No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jason Quigley Tested, Decisions a Very Game Glen Tapia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    He only lost 3 rounds he gassed himself out chasing a early ko rather then just box and let the knockout come. Thats the only reason tapia lasted. I'm not going to beat the kid up and act like it's the end of the world. He's too young and inexperienced give him another year before you put him in with low level contenders.
    He has over 350 amateur fights, I heard him say that himself. He talked about how experienced he is and how he's able to adjust if things aren't going right the first 2 rounds. He looked bad losing 3 rounds and he looked bad winning 3 rounds and the last two rounds he won because Tapia did nothing. Tapia is shot. Coming off two KO losses. You could see his legs wobble every time he got hit in the head. He's slow, basic, come forward fighter who lacks defense. If you're a future contender you're supposed to get guys like Tapia outta there. Brandon Rios was putting guys like Tapia outta there when he was at the same stage as Quigley.

Comment

• I get it everybody looking for a Irish Fighter to ride the Connor McGregor WAVE but they actually have to be GOOD can't just be IRISH and expect people to show up for them

Quigley looks very...AVERAGE!

Comment

• Tough win for Quigley. He looked like a destroyer the first 2 rounds the following 8 he looked like he was in quicksand. Golden Boy needs to take there foot off the gas with him a bit because he's not ready for a legit Top 10 fighter. Next few fights need to be 11-20 ranked. Good experience remember this is only 13 fights it's perfectly fine to develop him more.

Comment

• Glenn Tapia is supposed to be a test? Tapia did not progress beyond the prospect level, right?

Comment

• Why y'all knocking Teddy LOL? Enjoyed his analysis as usual!

Comment

• Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
              Glenn Tapia is supposed to be a test? Tapia did not progress beyond the prospect level, right?
              Thank You!!!!

Comment

• Man Tapia is one dimensional, awful footwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  He has over 350 amateur fights, I heard him say that himself. He talked about how experienced he is and how he's able to adjust if things aren't going right the first 2 rounds. He looked bad losing 3 rounds and he looked bad winning 3 rounds and the last two rounds he won because Tapia did nothing. Tapia is shot. Coming off two KO losses. You could see his legs wobble every time he got hit in the head. He's slow, basic, come forward fighter who lacks defense. If you're a future contender you're supposed to get guys like Tapia outta there. Brandon Rios was putting guys like Tapia outta there when he was at the same stage as Quigley.
                  I'm just saying same sort of thing happened to a young lemieux ran out of gas and got knocked out by Rubio. That wasn't the end of his career he rebounded had more seasoning and won a world title and is a top ranked middleweight. Quigley ran out gas and still found a way to ONLY lose 3 rounds. This kid has a way to go he is clearly not ready for contenders but he still only has 13 pro fights that's my point. And I don't care to much about what he did in amateurs pro game is different he needs more fights.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-24-2017, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                    Tough win for Quigley. He looked like a destroyer the first 2 rounds the following 8 he looked like he was in quicksand. Golden Boy needs to take there foot off the gas with him a bit because he's not ready for a legit Top 10 fighter. Next few fights need to be 11-20 ranked. Good experience remember this is only 13 fights it's perfectly fine to develop him more.
                    Exactly. They were moving him fast and he passed every test but hit a speed bump today. He's not ready no shame in that he needs at least another year before he faces real contenders. If he looks like this at that time then I would worry.

Comment

• Both of these guys are very average.

Poor Tapia, reminds me of myself in a boxing ring. Horrible techchnique. More of a bar brawler.

Comment

Working...
                      X