Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Plans To Chin-Check Spence: He Never Felt Power Like Mine!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure he will. I can't wait to see what Spence is made of.

If I had to pick now, I say Spence weathers an early storm and breaks him down with those body shots late. Brook is no joke though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
      Spence has a lot to lose here... Expectations have been raised thru the roof, Anything short of a win will be devestating. IF he gets stunned or hurt expect the "Glass Jaw" label to be placed on his head.
      You have to give him respect for taking this fight. He isn't fucking around.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
        I'm also curious to see what happens when that "Chocolate Brownie" that lifted GEE off his feet hits Spence on the chin...
        the only chocolate brownie involved in this fight will be the one in the back of Brooks trunks when his bowels involuntarily let go from Brook being knocked cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
          I'm sure he will. I can't wait to see what Spence is made of.

If I had to pick now, I say Spence weathers an early storm and breaks him down with those body shots late. Brook is no joke though.
          Maybe.

I wish there was something in his record to suggest he "is no joke".

He has his work cut out for him.

Can't wait for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
            The power that GGG laughed at?
            Golovkin had bruises all over his face after that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
              Maybe.

I wish there was something in his record to suggest he "is no joke".

He has his work cut out for him.

Can't wait for this one.
              You have some pretty high standards.

He beat Porter and gave a good fight to GGG at Middle. I'm not a big fan of Porter, but as ugly as his style is, he is not an easy guy to beat.

You can also just watch how he fights and know he can handle himself quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                Golovkin had bruises all over his face after that fight.
                GGG walked right through his power and didn't even bother with defense. Same with Shawn Porter. Brook is a really good fighter but it's not like he's Tito Trinidad or something when it comes to punching power. He KO % is nothing special.

Comment

What's funny is people forget how the brook porter fight went down. It was a straight clinch fest that was very close. Brook didn't decisively prove anything in that fight except that he had an understanding of how to use his length, an advantage he won't hold this fight. His power didn't waiver porter and he never gained his respect as porter was attempting to get in his chest all night.

Would love to see how brook responds if he can't hurt Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                    You have some pretty high standards.

He beat Porter and gave a good fight to GGG at Middle. I'm not a big fan of Porter, but as ugly as his style is, he is not an easy guy to beat.

You can also just watch how he fights and know he can handle himself quite well.
                    Yours truly is always cautious about lavishing praise UNTIL the body of work speak for themselves.

Porter will always be a handful for anyone in the WW division. It was a good win for Kell. Close but still a good win.

GGG. Going in Brook was expected to lose and he lost and was saved from an inevitable KO loss by a towel throw. Not sure why this should be a feather in his cap.

This is the same guy that went life and death with career journeyman Carson Jones in their first fight!!

For someone who has been a pro as long as he has the resume is far from laudable!!

If he can do to Spence what the Charlos did to their mandatories then and only then will i use the "he is no joke".

He has said all the right things since the fight was signed.
                    Time to deliver.

Comment

For me, it's the eye injury and the weight drop that has me going away from Brook. Skill for skill though, Brook is not behind Spence at all really. There are a lot of posts about how Brook can't compete skill-wise with Spence and I have to disagree on that. Brook is a very good boxer and he does have much more power than a a guy like Algieri has. Spence will target that eye though and I just don't believe it'll be healed up enough to take damage and the drop in weight will likely cause him to tire out mid-way through the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X