick were the only 2 losses that he didn't redeem against as it was the last two of his long Great career. His 2nd Tier (of that era) bouts were with Ellis (WBA HW Champ), Patterson(former HW Champ-IBHOF inductee), Mathis, Foster(perennial LHW Champion IBHOF inductee), Cleveland Williams, Bonavena and L.Spinks. This 2nd tier all of whom could be Champions today. So how does this class of Champions and Hall of Fame members stand up to today's boxers? It s not the records that count it is the class of the opponents fought that counts more". Angelo Dundee is a IBHOF Trainer, I'll take him and Ali and you can have Joshua all the strength coaches, trainers, nutritionist and vitamins you want.

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                      Ali wasnt that special. He's popular because of all the political BS and trash talk but he lost his amount of fights too and looked like garbage plenty of times. Over the past 25 years, there are plenty of HWs that can beat him. The question is, what era does Joshua-Ali fight in? In Ali's era, training and vitamins weren't as good as they are today (Joshua era). The human body is taken care of differently now and trainers/nutrionists know much more than they did back then.

Tough question but i think Ali loses a decent amount of fights against certain HW. That staying on the ropes crap wouldn't work today

Comment

Working...
                      X