Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward's Perspective on Role Race Plays in How He is Covered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward is privileged in every possible way because he's half-black.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Am I lying? I told you, I like Ward as a person outside of the ring. But inside the ring I find him to be dull and slightly overrated. I acknowledge he is a very skillful fighter, but he's only been in there with the same style fighters for most of his career. You think I have an agenda here but I don't. I'm not the one getting emotional over him.
      if he is so dull and overrated, why hasn't he lost since he was 12...whether amateur, or pro...its ok bro...

so Sakio bika fights like Abraham...Kovalev fights like Barrera.....Kessler fights like Allan green......Brand fights just like Dawson bwhaahahahahahahaha...you gotta do better than that

bro, its clear you haven't watched many if any of the man's fights

your trolling is hella weak fam

you cant convey emotion via text bro...posters like you are see through

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        Look I respect Andre and his abilities, always have. I am not exactly a fan of his resume in its entirety but i've always paid him his respect. I do think the new version of Ward is a bit too ****y for his own good and I can understand he feels slighted over having to go through litigation. Aside from his personality rubbing me the wrong way I don't have anything against Ward just fans and how they shhh on other boxers to propel him.
        That's what fans do. And people talk bad about the dude so much that you have expect some push back. I hope GGG isn't one of the fighters you're talking about because he earned every bit of shat people spew at him when it comes to Andre Ward. Like Floyd Mayweather, Andre Ward displays personality traits of an uncompromising competitor that will concede nothing and always expects to win. The dude is super confident and is on a mission to punk the bully every time. And I can kind of see that some people don't like that. But call it for what it is. Trying to say the dude is batchy is just inaccurate. He hasn't been anything other than a humble stand up dude while also being the way that I described him.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          if he is so dull and overrated, why hasn't he lost since he was 12...whether amateur, or pro...its ok bro...

so Sakio bika fights like Abraham...Kovalev fights like Barrera.....Kessler fights like Allan green......Brand fights just like Dawson bwhaahahahahahahaha...you gotta do better than that

bro, its clear you haven't watched many if any of the man's fights

your trolling is hella weak fam

you cant convey emotion via text bro...posters like you are see through
          You and I already did this dance. You stepped on your own toes on numerous occasions. You are unable to discuss Ward or boxing using facts, reason and logic. You making an emotional argument, I'm offering facts and objectivity. If you want to wallow in your own ignorance, find someone who is a hopeless fan boy such as yourself. You can watch Ward highlight videos together and give each other a reach around.

Comment

• Originally posted by THC View Post
            Could you provide examples of how the media has depicted Ward adversely due to race and therefore affected his career? Please remember I've already acknowledged that racism exists in boxing but I'm more keen on how it has been a detriment to Ward specifically.
            The media ignored the fact that Andre Ward had a completely legitimate reason for sueing to be released from his contract with Dan Goosen.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              ...he still came back and won more rounds than kovalev after round 2.....wasn't that hard to see bro

he came back and won when most guys would have packed it in or remained in survival mode.
              look at this moron this is the new narrative, first it was a close fight, could have gone either way. then, it was, a clear W for ward in a close fight and now ward took over after the second round, (so i gues it was a 10-2 kind fight)

btw, you quoted a 2 weeks old post, you are such a looser

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                You and I already did this dance. You stepped on your own toes on numerous occasions. You are unable to discuss Ward or boxing using facts, reason and logic. You making an emotional argument, I'm offering facts and objectivity. If you want to wallow in your own ignorance, find someone who is a hopeless fan boy such as yourself. You can watch Ward highlight videos together and give each other a reach around.
                i stepped on no toes...you talked in circles....boooooooring.

your dumb as just said he fights the same style over and over....bwhahahahaha....inaccurate

so kov fights like brand?

barrera fights like kessler?
                Last edited by therealpugilist; 05-05-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  look at this moron this is the new narrative, first it was, it was a close fight, could have gone either way, then it was, a clear W for ward in a close fight, and now ward took over after the second round, (so i gues it was a 10-2 kind fight)

btw, you quoted a 2 weeks old post, you are such a looser
                  im the moron...but didnt your dumb ass say both fights wouldnt happen? he'd fake an injury...need two more tune ups

must really suck to be you....all you do is takes L's

Comment

• Why do these guys always try to play the race card. Its your style, not your skin. Nobody hates on exciting guys like Jacobs, Porter, Bradley they way boring fighters like Ward and Crawford do.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                      why do these guys always try to play the race card. Its your style, not your skin. Nobody hates on exciting guys like jacobs, porter, bradley they way boring fighters like ward and crawford do.
                      have you paid any attention to america for the past 200 years?

Comment

Working...
                      X