No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jason Quigley Tested, Decisions a Very Game Glen Tapia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    And Lemieux had 25 pro fights before that step up fight for Quigley who only had 12 pro fights and Tapia was the best opponent he's faced yet. Most prospects dont face tapia until pro fight #20+. Tanajara had a fight billed as a showcase fight last night got dropped had to come off the canvas and out box his opponent to a decision. He is a blue chip prospect with only 7 pro fights one the the highest touted kids in Garcia camp. Is he done as a pro too? You make it seem like Quigley won a split decision or got rocked and dropped. He ran out of gas so carried his man 10 rounds and still only lost 3 rounds all fight and might of had a broken hand.

My point is after 25 pro fights and losing to Rubio and then losing his next fight did you think lemieux who was still young could develop into a world champ a day top 10 middleweight? Quigley future looks much better today then lemiuex did after Rubio and alcine fights. And that's because young fighters can get better with experience and age. If Quigley still looks like this over a year from now I'll be worried but he is still early in the process for a prospect. If he learns from this and dominates the rest of the year and then wins a step up fight nobody will remember or care about this fight. That's how it works when these guys graduate and become Champs and contenders everyone forgets the fights they struggled to look great as a prospect.
    In what world is Tapia a step up? He's shot! Good prospects don't struggle against shot fighters.

If it were me I'd put him in a real step up fight his next fight after that performance. If I give you a showcase against a shot fighter and you struggle I wanna see if you got the goods or not in your next fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      In what world is Tapia a step up? He's shot! Good prospects don't struggle against shot fighters.

If it were me I'd put him in a real step up fight his next fight after that performance. If I give you a showcase against a shot fighter and you struggle I wanna see if you got the goods or not in your next fight
      how many good prospects are fighting the Tapia of the world after 12 pro fights? You act like Tapia has lost to bums he had 4 losses but all real good fighters. Most guys at pro fight 13 are still facing journey men nobody has heard of and guys with double digit losses guys who are not even half of what a faded Tapia is. That's my point. Errol Spence was about as big a prospect as there was look at the names he was facing at this same time. His #14 pro fight was against Noe Bolanos who had 10 losses. Spence didn't fight an opponent anyone heard of until his 17th pro bout. If spence faced a real name opponent a year or 2 earlier who knows what he would of looked like.

I disagree Quigley was dominating so Golden Boy was pushing him up fast. Gave him this fight thinking if he won he was ready to graduate to contender type status. He won but showed he is still a prospect status fighter. He needs at least 2-3 more fights before a step up in class. Then we will know if this was just a blimp on the radar or bigger issue that he can't overcome at that next level.
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-24-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Hand injury seems legit tweeted out by Steve Kim just an hour

So Quigley hurt his right hand early on, Im told he had a soft cast on it afterwards. Which explains some of his troubles last night #boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          But Rubio was a better fighter than Tapia. Give me an example of a guy who looked bad against a fighter on the level of Tapia and went on to win a title
          I get what you're saying, Quigley is clearly a limited prospect with a low ceiling based on what I saw last night...which was my first extended look at him.

However, it's important to keep in mind Quigley won the fight clearly...and i don't think Quigley was nearly as bad as the Atlas narrative would have you believe.

Quigley won, and he deservedly won by a wide margin.

This wasn't a loss or a robbery...it wasn't Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.-Matt Vanda I, for example.

I don't know if Quigley is good enough to win a title...but I didn't see enough last night to say yet that he's not good enough to perhaps be carefully guided into a title shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            anyone else read this in atlas' voice?
            I typed it out thinking him yelling it in his loud crackling voice LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
              I get what you're saying, Quigley is clearly a limited prospect with a low ceiling based on what I saw last night...which was my first extended look at him.

However, it's important to keep in mind Quigley won the fight clearly...and i don't think Quigley was nearly as bad as the Atlas narrative would have you believe.

Quigley won, and he deservedly won by a wide margin.

This wasn't a loss or a robbery...it wasn't Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.-Matt Vanda I, for example.

I don't know if Quigley is good enough to win a title...but I didn't see enough last night to say yet that he's not good enough to perhaps be carefully guided into a title shot.
              I think Teddy was right. I think I had it 6-4 JQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                I think GBP/ESPN should bench B-Hop from the broadcast team. Teddy & Bernardo is enough
                Why? I like all 3 in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                  I think Teddy was right. I think I had it 6-4 JQ.
                  You gave Tapia 4 rounds? wow

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    how many good prospects are fighting the Tapia of the world after 12 pro fights? You act like Tapia has lost to bums he had 4 losses but all real good fighters. Most guys at pro fight 13 are still facing journey men nobody has heard of and guys with double digit losses guys who are not even half of what a faded Tapia is. That's my point. Errol Spence was about as big a prospect as there was look at the names he was facing at this same time. His #14 pro fight was against Noe Bolanos who had 10 losses. Spence didn't fight an opponent anyone heard of until his 17th pro bout. If spence faced a real name opponent a year or 2 earlier who knows what he would of looked like.

I disagree Quigley was dominating so Golden Boy was pushing him up fast. Gave him this fight thinking if he won he was ready to graduate to contender type status. He won but showed he is still a prospect status fighter. He needs at least 2-3 more fights before a step up in class. Then we will know if this was just a blimp on the radar or bigger issue that he can't overcome at that next level.
                    Why are you rating Tapia so high? He's a shot, former prospect. Before the fight people were saying Tapia shouldn't be fighting. He's shot. He's gonna get hurt. After the fight people were still saying he's shot, he shouldn't be fighting he should retire. But they're also saying how shit Quigley is. Tapia did nothing yesterday to give an indication he should continue fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                      You gave Tapia 4 rounds? wow
                      Ya, I could have even made an argument for 5. Just like Teddy, I was shocked by the scores. The right guy Won anyway, though, so I guess no harm no foul. Sucks though that judges were so biased, because if GT should have Won, he had no chance with these judges who had their minds made up already...

Comment

Working...
                      X