GGG vs Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
    True. Hagler would've had 175 KOs in this era
    I heard that people back then were a lot more durable so if Hagler threw a punch in 2017 the crowd would just vaporize. There's a reason he retired back then. It was a whole lot better back then.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      he was a kid and still stopped Ouma while being vastly inexperienced, he's had 16 pro fights since then. Let's talk about the 30-32 year GGG vs prime Hagler.
      He was 29 years of age, that was his 21st professional fight, while having 300 plus amateur fights. Golovkin, wasn't a kid. Ouma, a former 154 pounder, who was also shorter than Golovkin, was far past his best, and nothing more than a shopworn journeyman at the point he faced Golovkin. You say he still stopped Ouma, like that was something a power punching boxer, in his prime, shouldn't have done to a guy who was from a smaller weight division, and whose in ring age was about 55, lol

The 30-32 year old Golovkin, loses to Hagler, for the same reasons I stated. Hagler would be on his arse all night, we already know Golovkin is most vulnerable when guys come forward, and stand in with him, or push him back. Golovkin also isn't the power puncher many of you hyped him to be. He is more what Hopkins described as a clubbing guy. Hagler would be in his **** all night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
        He was 29 years of age, that was his 21st professional fight, while having 300 plus amateur fights. Golovkin, wasn't a kid. Ouma, a former 154 pounder, who was also shorter than Golovkin, was far past his best, and nothing more than a shopworn journeyman at the point he faced Golovkin. You say he still stopped Ouma, like that was something a power punching boxer, in his prime, shouldn't have done to a guy who was from a smaller weight division, and whose in ring age was about 55, lol

The 30-32 year old Golovkin, loses to Hagler, for the same reasons I stated. Hagler would be on his arse all night, we already know Golovkin is most vulnerable when guys come forward, and stand in with him, or push him back. Golovkin also isn't the power puncher many of you hyped him to be. He is more what Hopkins described as a clubbing guy. Hagler would be in his **** all night.
        Many fighters blossom late. There's a fight no one talks about, GGG vs Gardner, who did better than Ouma. People love parroting "GGG vs Ouma" as if that was really his worst fight. GGG couldn't stop Garnder and he was really frustrated with his awkward southpaw style.

29 years old with 21 pro fights some one could still have their best days ahead of them. If you think not, look at Hopkins. At 35 he finally got the definite best win of his career with 42 pro fights. If you wanna compare ages, already did it for you, B-Hop started pro boxing younger at 23 years old, GGG started at 24 years old.

Hagler woulda been undersized, GGG woulda walked all over him. The top guys Hagler beat woulda all also been undersized in today's MW. Lemiuex and Stevens are the closest thing in stature to the 1970s-80s MWs.

Note: I'm not a GGG supporter, i'm messing around with you, with a little exaggeration. I'm bored and wanted to debate in favor of GGG but i'm done

Comment

What a dream fight that would be

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post

Comment

Please, Hagler is overrated. 62 mostly padded wins, 3 losses, 2 draws. This guy would be like the Glen Johnson of the current beastly MW. Good durable fighter, maybe win some, lose some, get robbed some, but ultimately a durable B fighter. Saunders, Lee, N'Dam, Lemiuex all probably go 12 with him and some will win. Canelo clearly beats him. Hagler vs GGG never happens because Hagler ducks him.

Current Jacobs takes over the fragile 1970s-1980s MW division Hagler was a part of with all those tiny ass MW's. Jacobs would knock those fools out Quillin style.

John "Tiny Ass" Mugabi was 5'8". Duran was like 5'6". Hamshoa was 5'8", Roldan 5'8". Antuofermo 5'7". Small little MW's would get stomped out by the two greatest, most hard punching MW's in history GGG and Jacobs. Only MW's in history who would give GGG and Jacobs fits would be Hopkins and Jones and even they would be in danger of getting KO'ed in basically any round GGG/Jacobs decide to turn up the heat.
              Canelo clearly beats Hagler? LMAO Hagler is a B level fighter?! LOL
              You can stop trolling already I got a good laugh out of it all
              Last edited by KeyboardWarrior; 03-23-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

GGG would ABSOLUTELY annihilate him.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Comment

GGG has no chance because Hagler fought in the 80's. we all know everybody from the 80's is undefeated and unbeatable.

nothing more to discuss.

Comment

Many fighters blossom late. There's a fight no one talks about, GGG vs Gardner, who did better than Ouma. People love parroting "GGG vs Ouma" as if that was really his worst fight. GGG couldn't stop Garnder and he was really frustrated with his awkward southpaw style.

29 years old with 21 pro fights some one could still have their best days ahead of them. If you think not, look at Hopkins. At 35 he finally got the definite best win of his career with 42 pro fights. If you wanna compare ages, already did it for you, B-Hop started pro boxing younger at 23 years old, GGG started at 24 years old.

Hagler woulda been undersized, GGG woulda walked all over him. The top guys Hagler beat woulda all also been undersized in today's MW. Lemiuex and Stevens are the closest thing in stature to the 1970s-80s MWs.

Note: I'm not a GGG supporter, i'm messing around with you, with a little exaggeration. I'm bored and wanted to debate in favor of GGG but i'm done
                    There is definitely something wrong with you.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                      GGG would ABSOLUTELY annihilate him.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
                      Back on your meds.

GGGift couldn't even annihilate Jacobs....

Comment

Working...
                      X