Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the bigger star: Canelo or Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like Joshua has more upside at this point. He's got potential big matches approaching: A rematch with Wlad, matches with Fury, Wilder. After Glolovkin I don't see the same opportunities ahead for Canelo, who might well lose to Golovkin anyway. Who's he got besides Golovkin's leftovers in Lemieux, Jacobs?

Comment

good question...Canelo is more popular now but Joshua fights in the flagship division and most casuals tend to follow HWs more than the other classes

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        Attendance don't mean anything, Joshua would still be great if he we're fighting just in Vegas. Look at Floyd, legendary icon... didn't need such an attendance to prove his skills.

Damn we miss Floyd...
        Attendance means nothing. Canelo/Chavez could easily draw 90k if they wanted. But there is reason why Floyd the biggest draw ever fought exclusively in Vegas in small 10K seating venues. Because Vegas is where the money is and they pay more money for the fights. They pay large sums for the rights, they jack up the ticket prices to lure celebs and high rollers to spend money at their casisons. That's why these fights have larger live gates and generate more money then fights in football stadiums. Canelo drew 52k fans at cowboy stadium to see him fight an unknown fighter that has never fought on American or Mexican TV before. Cowboy Stadium was willing to pay a lot for Chavez and they could of filled 90K but Vegas pays more so that's why they landed the fight in a 20k arena. It's about revenue not attendance.

Comment

Joshua IMO. He is a HWT and a dominant HWT champion is a much better bet to be the biggest star in the sport.

Comment

Tough call. I think Canelo could start being bigger tomorrow if he just did more interviews & media in English. Meanwhile Joshua is making every right move possible, but the reality at HW is it can all come crashing down tomorrow with a brutal KO loss or two. Sure that could happen at Caneloweight, but its far less likely. So I suppose my cop out answer, but legit answer would be Joshua will reach bigger heights & Canelo will be a bigger star for a longer period of time. So in other words if we could measure their total revenue generating ability over their entire careers they'd probably be pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
              I feel like Joshua has more upside at this point. He's got potential big matches approaching: A rematch with Wlad, matches with Fury, Wilder. After Glolovkin I don't see the same opportunities ahead for Canelo, who might well lose to Golovkin anyway. Who's he got besides Golovkin's leftovers in Lemieux, Jacobs?
              Canelo has more options you are only looking at fighters at 160 ignoring the fact that every top fighter 2 weight classes above or below Canelo are all begging to fight him. Khan and Chavez are not in his weight classes but both were willing to move up or down just to fight him and will move weight to do it. Canelo literally has the pick of the litter to choose from at 147, 154, 160, 168. And there will ALWAYS be a new boogeyman that pops up after he beats GGG. Joshua has really 2 names Wilder and Fury once he fights both there is nothing left at Heavyweight.

Comment

If AJ continues to fight and win against the big names, he will reignite the fire for the HW division. Meanwhile, Cantnelo will continue to fight his safe fights @ catch weights & moo like the cash cow that he is for Oscar. The potential for AJ to be huge is real.

Comment

Candelita is finished after Sat

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Canelo has more options you are only looking at fighters at 160 ignoring the fact that every top fighter 2 weight classes above or below Canelo are all begging to fight him. Khan and Chavez are not in his weight classes but both were willing to move up or down just to fight him and will move weight to do it. Canelo literally has the pick of the litter to choose from at 147, 154, 160, 168. And there will ALWAYS be a new boogeyman that pops up after he beats GGG. Joshua has really 2 names Wilder and Fury once he fights both there is nothing left at Heavyweight.
                    Lol, he just rejected the WBC belt so he wouldn't become lil g's mandatory if he wins. That diva will NEVER step in the ring with lil g, NEVER

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Joshua IMO. He is a HWT and a dominant HWT champion is a much better bet to be the biggest star in the sport.

and he speaks English...unless you're Manny or Floyd, you need to know how to speak English

Comment

Working...
                      X