No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Says Demetrius Andrade Priced Himself Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    I believe Lara got 700k is his last fight, so he seems willing to take a hit on cash. I bet Andrade wants 1 million +
    Whats the normal budget for these cards? Think Dirrell/Smith is at the end of June, presume they want Lara on the same card, and thats already taken up $1.6mil

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Lara claims to be this great GGG beater but he has been fighting mostly very poor challengers since he lost to Canelo. He has a chance to show how good he is or isn't right now by fighting the excellent Andrade but he will fight someone much safer just wait and see. What difference does it make to Lara how much money Andrade gets as long as he is well paid?
      Because the total purse is split with all the fighters on the card. Any card with Lara will need other good fights. See the recent card with him and the two Charlos. No one made 1 million that night.
      Last edited by Butch.McRae; 04-25-2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I LOVE Lara, but that is exactly what I did NOT want to hear! I think Lara vs. Andrade is a better challenge of boxing skill than GGG vs. Jacobs. I'll go so far as to say, in a measure of boxing skills, Lara vs. Andrade could only be surpassed by GGG vs. Canelo or Mikey Garcia vs. Lomachenko or Crawford! I have a feeling that it will be Lara vs. Lubin when it's all settled and done! Lubin is from Florida, and the only place Lara can go from star to superstar is Florida! Lara vs. Andrade! STOP PLAYING AND MAKE IT HAPPEN

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Whats the normal budget for these cards? Think Dirrell/Smith is at the end of June, presume they want Lara on the same card, and thats already taken up $1.6mil
          I believe they divide 2.5 - 3 million per card for the fighters. See the recent Lara card with the charlo brothers. No one made 1 million that night. That's why Jermell only made 100k last weekend.

I bet Andrade wants to take half the total purse to fight Lara. Remember that's why he vacated instead of fighting Jermell a few years ago.

Comment

if andrade is acting like he's not the challenger then he's at fault here...champs have earned their darn money..act like a challenger or never become a champion

some of the most hated champion didnt even get 30% of the purse the when they were the challenger...I.E. adonis stevenson..

CHAMPS DESERVE RESPECT PERIOD..or the purse bid split will make u rspect them

Comment

It is plausible. Andrade is chasing that one big payday instead of grinding his way to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                Lara trying to duck out in his mandatory with the good ole he's pricing himself trick. This would be more acceptable if Lara wasn't getting paid millions to fight retired welterweights in front of a half empty arena. With just in attendance receiving free tickets to be there.
                if the mando goes to purse bid he likely gets less..

one thing i've seen with hyamon is is offer's mando's 30% atthe start of things then he tells them if u dont like it i'll see you at a purse bid..look at stevenson pascal

Comment

Fight will happen. These guys have nowhere else to go but fight each other. Fans are sick of them taking fights nobody wants to see. I don't expect Hurd to fight Lara anytime soon. Why would he?

Comment

We all know Lara is the one ducking cause he's the one with the history of pricing himself out and not Andrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Did the purse not get released for that fight? I'm not sure any specific fight purse off hand tbh, but I recall every purse I did see for Lara lately was in the $1Mish range. You could be entirely correct doe & it certainly makes sense with what the trend was/is with PBC.
                      There was zero info on the Lara vs Foreman purses.

Comment

Working...
                      X