Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunpowdergreg View Post
    Ali fought some of the best of all time, that was just the time era of a lot of great HW fighters Liston(IBHOF inductee), Frazier(IBHOF inductee), Foreman(IBHOF inductee), Norton(IBHOF inductee), Quarry, Lyle, Shavers, etc were in their prime. During his prime he lost 2 fights, Frazier (redeemed twice)and Norton whom he beat (redeemed twice). He only lost 3 more when he was way past his prime to Spinks (redeemed next fight), to another great Champion Holmes(IBHOF inductee) and to Berbick. Holmes and Berbick were the only 2 losses that he didn't redeem against as it was the last two of his long Great career. His 2nd Tier (of that era) bouts were with Ellis (WBA HW Champ), Patterson(former HW Champ-IBHOF inductee), Mathis, Foster(perennial LHW Champion IBHOF inductee), Cleveland Williams, Bonavena and L.Spinks. This 2nd tier all of whom could be Champions today. So how does this class of Champions and Hall of Fame members stand up to today's boxers? It s not the records that count it is the class of the opponents fought that counts more". Angelo Dundee is a IBHOF Trainer, I'll take him and Ali and you can have Joshua all the strength coaches, trainers, nutritionist and vitamins you want.

Ok. You can have the rope a dope and get punched all night

Comment

I joined boxingscene.com because I thought here there would be intelligent and informed boxing fans here to converse with, boy was I wrong. From this thread I see that there are more informed boxing fans and historians on Yahoo Answers.

Comment

Say what you want about him he's getting it done and becoming a star.

A lot of americans are jealous of that.

Its ok guys, one day you'll have a big star again who's entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by NakiFan View Post
          Say what you want about him he's getting it done and becoming a star.

A lot of americans are jealous of that.

Its ok guys, one day you'll have a big star again who's entertaining.
          You're projecting your envy of Americans

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
            Ali wasnt that special. He's popular because of all the political BS and trash talk but he lost his amount of fights too and looked like garbage plenty of times. Over the past 25 years, there are plenty of HWs that can beat him.

The question is, what era does Joshua-Ali fight in? In Ali's era, training and vitamins weren't as good as they are today (Joshua era). The human body is taken care of differently now and trainers/nutrionists know much more than they did back then.

Tough question but i think Ali loses a decent amount of fights against certain HW. That staying on the ropes crap wouldn't work today
            Vitamins??!!! Hahahaha, nice one, that really made my day. I think I might get myself some of those 'vitamins' as well.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Wlad would have leveled Ali with that kind of punch. What did ali actually do better than him but stay at distance from his opponets to tire them out?

ali had to defeat a 205 pounder who gave him hell in HIS day...get real...lol

That mummy couldn't hit Ali with rice at a wedding.

Ali got hit by way bigger punchers than Vlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kosta View Post
                No

Fury is
                No

Fury is not

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                  Both black and ******s?
                  Better than anybody ya'll can produce

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                    Ali wasnt that special. He's popular because of all the political BS and trash talk but he lost his amount of fights too and looked like garbage plenty of times. Over the past 25 years, there are plenty of HWs that can beat him.

The question is, what era does Joshua-Ali fight in? In Ali's era, training and vitamins weren't as good as they are today (Joshua era). The human body is taken care of differently now and trainers/nutrionists know much more than they did back then.

Tough question but i think Ali loses a decent amount of fights against certain HW. That staying on the ropes crap wouldn't work today
                    Ali would whip AJ while eating a pizza between wounds.

Joshua would be a ring card girl in Ali's era....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Better than anybody ya'll can produce
                      Yeah I guess decades of breeding the biggest slaves with each other would have you people with the biggest athletes today.

Comment

Working...
                      X