No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson vs. Andrzej Fonfara Rematch on June 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'm not saying Smith is "special". I'm saying after the Fonfara & Bhop KOs he DESERVES a big fight & certainly more than Fonfara does.

And I have no desire to go into some speculative who wins a rematch between Fonfara & Smith discussion that should have little importance to Fonfara or Smith as far as who's more deserving to get a title fight with Adonis in June.
    Oh he deserve a match ,but there was a problems with makeing it from what i heared ,Fonfara wanted a rrematch so i wouldnt be suprised if Joe would be his first defense (if he win ofc)

Comment

Pascal vs Alvarez is being rumored on the undercard in an article by Réjean Tremblay today in the local newspaper. Bear in ming that Réjean Tremblay is the journalist whose the most on the Quebec boxing scene

Also, for those who might think that Yvon Michel is "jerking around" Alvarez once more, just like vs Bute, Alvarez is ******** on himself to cash out twice, once vs Pascal and vs Stevenson (I'll assume that Stevenson beats Fonfara).

These links also talk about how it seems that Pascal has signed with Haymon.
      http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...ur-jean-pascal
      http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...nfara-a-quebec
      http://www.rds.ca/combat/boxe/adonis...nale-1.4445799

Comment

It almost feels like the sport owes Adonis a favor and the terms and conditions are set by him. Just to keep him employed. "I'm going crazy, I need to fight and make some money. But I'm picking who I want to fight." His wins are of no significance to the sport. He beats Fonfara again and fans will just say, "So what?"

Comment

LOL Adonis got jokes.

Fonfara was a legit guy when Adonis fought him previously & in my eyes that was the last fight Adonis had that mattered. But today Fonfara got done in by Joe "Working Man" Smith & it took him 10 rounds to get rid of Dawson who most think of as shot these days.

I think Smith is much more deserving of this opportunity + its a better story. I guess I shouldn't worry...I'm sure when Smith loses a fight or two Adonis will give him a shot doe.
          I wonder why most boxing fans mostly think with their hearts instead of their brains. Fonfara or Dawson, both were trying to earn their rematch against Stevenson, both are with Haymon, and while Smiths' negotiations went wrong, Fonfara won against Dawson. So Fonfara will now meet Stevenson again, and once this fight's done on june 3rd, another one will take action on june 17th. We all know unifications pass over mandatories, right.
          Even if most wont admit, we all know Stevenson wants all 4 major belts, and will fight who ever holds the 3 other belts after june 18th am. If Ward wins, it will invalidate a 3rd fight, thus it would open the doors to an undisputed matchup against Stevenson. Which would be a high risk high reward fight for Ward, which is much more rewarding than fighting a Smith, a Gvozdyk or a Beterbiev. Not to mention Stevenson will be in his forties.
          Stevenson is doing what he has to do, to become the 1st Undisputed LHW Boxing Champion of the world. But like a said, even if most of you guys hopes not, you just can't stop to have this tenacious feeling, about Stevenson beating both Kovalev and Ward...

Comment

aduckus chickenson is still a b1tch lol he's now fighting fonfara after he got knocked the *** out by joe smith jr and struggled mightily with the corpse of chad dawson. super quack being a joke is understatement!!!

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
              finally...someone with some dang on knowledge and just not a mad poster...

thanks for schooling these "WHY NO JOE SMITH" clowns

joe smith is a just that a dawgon joe...BOY IS SCARED OF ADONIS AND SHOULD BE...he has a dang on 9 to 5 ...u name me one mf with a 9 to 5 that wouldnt be very smart to avoid adonis
              no you assh0le this isn't the first time chickenson has had negotiations go south. it happened with kovalev hopkins pascal fonfara and now joe smith jr. does it ever go through your pea sized brain that chickenson is the problem here? you just blindly defend like a weirdo lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
                I wonder why most boxing fans mostly think with their hearts instead of their brains.
                I don't believe I am. I do concede I'm not a guy who'll ignore when top guys don't fight competition I feel to be on their level. And regardless of Adonis vs Ward or Kovalev happening there is a whole 2nd tier of top ten guys Adonis has ignored as legit opponents during the last several years. Thats a problem for me. And its an opinion I hold with a guy like Canelo too who I feel is fighting guys below his level of talent.

Even if most wont admit, we all know Stevenson wants all 4 major belts, and will fight who ever holds the 3 other belts after june 18th am.
                Idk that I necessarily believe that, but if its true fair play to him. It doesn't really play into my opinion of him either way. He's been fighting bs opponents & when Fonfara was hot up til recently he was ignoring him & now that he's been blasted out early by an unheralded guy he's paying attention to him. There is a clear blueprint to Adonis' last few years in boxing & its not about going for titles as going for non-compelling fights vs guys undeserving to be in title fights vs Adonis.

