No announcement yet.

GGG vs Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Nobody knows and nobody will ever find out. I dont really see GGG having problems vs a Lightweight moving up like Hagler did, no matter how good that Lightweight may be, but that Lightweight would have been trashed just like Brook was trashed and Brook was probably same size as a Marvin Hagler.
    Disrepectful to Duran and Hagler on so many levels. Duran and Kell Brook?

Comment

Hagler would destroy GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        Very good boxer. Could switch hit as well. Most remember when he went into "destruct and destroy" mode but to really appreciate him you gotta check out his earlier fights more in his prime.
        Yup it's a lost art these days, very few boxers are able to switch hit and even less can do it fluently. I don't think people appreciate just how good a boxer Haggler was.

Comment

i'd have to go with hagler. dont think it would be the cakewalk people on here are saying it is though, would be a tough close fight.

Comment

80's boxer vs today's boxer .. 80's boxer automatically wins. period. no debate.

fighters back then were superhuman. all were undefeated and could knock out today's fighters with just feints.

go back farther than the 80's and boxers get even more unbeatable. fighters from the 1920's would not be licensed to box today for being so damn great.

Comment

GGG would beat the black off Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                GGG would beat the black off Hagler.
                ^^^^^Insecure little mestizo troll looking for attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  ^^^^^Insecure little mestizo troll looking for attention.
                  And you gave it to him. Good job

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    And you gave it to him. Good job

I know you feel the same way he does.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                      Too hard to say. Hagler already lost to someone whos a level below jacobs and struggled with ww's and lightweights moving up.
                      All-time great lightweight who also went on to win the lineal middleweight championship in a tougher era against a badass (Barkley)? Duran is also one of the ten greatest fighters ever. Your supposed to struggle with him.

Who did Hagler lose to that's not as good as Jacobs? Willie Monroe was his only fair loss and he twice KO'd Monroe. Monroe is most likely better just fought in a way tougher era and that was pre-championship days for Hagler.

Would Hagler struggle with Ouma or Jacobs? I doubt it.

GGG is a badass and the best middleweight since Hopkins CLEARLY. He would present problems to Hagler I'm sure, but I'd strongly favor Marvin.
                      Last edited by chrisJS; 03-28-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X