Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Canelo Makes More With GGG Than He Did Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
    I don't know the reason for it, he might be doing it out of principal or whatever but saying he's fearful of fighting at 159 is inane given his fight night weight.

Anyways, you demonstrated how little you know about boxing with the sanction fee excuse so moving on...
    Golovkin is in the gym, more or less, year round; fighting fit, he's still likely in the low 170s on the weight. Principle has nothing to do with it, when you and your camp have openly talked about 154-168 for any meaningful fight, when the only fight that he's even considering going down to 154lbs for is a hypothetical one against a welterweight who has never stepped on the scales above 152lbs in his life.

After fighting Floyd, Alvarez has basically fought at 154lbs +1 (the Lara fight was contracted at 155lbs to avoid Lara's regular belt, with the Cotto and Khan fights also contracted for 155lbs).

The moment he was ready to fight for a title belt again, he made 154lbs and still performed well.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      wasn't it 170k ?

or are there new figures out now ?
      As you know, the 170k PPV figure was Loeffler's take right after the fight. I picked up somewhere that it is in the neighbor of 120k. We won't know for sure, if ever, until official figures are counted and publicly released. I hope I am wrong, but I suspect that it is closer to 120 than 170.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        This is what kills Boxing, dragging fights because of Negotiations. Why isnt boxing strcuture like the UFC?
        That's not true. Explain to me why boxing makes more money? What is happening is that bad promoters, bad commentators and bad journalism reflects bad on certain fighters. Not cool. I would take it personal if I was a pro fighter, I would probably be in that office flipping tables and make confetti out all the paperwork in there cuz somebody is gonna get the fights I want with the pay I should get with putting my life on the line!

Comment

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
          I don't know the reason for it, he might be doing it out of principal or whatever but saying he's fearful of fighting at 159 is inane given his fight night weight.

Anyways, you demonstrated how little you know about boxing with the sanction fee excuse so moving on...

refusing to negotiate on weight with the lil 153lb SUPERSTAR Miguel Cotto is the most bizarre decision made by an active fighter since Pacquiao publicly refused random blood tests

everyone should have smartened up when that happened

Comment

Spoken like a true politician. Come on, man lol
            Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            Could this fight have happened last year at 155-158? Yes.

Could this fight happen in September? Yes.

Like was stated earlier...it has and will remain to be a matter of negotiations and compromise. K2 gambled on the mandatory fight angle and lost. Spin it however you want but no fighter is going to sacrifice millions to keep a belt. And guess what, the difference between the mando split and what Trip will get now is millions.

This has nothinh to do with waiting until Golovkin gets old? It's about maximizing the revenue for GBP. That is why they fight isn't it?

Comment

I just feel like they made the offer full well knowing they wouldn't accept. Both sides know he'd make more than 15. I'm not even a fan of either guy, but I think Golden Boy knows what they're doing here. Max Kellerman was saying on Fight Game a month ago that Floyd kept offering Manny a check for 40 million and Manny's people turned it down and a year later made over 100. The same money wouldn't be there, but it's all relative.
              Originally posted by Verus View Post
              Travycat, don't forget that a $15 million + offer was on the table for September 2017 not September 2021. That went out the window when GGG's mystique went out the window with the Jacobs fight and when it is now estimated that there were less than 120,000 PPVs.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                That's not true. Explain to me why boxing makes more money? What is happening is that bad promoters, bad commentators and bad journalism reflects bad on certain fighters. Not cool. I would take it personal if I was a pro fighter, I would probably be in that office flipping tables and make confetti out all the paperwork in there cuz somebody is gonna get the fights I want with the pay I should get with putting my life on the line!
                Ur really believe boxing makes more money than UFC. LMAO.
                Can you show the proof of your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  Because, this isn't some bs organization where 1 guy owns all the fighters and they make next to nothing compared to high profile boxers.
                  UFC was sold for 4 Billion to investors (more than one person) u moron.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                    UFC was sold for 4 Billion to investors (more than one person) u moron.
                    Dana is their daddy either way, and they still get paid peanuts next to high profile boxers...moron.

You like them in those speedos though don't you...mmgay

Comment

Loeffler: Canelo Makes More With GGG Than He Did Mayweather

This guy plays stupid, right?...

Comment

Working...
                      X