But like a said, even if most of you guys hopes not, you just can't stop to have this tenacious feeling, about Stevenson beating both Kovalev and Ward...
                I could give a f#ck who won in some fantasy round robin with Ward, Kovalev & Adonis. Would I like to see it? Yea. Do I think it'll happen? No. When Adonis was in play for a Kovalev fight for some reason he was bringing Showtime into the mix. He doesn't even have a contract with Showtime anymore from most accounts so that was a ****** dealbreaker on his side regardless of anything you can say about the other side.

Adonis just isn't a guy serious about his legacy in boxing. He wants to be paid. Fair play to that, but lets not act like thats not the case over anything else.

And I'd love to be proven wrong in my opinion cuz I think Adonis is a talented guy, but I don't see it happening. Adonis will likely end his career by being upset by one of these lesser, undeserving opponents he fights, honestly Fonfara upsetting him wouldn't be all that much of a shock to me, & then he'll legit bend, like he should be doing now, to make the biggest fights for the most money for a fight or three after that to cash in on his name. Or probably best case for Adonis is he just keeps fighting lesser opposition & retires in a few years with just the one loss & about the same level of respect he has now with most fans.
                Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-10-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                  no you assh0le this isn't the first time chickenson has had negotiations go south. it happened with kovalev hopkins pascal fonfara and now joe smith jr. does it ever go through your pea sized brain that chickenson is the problem here? you just blindly defend like a weirdo lol

joe smith asked the lineal champ to give him a rematch if the lineal champion beats him...this has not been refuted by his team...so...go elsewhere bro

pascal fought on stevenson undercard and demanded 50-50 to even take the fight for the lineal title...THAT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE JACK..

I KNOW MY FACTS..

Comment

I don't believe I am. I do concede I'm not a guy who'll ignore when top guys don't fight competition I feel to be on their level. And regardless of Adonis vs Ward or Kovalev happening there is a whole 2nd tier of top ten guys Adonis has ignored as legit opponents during the last several years. Thats a problem for me. And its an opinion I hold with a guy like Canelo too who I feel is fighting guys below his level of talent.

Idk that I necessarily believe that, but if its true fair play to him. It doesn't really play into my opinion of him either way. He's been fighting bs opponents & when Fonfara was hot up til recently he was ignoring him & now that he's been blasted out early by an unheralded guy he's paying attention to him. There is a clear blueprint to Adonis' last few years in boxing & its not about going for titles as going for non-compelling fights vs guys undeserving to be in title fights vs Adonis.

I could give a f#ck who won in some fantasy round robin with Ward, Kovalev & Adonis. Would I like to see it? Yea. Do I think it'll happen? No. When Adonis was in play for a Kovalev fight for some reason he was bringing Showtime into the mix. He doesn't even have a contract with Showtime anymore from most accounts so that was a ****** dealbreaker on his side regardless of anything you can say about the other side.

Adonis just isn't a guy serious about his legacy in boxing. He wants to be paid. Fair play to that, but lets not act like thats not the case over anything else.

And I'd love to be proven wrong in my opinion cuz I think Adonis is a talented guy, but I don't see it happening. Adonis will likely end his career by being upset by one of these lesser, undeserving opponents he fights, honestly Fonfara upsetting him wouldn't be all that much of a shock to me, & then he'll legit bend, like he should be doing now, to make the biggest fights for the most money for a fight or three after that to cash in on his name. Or probably best case for Adonis is he just keeps fighting lesser opposition & retires in a few years with just the one loss & about the same level of respect he has now with most fans.
                    According to Your views Fonfara was a dangerous opponent for Stevenson, but suddenly he's no longer a decent quality opponent for Stevenson optional defense; you guys must get your minds right. Due to Fonrara's loss by overconfidence, Smith choice was indeed first, but his team negotiations terms were unrealistic. So the sideline benching boxer named Monaghan came out of the blue, right before Fonfara finished Dawson.
                    Depending fans point of view, Fonfaras' name has a higher reputation than Monaghan, and seeing that Fonfara can no longer try to dictate the percentage of the purse, an agreement between him and Stevenson presented itself as a piece of cake for Haymon. Just an easy inhouse matchup for team PBC.
                    You & I think Smith is much more deserving of this opportunity + it's a better story, but his team f*cxed it up. Trying to play that popular silly game of trashing Stevenson name, just to artificially crank up Smith notoriety.

And about Showtime & Stevenson, lets check the reality of things. Stevenson is the lineal WBC champ, Stevenson is with Haymon, Haymon is with Showtime, Showtime is related to other affiliate channels like SpikeTV. Stevenson-Haymon-Michel wants to maximize the revenues, and Kathy Duva was playing a weird game screeming the failure of negotiations, as soon as Stevensons' camp opens their mouth to begin the procedure of negotiation. Don't get lost in this story by being too emotional, time don't change facts.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                      Having a tough time thinking of a more pointless rematch.
                      Kovalev v. Pascal II

Comment

Working...
                      X