Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ******ation of Golovkin fans never ceases to amaze me. The guy just had an either way fight against a B level fighter which is also the best win on his resume. A few days later here they are claiming he beats one of the greatest MW's of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
      The ******ation of Golovkin fans never ceases to amaze me. The guy just had an either way fight against a B level fighter which is also the best win on his resume. A few days later here they are claiming he beats one of the greatest MW's of all time.
      This place is loaded with sofa surfing couch jockeys.

Comment

Hagler, because he would've taken the 15 million

Comment

Good fight, Hagler would be a rough go for Golovkin and vice versa but the debate on if Golovkin or Jacobs would beat RJ is laughable. RJ would probably stop Jacobs and because we have never seen Golovkin hurt Ill give him the benefit of the doubt, he catches a 12 round beating similar to what Toney took at smw.

Comment

Nobody knows and nobody will ever find out. I dont really see GGG having problems vs a Lightweight moving up like Hagler did, no matter how good that Lightweight may be, but that Lightweight would have been trashed just like Brook was trashed and Brook was probably same size as a Marvin Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Nobody knows and nobody will ever find out. I dont really see GGG having problems vs a Lightweight moving up like Hagler did, no matter how good that Lightweight may be, but that Lightweight would have been trashed just like Brook was trashed and Brook was probably same size as a Marvin Hagler.
              So you think that giftlovekin would've beaten SRL then?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Many fighters blossom late. There's a fight no one talks about, GGG vs Gardner, who did better than Ouma. People love parroting "GGG vs Ouma" as if that was really his worst fight. GGG couldn't stop Garnder and he was really frustrated with his awkward southpaw style.

29 years old with 21 pro fights some one could still have their best days ahead of them. If you think not, look at Hopkins. At 35 he finally got the definite best win of his career with 42 pro fights. If you wanna compare ages, already did it for you, B-Hop started pro boxing younger at 23 years old, GGG started at 24 years old.

Hagler woulda been undersized, GGG woulda walked all over him. The top guys Hagler beat woulda all also been undersized in today's MW. Lemiuex and Stevens are the closest thing in stature to the 1970s-80s MWs.

Note: I'm not a GGG supporter, i'm messing around with you, with a little exaggeration. I'm bored and wanted to debate in favor of GGG but i'm done
                Ouma vs Golovkin wasn't a bad fight. It was actually fairly entertaining before Golovkin got Ouma punch drunk in the second half.

I don't disagree regarding his age, I was pointing out, that he also wasn't a novice at that time. He is a better fighter now. But I think a younger Ouma, gives this Golovkin the same problems, and probably doesn't get stopped. Hagler was usually the shorter man in the ring. He didn't have a problem with it.

Comment

"John "Tiny Ass" Mugabi was 5'8". Duran was like 5'6". Hamshoa was 5'8", Roldan 5'8". Antuofermo 5'7""..........

Another poster here who can read how tall or short someone is and how much they weigh!!!
                  However they know NOTHING about actually competing
                  against the men he mentioned.

Hagler was 5'9" not exactly a center in the NBA!!!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog............ You act like you know something about boxing but your just another "bigger must be better, cause I'm a shrimp"

Ray
                  Last edited by Ray Corso; 03-24-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                    The Marvelous One
                    This, Prime Haggler is on another level than GGG. He would be able to handle GGG's power if it went toe-to-toe but could quite easily outbox GGG as well.

I like GGG and i'm a fan but Haggler is one of the greatest middleweights ever for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      This, Prime Haggler is on another level than GGG. He would be able to handle GGG's power if it went toe-to-toe but could quite easily outbox GGG as well.

I like GGG and i'm a fan but Hagler is one of the greatest middleweights ever for a reason.
                      Very good boxer. Could switch hit as well. Most remember when he went into "destruct and destroy" mode but to really appreciate him you gotta check out his earlier fights more in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X