Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Warns: Golovkin Fighting in June Derails Canelo Bout!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    Yea. I could have sworn to have seen a video where BJS explicitly says he'd never fight GGG but I haven't been able to find it again.
    In his most recent interview, BJS admitted that he always had it in his mind to wait until GGG turned 35 before fighting him.
    Last edited by kafkod; 03-24-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Oscar...*** OFF! Nobody got time to be waiting for you. Make the man a LEGIT and Fair offer and make the fight or just *** OFF already!

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
        GGG doesn't owe the IBF mandatory. I believe when Johnson was hurt they made Wade the mandatory so that the belt wouldn't be in limbo.

He'd owe the winner of Langford/Khurtsidze a mandatory fight and the winner of NDam vs. Murota.
        Wade was last year's IBF mando, T.Johnson is now this years. Lindsey Tucker already stated that if GGG isn't unifying with BJS he must fight Tureano next.

Comment

• Official Translation

PLEASE GGG, dont fight Saunders. If you hold all 4 belts then we eventually have to fight you if Canelo ever wants to call himself champion again. Saunders was our only and last chance to get an easy belt at 160, become MW champion and continue ducking you even longer! Also being undisputed would give you much more leverage and negotiation power.. please dont fight BJS, so Canelo can fight him in September, the WBO will make it happen for us!!

Comment

• if ggg really wants to fight canelo,just sign the contract already,he doesn't deserve a 50/50 split,i think 75/25 or 70/30,no more and over 10 million is more than enough,and this way I can understand them not wanting golovkin to fight,but it's really up to ggg,i think he's getting a lot of money here,if he doesn't want it and Oscar isn't budging on that then just say no fight and go do your thing,go fight saunders and let canelo do his thing against whatever boxer he is still getting good money,the money he would have made against golovkin he can make it fighting nobodies in three fights,

Comment

• I agree with Oscar here. Even if it was a low risk opponent, that is too close to the big fight and anything can happen, like a cut. Besides, both guys will have fought a week apart leading in.

Comment

• I have a solution. If GGG insist on fighting in June, and three times this year, its cool. He can fight whomever he wants in June, then rematch Jacobs in Nov or Dec. Then he and Canelo can do the superfight May of next year. Problem solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  I agree with Oscar here. Even if it was a low risk opponent, that is too close to the big fight and anything can happen, like a cut. Besides, both guys will have fought a week apart leading in.
                  In that case they should cancel the Alvarez/Chavez fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    I have a solution. If GGG insist on fighting in June, and three times this year, its cool. He can fight whomever he wants in June, then rematch Jacobs in Nov or Dec. Then he and Canelo can do the superfight May of next year. Problem solved.
                    that would be good too,i woud like to see ggg with all the belts,this way guys like canelo and charlos would have to fight him if they want to be champions and those two fighting ggg would be great,

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      that would be good too,i woud like to see ggg with all the belts,this way guys like canelo and charlos would have to fight him if they want to be champions and those two fighting ggg would be great,
                      I don't really think Canelo cares about the belts. I think Lara was Canelo's last fight as purely a fighter with no regards for the business side of boxing. Canelo is looking to maximize the event portion of all of his fights. If GGG wants it, he can play ball. If not, Canelo is gonna continue to manufacture big events outta bogus fights like Khan and Chavez Jr. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a Cotto rematch and a Pacquiao showdown aren't already in the works.

Comment

Working...
                      X