Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jason Quigley Tested, Decisions a Very Game Glen Tapia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the fight, who said that Quigley is promising? For me, so the next middle peasant without prospects for the championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      I'm just saying same sort of thing happened to a young lemieux ran out of gas and got knocked out by Rubio. That wasn't the end of his career he rebounded had more seasoning and won a world title and is a top ranked middleweight. Quigley ran out gas and still found a way to ONLY lose 3 rounds. This kid has a way to go he is clearly not ready for contenders but he still only has 13 pro fights that's my point. And I don't care to much about what he did in amateurs pro game is different he needs more fights.
      But Rubio was a better fighter than Tapia. Give me an example of a guy who looked bad against a fighter on the level of Tapia and went on to win a title

Comment

• Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
        Next few fights need to be 11-20 ranked. Good experience remember this is only 13 fights it's perfectly fine to develop him more.
        11-20 ranked? Tapia wasn't even a top 50 guy (on boxrec) I think 11-20 should be a few fights away at best. Quigley is only 25 & 2.5yrs into his pro career I don't see the rush.

This was only his 2nd live opponent. I think struggling a lil is fine here, we agree there & I don't think this was as surprising a struggle as most, but I don't see the purpose of such a huge jump next time out necessarily unless its another prospect or prospect type guy who's lost a fight or two (like maybe Arif Magomedov). I think a fight with a more experienced highly ranked guy might turn out to be less of a learning experience & more of a hype & confidence reducing L that'd do lil good for all parties invested in Quigley.

Comment

• I'm convinced that boxing promoters are trying their best to create an Irish superstar based on the popularity McGregor has had in the ufc. Problem is that for a long time, the best fighters out if Ireland have been only good, never great so creating a top star will be tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            But Rubio was a better fighter than Tapia. Give me an example of a guy who looked bad against a fighter on the level of Tapia and went on to win a title
            Rubio is not that good and Quigley DIDN'T Gas out and get knocked out he found a way to still win and only lose 3 rounds after he gassed out. My point is simply that many prospects have bumps in the road on their way but we usually forget it by the time they have 20+ pro fights and get title shots. He had only 12 pro fights, golden boy was moving him fast I'm not going to say his career is over because this fight that he still won just like I won't say tanajara who got caught and dropped on the undercard is now done. And he's a blue chip prospect with only 7 fights. These guys are all a work in progress.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-24-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Some day we will see Atlas say stuff like:
              "This Quigley. Right now he is like that little train. Trying to get up that hill. He is saying I think I can I think I can. Then Atlas starts to yell I wanna see him yell I know I can I know I can. I want him to be the little train that could!!!!"
              anyone else read this in atlas' voice?

Comment

Rubio is not that good and Quigley DIDN'T Gas out and get knocked out he found a way to still win and only lose 3 rounds after he gassed out. My point is simply that many prospects have bumps in the road on their way but we usually forget it by the time they have 20+ pro fights and get title shots. He had only 12 pro fights, golden boy was moving him fast I'm not going to say his career is over because this fight that he still won just like I won't say tanajara who got caught and dropped on the undercard is now done. And he's a blue chip prospect with only 7 fights. These guys are all a work in progress.
                Ok. I'm just not seeing anything in this kid that shows he'll be a top 10 middleweight. I can understand a bump in the road in your step up fight but this wasn't a step up fight. This was a showcase against a shot fighter. Many were complaining Tapia shouldn't be sanctioned. If you're struggling against a shot Tapia you just aren't that good. If you're saying Golden Boy needs to let their foot off the gas after he struggled against Tapia where else do you go? Back to fighting 6 rounders against guys making their debut?

Comment

Ok. I'm just not seeing anything in this kid that shows he'll be a top 10 middleweight. I can understand a bump in the road in your step up fight but this wasn't a step up fight. This was a showcase against a shot fighter. Many were complaining Tapia shouldn't be sanctioned. If you're struggling against a shot Tapia you just aren't that good. If you're saying Golden Boy needs to let their foot off the gas after he struggled against Tapia where else do you go? Back to fighting 6 rounders against guys making their debut?
                  There are fighters who get upset or knocked out early in their careers and still become world Champs and top 10 fighters. he dominated the the fight early and gassed out that's the only reason tapia didn't get knocked out. It happens. Fyi not sure you how much stock you put into it but he said he hurt his right hand early in the fight. He doesn't need to go back to 6 round fights all this means is he's not ready for a big step up in class which would of happened if he smoked tapia. He's been moved fast there are fighters that don't face a tapia like name till fight pro fight #20. If he needs one more year before that step up tI'll facing contendes I don't see the problem. Honest question after lemieux gassed out and got knocked out by rubio and then lost his next fight as well did you see world champ top 10 middleweight future for him? Because I damn sure didnt. But young fighters are work in progress and Quigley found a way to win after he punched himself out and hurt his hand. How he learns from that we have to wait and see. But that's what it is for all prospects wait and see.

Comment

There are fighters who get upset or knocked out early in their careers and still become world Champs and top 10 fighters. he dominated the the fight early and gassed out that's the only reason tapia didn't get knocked out. It happens. Fyi not sure you how much stock you put into it but he said he hurt his right hand early in the fight. He doesn't need to go back to 6 round fights all this means is he's not ready for a big step up in class which would of happened if he smoked tapia. He's been moved fast there are fighters that don't face a tapia like name till fight pro fight #20. If he needs one more year before that step up tI'll facing contendes I don't see the problem. Honest question after lemieux gassed out and got knocked out by rubio and then lost his next fight as well did you see world champ top 10 middleweight future for him? Because I damn sure didnt. But young fighters are work in progress and Quigley found a way to win after he punched himself out and hurt his hand. How he learns from that we have to wait and see. But that's what it is for all prospects wait and see.
                    You keep bringing up Rubio. Rubio was a step up and a much better fighter than Tapia. Like someone already mentioned, Tapia himself never made it past the prospect stage. Struggling in step up fights is understandable. Struggling in showcase fights against a shot fighter isn't understandable

Comment

You keep bringing up Rubio. Rubio was a step up and a much better fighter than Tapia. Like someone already mentioned, Tapia himself never made it past the prospect stage. Struggling in step up fights is understandable. Struggling in showcase fights against a shot fighter isn't understandable
                      And Lemieux had 25 pro fights before that step up fight for Quigley who only had 12 pro fights and Tapia was the best opponent he's faced yet. Most prospects dont face tapia until pro fight #20+. Tanajara had a fight billed as a showcase fight last night got dropped had to come off the canvas and out box his opponent to a decision. He is a blue chip prospect with only 7 pro fights one the the highest touted kids in Garcia camp. Is he done as a pro too? You make it seem like Quigley won a split decision or got rocked and dropped. He ran out of gas so carried his man 10 rounds and still only lost 3 rounds all fight and might of had a broken hand.

My point is after 25 pro fights and losing to Rubio and then losing his next fight did you think lemieux who was still young could develop into a world champ a day top 10 middleweight? Quigley future looks much better today then lemiuex did after Rubio and alcine fights. And that's because young fighters can get better with experience and age. If Quigley still looks like this over a year from now I'll be worried but he is still early in the process for a prospect. If he learns from this and dominates the rest of the year and then wins a step up fight nobody will remember or care about this fight. That's how it works when these guys graduate and become Champs and contenders everyone forgets the fights they struggled to look great as a prospect.

Comment

Working...
                      X